United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Ethers

Default Rooney & Evra sign new contracts

According to the Sundays. Great news, 2 absolute legends.

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:09 AM
HERTS_RED

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:12 AM
RedMenace

The Evra story appears to be that he has played enough games to trigger the option for another year if he wants one. No guarantee that he does.

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:15 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
The Evra story appears to be that he has played enough games to trigger the option for another year if he wants one. No guarantee that he does.
Should probably have read the story properly first tbh, was too busy getting the champers out though.

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:18 AM
dunk

Can get a decent price for Rooney now.

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Fatboy Shrek

£300k a week

Well in Dave.

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:32 AM
Mr_Ed

Paddy on a new deal? Jesus he needs putting down... Love the crazy French bastard but..,

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Paddy on a new deal? Jesus he needs putting down... Love the crazy French bastard but..,
Rio, Giggs and Vida going. Need some exp to retain I would guess. Plus I really love Pat.

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:42 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Rio, Giggs and Vida going. Need some exp to retain I would guess. Plus I really love Pat.

You can love him all you like he's a liability on Le pitch

Unread 16-02-2014, 01:43 AM
ScarFace

evra said in oct he is going to france for personal reasons.

Unless thats changed and he is ok sitting on the bench next year....he's off.

Best personality we'e had.

Unread 16-02-2014, 02:54 AM
rebelcountyred

Meh

Unread 16-02-2014, 04:07 AM
Neo

Hopefully Evra staying means Buttner is £#%&!ing off back to his gypo site. What Fergie saw in that useless shit-tattooed Dutch @#%&! I'll never know.

The perfect scenario would be keeping Evra and bringing in a young left-back like Shaw who will become 1st choice next season, with Evra providing experienced back-up.

Who knows, if Evra gets some time to share the responsibilities at left-back without being flogged to death like he's been for the past three years, he might regain some of his best form.

Unread 16-02-2014, 04:10 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Should probably have read the story properly first tbh, was too busy getting the champers out though.

Unread 16-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Curtis

Evra has been shit since the last world cup?

Heart breaking as it has been to watch. He went into the last world cup (for my money at least) as hands down the best left back in the world. Since then we've had flashes and the occasional game here and there and that's it. The rest of the time he's been utterly uninterested in tracking back, being in position or any of the other fundamentals involved with the position. Seriously, the sheer volume of goals we have conceded down our left side in the past four seasons, purely because of that £#%&!er not being where he should be, is horrific. Half the reason Fergie used to play Ashley £#%&! when he didn't deserve a game was simply because he tracked back and covered for Pat more than any of the other left wing options.

His heart and affection for our club is not in question but his game has been £#%&!ing dreadful for too long. I love the lad as much as anyone but I'm not blind to the fact he's been a shadow of his former self for way too long. I dare say if we get in someone good for that position he will see his arse and pull his finger out a bit but it shouldn't take that. Its been too long and I'm pretty sure what he had is not coming back.

Unread 16-02-2014, 10:38 AM
rustling jimmies

Rooney news is a huge boost to the club.

Evra staying at least a year would be a good move, bring in a young (Shaw) new LB and slowly phase him into the team with Evra as cover.

Replacing our whole defence in one transfer window would be a disaster.

Unread 16-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Mr Castro

I prefer Evra staying if it means he provides the backup to the new left back, as opposed to Buttner.

We are getting a new left back right?

Unread 16-02-2014, 10:54 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
According to the Sundays. Great news, 2 absolute legends.

Unread 16-02-2014, 10:56 AM
believe

the drugs at the curry night must have been good.

Unread 16-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hopefully Evra staying means Buttner is £#%&!ing off back to his gypo site. What Fergie saw in that useless shit-tattooed Dutch @#%&! I'll never know.

The perfect scenario would be keeping Evra and bringing in a young left-back like Shaw who will become 1st choice next season, with Evra providing experienced back-up.

Who knows, if Evra gets some time to share the responsibilities at left-back without being flogged to death like he's been for the past three years, he might regain some of his best form.
This, this and this.

Fans wanting Evra out

The bloke has played pretty much every game for the last 4 years without much rest. It's no wonder he's form is suffering a bit.

We need another left back but should try our best to keep Pat.

Unread 16-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Good news.

Closed Thread