United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2014, 12:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you have to laugh at people focusing in on what some random person mistook as a POTY award rather than talking about the accolades kagawa did actually get while he was playing in the bundesliga

kicker's Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2010–11, 2011–12
European Sports Media's European Team of the Season: 2011–12*
Asian International Footballer of the Year: 2012

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Sports_Media
Loads of people, tbf. Someone said it to me last night. I let it slide.

Unread 24-01-2014, 12:39 AM
armchair

Kagawa caught all the pokemon. So I think that speaks for itself.

Unread 24-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Serenity Now

St. John Kagawa

Unread 24-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Another thing annoys me is two holding midfielders. Yeah Scholes was a holding midfielder. Fantastic at tracking back and tackling. £#%&!ing madness.
Part of the reason Scholes was so influential was because Keane was so £#%&!ing good, it allowed him the freedom

The other reason is he was an astonishinly good football player though obv

Unread 24-01-2014, 12:49 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Part of the reason Scholes was so influential was because Keane was so £#%&!ing good, it allowed him the freedom

The other reason is he was an astonishinly good football player though obv
Scholes was good with Carrick too. Why when we've seen fletch and carrick together are both of them basically sitting back most of the time? It's anti-football.

In a way, I'm glad to see Moyes punished for such negative tactics.

Unread 24-01-2014, 12:53 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you have to laugh at people focusing in on what some random person mistook as a POTY award rather than talking about the accolades kagawa did actually get while he was playing in the bundesliga
you and big moyesy seem to be having a lot of "laughs" this season.

it's nice.

Unread 24-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Scholes was good with Carrick too. Why when we've seen fletch and carrick together are both of them basically sitting back most of the time? It's anti-football.
Because they aren't the same kind of player as scholes and we don't have that many midfielders.

4-2-3-1 is alright with the right players. the two holding midfielders allowing the others to play.

we did it with the djemba twins and phil neville with keane for a bit, but now we don't have the quality upfront to make it worth while

Unread 24-01-2014, 01:14 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Because they aren't the same kind of player as scholes and we don't have that many midfielders.

4-2-3-1 is alright with the right players. the two holding midfielders allowing the others to play.

we did it with the djemba twins and phil neville with keane for a bit, but now we don't have the quality upfront to make it worth while
Disagree. By playing two holding midfield players all we've done is invite teams onto us. A proper manager would've tried kaggers alongside Carrick instead of out on the wing. That would've been an aggressive choice rather than our current situation where we worry about teams like sunderland, invite them onto us, then lose.

Oh but the refs/the fixture/the squad. A proper manager and we'd be top three right now.

Unread 24-01-2014, 01:33 AM
jem

fletch is not a holding player. not having that. he's just not an attacking player. he's nothing, really - a peripheral irrelevance. moyes should have been playing ando and valencia next to carrick.

Unread 24-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Disagree. By playing two holding midfield players all we've done is invite teams onto us. A proper manager would've tried kaggers alongside Carrick instead of out on the wing. That would've been an aggressive choice rather than our current situation where we worry about teams like sunderland, invite them onto us, then lose.

Oh but the refs/the fixture/the squad. A proper manager and we'd be top three right now.
I don't like the 4-2-3-1, or two holding players in general, unless the two have an excellent understanding. One holding midfielder on his own tends to work harder and not sit as deep. That is obviously a massive sweeping statement that probably does have some basis in truth but probably as many exceptions. So just forget it.

Unread 24-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I don't like the 4-2-3-1, or two holding players in general, unless the two have an excellent understanding. One holding midfielder on his own tends to work harder and not sit as deep. That is obviously a massive sweeping statement that probably does have some basis in truth but probably as many exceptions. So just forget it.

Unread 24-01-2014, 02:17 AM
Part 36 Offer

You just need two quality midfield players. It's not £#%&!ing rocket science

Look at City. They have two world class midfield players and they cope just fine with 4 out and out attackers ahead of them. They both even manage to get forward and actually score goals and affect play. They play two up top, an out and out winger and Silva or Nasri in a free role. It seems to work perfectly. It's all about the right personnel. If we had them two in centre mid we would be top of the league. Instead we have our bunch of £#%&!ing #@&%!s and we are wallowing in 7th.

If you had a front 4 of RVP, Rooney, Matoh and Janners or Kagawa or even Valencia, Welbeck or £#%&!ing Young ( at the last 3 mongs) and then two quality midfield players it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference the system you played. good players adapt.

Unread 24-01-2014, 05:04 AM
ScarFace

Thumbs down

he cost 17mil. If he was any good it would of been treble that.

Ive seen nothing to warrant the berbadross lovers praising him.

Unread 24-01-2014, 07:18 AM
believe

Like berbatov, most people who've argued his greatness will agree he's actually not that great once he leaves.

My favourite moment was when he let that firework off in tevez's face.

Unread 24-01-2014, 08:15 AM
shenwen

Only need rogiepop to post now and the "sage" trinity is complete

Unread 24-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
he cost 17mil. If he was any good it would of been treble that.

Ive seen nothing to warrant the berbadross lovers praising him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Like berbatov, most people who've argued his greatness will agree he's actually not that great once he leaves.

My favourite moment was when he let that firework off in tevez's face.

I love it when I can get my point across by just quoting idiots. So much less work for me

Unread 24-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
I love it when I can get my point across by just quoting idiots. So much less work for me

Unread 24-01-2014, 09:09 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

Unread 24-01-2014, 09:20 AM
carlosartorial

If he was to go right now it would be no great loss.

It hasn't worked and he hasn't performed - pretty much indisputable facts.

I'll have renewed respect for Moyes if he acts decisively now rather than let him hang around for another 3 years on the periphery of things, Anderson-style.

I don't like him being compared to Berbatov though, because Berbatov actually won a few football matches for Man United.

Unread 24-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
If he was to go right now it would be no great loss.

It hasn't worked and he hasn't performed - pretty much indisputable facts.

I'll have renewed respect for Moyes if he acts decisively now rather than let him hang around for another 3 years on the periphery of things, Anderson-style.

I don't like him being compared to Berbatov though, because Berbatov actually won a few football matches for Man United.

It obviously hasn't worked out, you can debate the why of that all day long though. I take issue, as I did with Berbatov, when people say "he's not good enough". It's just not true.

Djemba Djemba was not good enough. Bebe was not good enough. Liam Miller was not good enough.

But how the £#%&! can you lump Berbatov, Kagawa, Veron, Forlan etc in with that lot....
Closed Thread