United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:19 PM
The Watcher

Football If you were Sir Chip, wtf would you do to the squad this summer?

Who's in, who's out? Realistically, what sort of business would you like the club to do. What do you expect from Ser Mother£#%&!er?

As always, I look forward to Baron's long, expletive filled response and any midfielders the sages have discovered

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:19 PM
aardvark

spend everything on bale.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Mr Castro

I'd get rid of Anderson, Young and Nani.

Then buy Bale.

I don't think that's unrealistic. Regardless of whether or not Spurs get into the Champions League, if Bale knew we were interested, he'd come. Long term he'd know it'd make sense.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Crumps

Ando, Young, Nani out.

2 midfielders, a left footed winger to add to Zaha.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Pop

Sneijder.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:23 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
I'd get rid of Anderson, Young and Nani.

Then buy Bale.

I don't think that's unrealistic. Regardless of whether or not Spurs get into the Champions League, if Bale knew we were interested, he'd come. Long term he'd know it'd make sense.
Yep. Me too. Young wont go though - at least another 2 years of underachievement left in him.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:24 PM
plopborsky

interesting last season we seemed to go big. We were after moura, hazard and rvp.

that's not to say we would have got all three if available but it shows you what fergie was about.

I pray to god he goes about this summers business the same way, no £#%&!ing about go and get the best players out there, midfield has to be the priority.

out
1.nani - sad but its time to move him on
2.anderson - fat and its time to move him on

in
1. wide attacking player
2. mid

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:24 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
spend everything on bale.
nqat. There isn't a player in the land I'd rather have. He'd be superb at United and pick up a Ballon d'Or within a couple of years.

Still a big fan of Nani, but I think his time's up. Will never be the player he should be imo

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:25 PM
atticusgrinch

Sell Young, Valencia and Anderson.

Buy Bale and Wilshere. And another midfielder ideally.

That'd do me for a CL challenge imo.

Sorry this is sad but i do feel compelled:

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Wilshere Carrick

Nani Rooney Bale

RVP

believe

Tell the board he's £#%&!ing off unless Ronaldo comes back. £#%&! nani off and give Anderson an ultimatum. Bale on the left and a good future replacement for Carrick.

De Gea
Rafael - Vidic - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Anderson
Ronaldo - Rooney - Bale
RvP

Jez Quigley

Mick Harford and Gareth Southgate.

Failing that, bin Anderson, Nani and Young

Buy Bale and Fellaini.

Still say we need some more muscle in the team and Bale would help shift shirts in the booming simian market.

MJ Ramone

It surely must be midfield ..a consistent & quality performer to play alongside Carrick every week.

I'd like to think the wide areas will be sorted but I think only Nani will leave & Zaha will be his replacement.

It won't shock anyone to learn that I'd be gutted if Rooney went, but this will depend on his relationship with Fergie - which obviously isn't what it was.

Anderson, Nani, Scholes & Fletcher will surely be gone..

Bale for me is the 'dream' signing.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Blagger

Need to properly assess Vida's future imo.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:26 PM
rogieop

Anderson out, Fabio back, give Powell more game time. Don't really give a £#%&! other than that. Love this squad tbh.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Crumps

Bale, Strootman, Modric/Wilshire and Zaha.

Wilshire must have looked at Veep last night and thought, do I really want to wait til I am nearly 30 before I win a league title?

plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
nqat. There isn't a player in the land I'd rather have. He'd be superb at United and pick up a Ballon d'Or within a couple of years.

Still a big fan of Nani, but I think his time's up. Will never be the player he should be imo

Switching Off

Sell: Anderson, Nani, Young
Buy: Bale, Wilshere, Ronaldo

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Aman27deep

I did a fantasy in/out earlier, now realistic.

Out -
Nani
Anderson
Young
Lindegaard
Macheda
Scholes (retiring)

In -
Fellaini
James Rodriguez OR Gareth Bale
Luke Shaw
Zaha (already confirmed)
Wilshere OR Isco
Lewandowski OR Falcao (ONLY IF ROONEY/HERNANDEZ GOES)

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:31 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It surely must be midfield ..a consistent & quality performer to play alongside Carrick every week.
But who is this mysterious, worldy midfielder, to play alongside Carrick? I barely watch any non United football these days tbh, so I'm not sure who to pine after

Anderson and Scholes will be gone this summer, so even if the club persists with the fantasy of Fletcher becoming a proper player again, they'll need to bring in at least one new midfielder. It won't be Wilshere btw.

Unread 23-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Mr Castro

Isco would be really easy to get in theory. Malaga are pretty £#%&!ed and won't be in the Champions League for quite a while so they have to sell.

But as I said, in theory.
Closed Thread