United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer
Reply
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
MUFC One Love
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
ronaldo-rooney-tevez
Hagreaves and Fletcher. I'm sure the shoot crew will tell me Fletcher was part of the squad earlier this season, yes he was, but surely the club knew this condition was gonna cause him to need a break? I'm doubtful he'll ever come back. It's like last summer when Scholes retired, It's doubful he just retired out of the blue, Fergie will have known well in advance he was retiring. No replacement brought in so we had to bring him out of retirement for the second half of the season.

It's a #%&!ing joke.

Evra needs replacing soon, or even now because of how shit he has been for a while, we won't though. We'll keep him for another year, let Fabio go out on loan next season then sell Evra after next season bring back Fabio and he'll be our new left back and be a liability most of the time, whilst we get told he is still 'young'.

Fergie knows well in advance who needs replacing and what areas need strengthening, it has to be the finances that stop him addressing it.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:24 AM
stax
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
its funny how the glazers only really get mentioned when we're losing.

would there have been a thread on them if we'd beaten city?
the article quoted wouldn't have been published if we had won, so no, this thread wouldn't have been started.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Ginners
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
the article quoted wouldn't have been published if we had won, so no, this thread wouldn't have been started.
i rest my case
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
It's a fair point, however Sky have 10 million customers and United have 76000seats.

Boycotting one would have a far bigger impact than boycotting the other.

PS- Scholesy sticking up for the match going red.
Being serious for a moment withers, I've been a season ticket holder and was pretty much home and all local aways for about 10 years.
Priorities have changed over the last few years but i'd love to be there every week.
I gave up going every week as I didn't have a choice, these match going reds are being asked to choose between sitting in front of a laptop with a shit stream or watching their team...I know what I would be doing.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:27 AM
The Watcher
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I'm not sure that any of us would have predicted that Anderson, Cleverly and Fletcher would all be not available for most of the season and that Morrison and Pogba would have their own problems.
I'm not trying to be smart after the fact, but plenty could see the risk of going into the season with that group of midfielders. A couple on here managed to diagnose what was wrong with Fletcher long before it was finally announced that he was dying ffs. Cleverly's been a crock his whole career so far and previously done nothing to suggest he was of the quality United need. Anderson's shit, while Ravel and Pogba had their own issues.

The single biggest complaint in 2010/11 was our midfield, which was put to the sword comprehensively at Wembley after a season of mostly awful football. Nothing was done to rectify that and it took the return from retirement of Scholes mid way through the season to give us any hope of doing well in the League. For whatever reason, nothing was done to sort out the mess of a midfield we currently have and that's the reason this season has been such a disaster.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:30 AM
The Watcher
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Boycotting one would have a far bigger impact than boycotting the other.
All it needed was a boycott of one game while the gimps were trying to take over and the whole sorry business would never have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
none at all. why do you ask?
You're complaint was people only moan when we're unsuccessful?
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
armchair
 
Default

We'd have had Sneidjer on the bench at least. Oh how I wish we'd got an arab prince desperately trying to move his billions out of his tinpot country rather than some yanks bleeding United out.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Jack Duckworth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You're complaint was people only moan when we're unsuccessful?
no it wasn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i appreciate it's a hard decision to decide to stop going; i know because i gave up the book i had had since 1990.

but surely you can see it's illogical to complain about the glazers when you are helping them service the debt you are complaining they have saddled the club with? you can't have it both ways.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Withers
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
All it needed was a boycott of one game while the gimps were trying to take over and the whole sorry business would never have happened.
Well I wouldn't disagree with that.

The reality is nothing will get done now.It's a case of sit tight, wait for FFP and/or new owners.

Oh and get used to City winning for a few more years at least.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:33 AM
stax
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i rest my case
I don't see your point, the article was about the contrast in spending/finances between City and Utd and how City now have such a financial advantage, in large part due to the mismanagement of the Glazers.

Would we have any threads on how shit our midfield is if we'd beaten City?
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:33 AM
armchair
 
Default

You can complain about the glazers any time. It's their fault.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
The Watcher
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Well I wouldn't disagree with that.

The reality is nothing will get done now.It's a case of sit tight, wait for FFP and/or new owners.

Oh and get used to City winning for a few more years at least.
FFP That's the biggest crock of shit in football. There's more chance of SSG2's Qataris turning up and wiping out United's debt
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Ginners
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
I don't see your point, the article was about the contrast in spending/finances between City and Utd and how City now have such a financial advantage, in large part due to the mismanagement of the Glazers.

Would we have any threads on how shit our midfield is if we'd beaten City?
we've had plenty of threads on how shit we are all season after winning games, so yes, i think we would have.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:39 AM
MUFC One Love
 
Default

People aren't just mentioning the Glazers because we lost on Monday, people mention them quite a lot actually. Go back to last summer, we had just won the league but quite a lot of us were questioning our spending/the effect the Glazers are having on it and it will be the same this summer. In fact you'll probably find people were saying we won't be good enough this season unless we sign a midfielder.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Ginners
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
People aren't just mentioning the Glazers because we lost on Monday, people mention them quite a lot actually. Go back to last summer, we had just won the league but quite a lot of us were questioning our spending/the effect the Glazers are having on it and it will be the same this summer. In fact you'll probably find people were saying we won't be good enough this season unless we sign a midfielder.
i genuinely have a terrible memory but cant remember people questioning the spending, questioning what we spent it on for sure.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i genuinely have a terrible memory but cant remember people questioning the spending, questioning what we spent it on for sure.
What about the war chest?
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
MUFC One Love
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i genuinely have a terrible memory but cant remember people questioning the spending, questioning what we spent it on for sure.
No, we laughed most of the summer at our 'chase' of Sneijder, we all knew fulwell we couldn't afford him.

We let a few players go last summer and Scholes retired so the wage bill was kept to how they want it when they signed the players we signed.
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Ginners
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
No, we laughed most of the summer at our 'chase' of Sneijder, we all knew fulwell we couldn't afford him.

We let a few players go last summer and Scholes retired so the wage bill was kept to how they want it when they signed the players we signed.
we dodged a bullet with sneijder tbf.

its about time fergie started getting a bit of stick, he was given money to spend last summer and he decided not to sign someone. young cost us around 18m and god knows how much on wages, is fergie really going to tell us there wasnt a centre mid available for similar amount?
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:49 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
we dodged a bullet with sneijder tbf.

its about time fergie started getting a bit of stick, he was given money to spend last summer and he decided not to sign someone. young cost us around 18m and god knows how much on wages, is fergie really going to tell us there wasnt a centre mid available for similar amount?
There was and it was Jordan Henderson
 
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Jack Duckworth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
we dodged a bullet with sneijder tbf.

its about time fergie started getting a bit of stick, he was given money to spend last summer and he decided not to sign someone. young cost us around 18m and god knows how much on wages, is fergie really going to tell us there wasnt a centre mid available for similar amount?
resale value. that's what dictates our transfer policy now.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: What if the Glazers hadn't taken over?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mikel Arteta didn't tell his Arsenal squad they hadn't won at Manchester United for 14 YEARS fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 02-11-2020 01:00 AM
The Glazers. ziggyman17 Football 27 04-10-2019 06:47 AM
If United hadn't have appointed Ole yet and following our run of results and shit performances... windy waffles Football 233 08-05-2019 10:28 PM
If Hargreaves hadn't scored that freekick..... legendary saf Football 52 04-03-2008 05:39 PM
If fergie hadn't bought 2 international left backs within 20 months BryanRobson'sLiver Football 36 24-07-2007 02:38 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.