United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2013, 01:13 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
assistant to the manger of the reserves.
Probably. Does his shopping, cleans his car etc.

Unread 28-05-2013, 01:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Probably. Does his shopping, cleans his car etc.

Unread 28-05-2013, 01:22 PM
bobbledinho

Great choice.

Knows the club inside out. Been through the youth system to the first team, winning everything in sight along the way. Went to Everton and was made captain almost straight away, earned the respect of the players and fans there and built a close relationship with BDM.

Always seemed a likeable fella, won't be rubbing any players up the wrong way, but still professional and disciplined enough to do the job. He'd be the perfect fit for BDM and United.

Unread 28-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
I understand the uneasiness but don't think it's remotely comparable Throbbers. Poor old Wilf was well and truly shafted. He was 32 ffs. The Boss, but never accepted by ageing players Law, Best, Charlton, Crerand etc all of whom he had to get rid of or whip into shape. Charlton was playing golf with Matt and telling tales behind his back whilst. Paddy would be out wining and dining in cosy couples' nights out with Matt. Wilf never had a chance. They went thru O'Farrell before finally arriving at Docherty who finally had the balls and authority to do the dirty deeds that needed doing. None of that is necessary here. One or two may need showing the door like Ando or whoever but none will be running back to Ferguson, least of all Rooney. Scholsie's off and Giggs knows he's not far off and virtually assured of a coaching job if he wants it. There may be other issues and nothing is assured but I think Phil coming back is the least of our worries. I'm fairly optimistic but Moysie and his crew are in a different ball game now and I don't know much about his staff but they'll know this is their big chance. Fergie would've weighed all this up and nobody is better qualified to oversee the changeover, this time without the shortsightedness that Busby left his successors to deal with. Fergie will have seen to that.

edit: apart from the fact that Phil isn't the boss
the thing with all this is that I was hoping for some variation in tactics and strategies when Ferguson finally stepped down, but I'm just not sure Moyes can offer that and don't see how having Phil Neville alongside him will help either. I do see Neville as very much a yes man in much the same mould as Phelan to Ferguson. That won't be a bad thing by any stretch most of the time but ... anyway, we'll find out soon enough I suppose, even if the players should be able to ease Moyes' passage* to start with

*no irk

Unread 28-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the thing with all this is that I was hoping for some variation in tactics and strategies when Ferguson finally stepped down, but I'm just not sure Moyes can offer that and don't see how having Phil Neville alongside him will help either. I do see Neville as very much a yes man in much the same mould as Phelan to Ferguson. That won't be a bad thing by any stretch most of the time but ... anyway, we'll find out soon enough I suppose, even if the players should be able to ease Moyes' passage* to start with

*no irk
Buying a midfielder, or god help us two

Getting rid of some deadwood

Getting the lazy @#%&! Anderson fit

Putting the fear of god into those that need it put into them.

If he does just that, and changes nothing else, we'll win the league

Unread 28-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

*no irk

Unread 28-05-2013, 04:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Buying a midfielder, or god help us two

Getting rid of some deadwood

Getting the lazy @#%&! Anderson fit

Putting the fear of god into those that need it put into them.

If he does just that, and changes nothing else, we'll win the league
Does. Not. Compute

Unread 28-05-2013, 04:42 PM
ZiggyStardust

I've got no problem with Phil Neville coming in as Assistant Manager to be the link between the manager and the players however if he is appointed as head coach then I would have big concerns.

Unlike his brother, when he was on MOTD he seemed to say the same old clichéd guff that Shearer and the rest come out with
He hasn’t even completed the highest coaching badges yet

Unread 28-05-2013, 04:43 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I've got no problem with Phil Neville coming in as Assistant Manager to be the link between the manager and the players however if he is appointed as head coach then I would have big concerns.

Unlike his brother, when he was on MOTD he seemed to say the same old clichéd guff that Shearer and the rest come out with
Moyes does most of the training sessions himself, like Fergal in the early years. Pip's just there to shove a few cones down and hand the bibs out.

Unread 28-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Unread 28-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Albert Tatlock

Phil Neville "gets" United... and for that reason his appointment onto the coaching staff is a big plus point for me

Unread 28-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Cream

Quote:

That was my concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Moyes does most of the training sessions himself, like Fergal in the early years. Pip's just there to shove a few cones down and hand the bibs out.
Until Grimson pointed the above out.

Not sure where I stand now.

Unread 28-05-2013, 07:05 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
As well as Moyes being more active he's expected to bring in Steve Round who, importantly, is highly regarded on Football Manager. So he should command the instant respect of the players. Pip would be the Phelan of the operation with the potential to grow into his shorts in time.

Unread 28-05-2013, 08:33 PM
skcollob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
They went thru O'Farrell before finally arriving at Docherty who finally had the balls and authority to do the dirty deeds that needed doing.

you took me right off topic there

Unread 28-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Phil Neville "gets" United... and for that reason his appointment onto the coaching staff is a big plus point for me
Pure "gets" United.

I'd appoint him tbf.

Unread 28-05-2013, 08:45 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I read on his twitter that he was doing training then back to the classroom. Wonder what he's doing?
Quote:
I think he's doing his UEFA A coaching badge. Second highest one.
that's no way to refer to believe ffs

Unread 28-05-2013, 08:48 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sitter
that's no way to refer to believe ffs
Come on now, you can do better than that.

Unread 28-05-2013, 09:22 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
Come on now, you can do better than that.
i dont believe i can

Unread 28-05-2013, 11:59 PM
wonky no

moyes is hardly a £#%&!wit. he works with woods on a daily basis and has trust and loyalty with his number two. seems rene was offered a role but didn't accept it.

chris woods kept chris turner out of the england 11.....

Unread 29-05-2013, 12:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
moyes is hardly a £#%&!wit. he works with woods on a daily basis and has trust and loyalty thwith his number two. seems rene was offered a role but didn't accept it.

chris woods kept chris turner out of the england 11.....
Shilton kept them both out tbh.

Tbf, Robbo probably would've gone in net for England before Chris Turner.
Closed Thread