United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2019, 06:35 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Easy to say, a wee bit harder to do.
Any more meaningful insight than that? Or just bumping for the sake?

Unread 03-02-2019, 06:35 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
he should play left back. in the changing room!!!

#@&%!

Unread 03-02-2019, 06:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Awful little @#%&! ain't he...
So is Tom Cruise.

Unread 03-02-2019, 06:38 PM
MagnificentSeven

missed it but sounds like we had to grind that win out.

we've not got the best of records at their place since they got promoted, so any win would have done really.

Unread 03-02-2019, 06:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Any more meaningful insight than that? Or just bumping for the sake?
Well, its a fair point innit. Everybody wants to buy the "right players" I'm sure

Going back to Sanchez, for all the talk of him being a "statement buy" I'm sure that Jose/the suits saw him as a "right" signing at the time?

Unread 03-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Tiberian

Badly need another creative passing option, or someone who can run with the ball in midfield. Really shows me what a failure of a signing Mata has been over the years, bought him to bring a creative spark and his best days at Utd were sneaking in and scoring goals.

Unread 03-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Badly need another creative passing option, or someone who can run with the ball in midfield. Really shows me what a failure of a signing Mata has been over the years, bought him to bring a creative spark and his best days at Utd were sneaking in and scoring goals.
Yep. A top central midfield player is still required.

Unread 03-02-2019, 06:52 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Should be Fred.

Relegated to third option behind Perrera and £#%&!ing Phil Jones.

Unread 03-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Should be Fred.

Relegated to third option behind Perrera and £#%&!ing Phil Jones.
It seems that Fred is £#%&!ing shite I’m afraid.

Unread 03-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
It seems that Fred is £#%&!ing shite I’m afraid.
Does make you wonder what he's doing in training because neither Jose or Ole seem to fancy him at all.

Unread 03-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Does make you wonder what he's doing in training because neither Jose or Ole seem to fancy him at all.
no idea why we £#%&!ing signed him tbh

Unread 03-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
no idea why we £#%&!ing signed him tbh
Seemingly an upgrade on Herrera.

Unread 03-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Seemingly an upgrade on Herrera.
Were there not some rumours in the Summer about the squad taking the piss out of his first touch in pre-season training?

Maybe with a chance and some confidence he settles and kicks on(look at Lindelof) but at the moment it looks like another expensive mistake.

Unread 03-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Agreed... pretty sure Sandro is a left footed LB though.

I’m liking the suggestion on Wan-Bissaka from Palace tbh.
You're right, not sure why I thought Sandro was a right-back.

I like Wan-Bissaka, has a lot to his game that's really well-suited to the top level of the Premier League, but I also like Dalot, who is a similar age. I think we need an experienced player there (aged 28-30) who can come in for a couple of seasons whilst Dalot develops. Not sure who, but we need to upgrade both Young and Valencia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Think Herrera has been brilliant since ole came in
Agreed, Pure. He's stepped up, like they all have, tbf. Still think we could do with a better ball player than him, though. Herrera has great energy and tenacity, but if we're looking to dominate the ball and control games against the tope sides through the midfield, we could do with a better player there IMO. If we had a Scholes/Xavi/Modric type who could dictate the play, and allow Pogba to wreak havoc in attack, we'd go up several levels. Again, not sure who that player is, but it's not Herrera. Would love Thiago Alcantara, tbh.

Unread 03-02-2019, 08:27 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

it will take ole no more than a month/six weeks to sort the arse breathers out, from a fitness point of view we'll be firing on all cylinders by then, we rested all season

Andre Gomes doesn't want to return to barca and I'm sure he'd rather be at OT than Everton, the fee might be fairly sensible too. Player and a half, are we even looking at him?

Unread 03-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Were there not some rumours in the Summer about the squad taking the piss out of his first touch in pre-season training?

Maybe with a chance and some confidence he settles and kicks on(look at Lindelof) but at the moment it looks like another expensive mistake.
Pretty sure someone on here just made that up.

Unread 03-02-2019, 09:27 PM
dragflick

Cracking trip, can remember £#%&! all from the game tbh. Know we won though so all good

Ole.

Unread 03-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Cracking trip, can remember £#%&! all from the game tbh. Know we won though so all good

Ole.

Unread 03-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Sparky***

As much as i want Sanchez to do well here, he looks burnt out. Whatever spark he had at arsenal is gone, at this stage I'm not entire sure what he even brings to the side. He's not quick anymore and certainly doesn't use the ball in the way you'd expect of a world class player.

I suppose we'll have to chalk it off as another vanity signing by Woodward.

That No7 has been a £#%&!ing curse since Ronaldo left.

Unread 03-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As much as i want Sanchez to do well here, he looks burnt out. Whatever spark he had at arsenal is gone, at this stage I'm not entire sure what he even brings to the side. He's not quick anymore and certainly doesn't use the ball in the way you'd expect of a world class player.

I suppose we'll have to chalk it off as another vanity signing by Woodward.

That No7 has been a £#%&!ing curse since Ronaldo left.
Owen, Valencia, Di Maria and the current wearer... have I missed anyone ?
Closed Thread