United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2014, 12:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
One of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 once he has finally sorted the shit@#%&!s in defence and midfield out?

A pacier option in the No.10 role currently? One of the 2 forwards?

Go to Dortmund armed with transfer warchest and Cheech and Kags and come back with Reus and Hummels ffs.
Mata will be £#%&!ing class this season playing there

Unread 06-08-2014, 12:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Mata will be £#%&!ing class this season playing there
Watching him getting out paced to the ball by just about anyone and everyone pre-season worries me a bit. He's class once he's got the ball, but damn he's slow.

I have visions of Reus playing in that role and driving forward with the ball, beating men and generally causing havoc

Unread 06-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
One of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 once he has finally sorted the shit@#%&!s in defence and midfield out?

A pacier option in the No.10 role currently? One of the 2 forwards?

Go to Dortmund armed with transfer warchest and Cheech and Kags and come back with Reus and Hummels ffs.
I just can't see him playing 433 that much if this 3412 continues to be a success.

It was more of a rhetorical question really tbh but as one of the forwards would be interesting. He's made for united - ridiculously talented player and would add some much needed pace to our attacking group. Will be shocked if he doesn't end up at Bayern this summer.

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I just can't see him playing 433 that much if this 3412 continues to be a success.

It was more of a rhetorical question really tbh but as one of the forwards would be interesting. He's made for united - ridiculously talented player and would add some much needed pace to our attacking group. Will be shocked if he doesn't end up at Bayern this summer.
Switched to it against the dippers reckon he might flit between the 2 quite often...

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Switched to it against the dippers reckon he might flit between the 2 quite often...
Yes mate i watched the game

you're not going to buy reus on the back of "switching" to a particular formation for 25-30 minutes in the first half of a game every now and then though are you.

We don't have the players atm to play 433 effectively. I can see the big man switching to it in certain games a la the vermin game but I think his default will be the 3412, but who knows I suppose

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Watching him getting out paced to the ball by just about anyone and everyone pre-season worries me a bit. He's class once he's got the ball, but damn he's slow.

I have visions of Reus playing in that role and driving forward with the ball, beating men and generally causing havoc
You're a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You're a £#%&!ing idiot.
No mate. You're the £#%&!ing idiot on here.

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Robben and Ribery aren’t getting any younger.
Neither is Reus

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Bantz

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Tell us again about how we don't need Mata.

You absolute plonker.

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Neo

Quote:
I have similar visions of Januzaj doing the same thing.

Imagine a 4-2-3-1 with Januzaj and Reus either side of Mata in that 3. Havoc-causing levels would be off the richter!

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:36 PM
dunk

Quote:

You absolute plonker.
When we bought him we really didn't need him, the attempts to shoe horn him into the side for the remainder of the season proved that. We desperately needed to buy a competent central midfielder. And still do.

He was a desperation signing, the last throw of the dice from 2 very desperate men.

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

A world class player who's a united fan has a low buyout clause. Some other club's going to get a real bargain.

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

You absolute plonker.
what's this, dunk doesn't rate mata?

So add Mata to the list:

rooney
bale
mata

anymore for anymore?

iirc dunk didn't want RVP at first either did he?

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Neo

Sparky taking on Dunk in a tactics/formation/selection debate.

Tell us again Sparky about how much you rate the likes of Jones and Welbeck.

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:41 PM
silv

Mata will be the PFA player of the year this year no question about that.
15+ goals and 20+ assists

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:43 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

The Watcher

Talking

Quote:
It would "feel like cheating" iirc (I do btw).

dunk

Quote:
what's this, dunk doesn't rate mata?

So add Mata to the list:

rooney
bale
mata

anymore for anymore?

NOt don't rate. Not at all. He's a lovely player, tremendous brain and left peg, great to watch. However, he is slow as £#%&! and just about all our front players are slow as £#%&!, so that isn't conducive to a fast paced attacking game, really. That and the amount of players we already had to play that role, the silly price considering Chelsea were desperate to get rid and the fact we were screaming out for players in other areas made it a ridiculous signing at the time. Ok, LvG might be able to build the team around him, didn't make it any less ridiculous at the time.

Unread 06-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Amen. He's going to have a monster season nqat
Closed Thread