United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ahhhhh. Isn't that nice. I hope he's had a nice holiday, the £#%&!ing failure.

What sports do i partake in you ask? 5-a-side football and £#%&!ING WORKING FOR A LIVING!
Might be there's some athletes out there think that being a postman counts as failure.

Unread 11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Part 36 Offer

You're sounding a bit bitter here Sparky.

Were you a budding gymnast as a youngster until a broken nail stopped you in your tracks?

Unread 11-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Might be there's some athletes out there think that being a postman counts as failure.
True, but they'd be wrong.

Rossi the Red

I'm class at table tennis, reckon i could of made it.

dodger

Quote:
What sports do i partake in you ask? 5-a-side football and £#%&!ING WORKING FOR A LIVING!
I think Gypsum is trying to point out the malaise that affects the sporting prowess of our nation and the hypocrisy, admittedly light hearted, that you are displaying.
There is poor grass roots sport in this country because few people are interested, paticularly in organising and training youngsters
You complain that you are working for a living and have not time to train for the pole vault gold you would have been assured of winning whilst also complaining that our athletes are no good. Many of them had to hold down a jobs while training in the past but are now lottery funded. I don't think any money from tax payers goes to them.

Unread 11-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
You're sounding a bit bitter here Sparky.

Were you a budding gymnast as a youngster until a broken nail stopped you in your tracks?
No, no. Ether was right, i just like moaning.

Unread 11-08-2008, 04:45 PM
dodger

Quote:
True, but they'd be wrong.
Not if you dump the mail or drop those £#%&!ing red laccy bands all over the @#%&!ing place.

Unread 11-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
And so we £#%&!ing should. We've got about 50 million more people in our country and tons more money.

have you seen the medals table? China have 14 medals, USA 12, South Korea have 8 and so do Italy.

Italy?! What the £#%&! passes for olympic sports these days, piaggio scooter racing and harassing women?
Surely there must be a medal for growing mean side-burns

Unread 11-08-2008, 05:41 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
And so we £#%&!ing should. We've got about 50 million more people in our country and tons more money.

have you seen the medals table? China have 14 medals, USA 12, South Korea have 8 and so do Italy.
if you're going to bring up population and resources don't complain that china and usa have got more medals than us. especially 3 days in ffs.

what britain has contributed to the world, in all areas not just sport, is far greater than you'd expect for a country of our size.

smaller than congo, iran, thailand, ethiopia, vietnam, phillipines, mexico, nigeria, bangladesh, pakistan, india. who between the 2 billion plus of them have also amassed 3 medals.

Unread 11-08-2008, 05:53 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE

smaller than congo, iran, thailand, ethiopia, vietnam, phillipines, mexico, nigeria, bangladesh, pakistan, india. who between the 2 billion plus of them have also amassed 3 medals.
True but there are hundreds of millions of people in those countries who are more concerned about not starving to death rather than perfecting their triple jump.

Unread 11-08-2008, 05:56 PM
wee man

Why isn't it Team UK ? We're in it too but we aren't in GB.

Unread 11-08-2008, 05:59 PM
LancashireRed

Either way if the olympics was never held again the majority of people wudnt give to shits

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:01 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
I was discussing this with somebody earlier with regards to the football team we will be sending to 2012.

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Aren't you allowed to compete for either Team GB or Team Ireland though?

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Spiffy

I used to work with a male gymnast who was 3rd in the country. He would have loved to have gone to the Olympics but we only have 2 places. That's why we only have 2 people there.

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:08 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I used to work with a male gymnast who was 3rd in the country. He would have loved to have gone to the Olympics but we only have 2 places. That's why we only have 2 people there.
They must struggle in the team competition...

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:21 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Aren't you allowed to compete for either Team GB or Team Ireland though?
yeah - don't want to get into any political stuff - but generally those not good enough for Team GB (UK) do sometimes compete for the Republic. Particularly thinking of the Athletics. The Republic have had a few from here but Mary Peters, Mike Bull etc will always elect for GB first. Team is called Great Britain and Northern Ireland - could never understand why it wasn't simply called UK.

Unread 14-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Sparky***

7 medals. Pffft.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...le/default.stm

Unread 14-08-2008, 02:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Er, try 70 million + .
I didn't have time to count ffs.

Quote:
Italy?! What the £#%&! passes for olympic sports these days, piaggio scooter racing and harassing women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Did you ask why?

I'm not expecting medalists, but we should at least have people competing ffs.

Unread 14-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Ether

You have to qualify for the gymnastics, you don't get given places. So presumably everyone else was just too shit to qualify for the olympics. Believe the 2 lads that did get through are doing quite well though, both made their finals.
Closed Thread