United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2007, 05:59 PM
caleb2003

Default Giggs

Was suprisingly fantastic today.

Distribution still poor but I thought he really put the effort in and made some brilliant runs.

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
koppas

Fantastic is a bit strong but he done very well today.

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:03 PM
poppy

Apart from the run at the end where he won the free kick, I thought he was our worst player again. The amount of times he gives the ball away is shocking.

If we can get away with playing him at home against the lesser teams and having him out of the side for the big games and when we're away we'll be all right.

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:04 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Apart from the run at the end where he won the free kick, I thought he was our worst player again. The amount of times he gives the ball away is shocking.

If we can get away with playing him at home against the lesser teams and having him out of the side for the big games and when we're away we'll be all right.
Shut up.

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Tiberian

Seemed to be gaining a bit of confidence towards the end of the game, helped by that ridiculous sequence of genius skill that led to him winning the free kick on the edge of the box

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Boring @#%&!

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:14 PM
poppy

Probably the only 'great' player that doesn't have that extra half second of time on the ball.

Always rushed.

Hence his woeful distribution.

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:22 PM
firesale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Seemed to be gaining a bit of confidence towards the end of the game, helped by that ridiculous sequence of genius skill that led to him winning the free kick on the edge of the box
That's exactly the way I saw it. Giggs has never had great distribution. People still moaning about that don't have a clue about football. What Giggs gives you is movement and threat.

Even though he gives the ball away a lot it's invariably because he is trying something progressive. Having that mentality in the team/squad encourages the right style of football.

I hope he's at United forever.

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:27 PM
TreeFiddy

Giggs was excellent. Top performance today.

Quote:

Oooh, you're soooo controversial.

Unread 11-11-2007, 07:22 PM
borsuk

Quote:
I thought he was our worst player again
you didn't, did you? really? the shocks just keep on coming.

Unread 11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you didn't, did you? really? the shocks just keep on coming.
He is a sea of negativity that man.And predictable. Giggs is past his best, but some of the skill he produces, not learned tricks like Ronaldo, but instinctive brilliance is an utter joy to behold.

That run today was the moment of the match, and he did something very similar just a few minutes later.

Yes he gives the ball away but he also creates a great deal.

Unread 11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Ed Sullivan

he may not be the Giggs of old, but I still get goosebumps when he starts to go on one of his runs, pushing the ball with the outside of his foot as his body leans to one side

Giggs will tear you apart.

Unread 11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
ralph

In his prime the most exciting i have ever seen on the pitch. A joy to watch.

Good old Ryan

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:03 AM
caleb2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Fantastic is a bit strong but he done very well today.
Fergie agrees with me.

Sir Alex Ferguson saluted Ryan Giggs' staying power after Manchester United moved to the top of the Premier League with a victory against Blackburn.
The Reds manager was full of praise for his evergreen winger, who turns 34 this month.

Two goals from Cristiano Ronaldo earned a 2-0 victory - but it was Giggs' performance that really had Ferguson beaming.

"I thought Ryan Giggs was absolutely fantastic - particularly in the second half," he said.

"Ryan is 34 at the end of month but look at him today and the freshness he showed - he can go on for years yet, he's a wonderful servant."

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Ether

Quote:
He is a sea of negativity that man.
You're too kind. I'd be tempted to call him a sea of something else.

I completely agree with what Firesale wrote, absolutely spot on.

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
I actually agree with you there. He was very poor first half. Passing was woeful.

He did make a couple of very classy runs towards the end, but the match was long since over by the time he'd pulled his finger out.

Unread 12-11-2007, 04:06 AM
sharath

Quote:
He is a sea of negativity that man.And predictable. Giggs is past his best, but some of the skill he produces, not learned tricks like Ronaldo, but instinctive brilliance is an utter joy to behold.

That run today was the moment of the match, and he did something very similar just a few minutes later.

Yes he gives the ball away but he also creates a great deal.
thats laughable. learned tricks?

It comes to ronnie by birth. those type of things can't be learnt. Now don't tell me messi's going past players is also learnt tricks.

Unread 12-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
thats laughable. learned tricks?

It comes to ronnie by birth. those type of things can't be learnt. Now don't tell me messi's going past players is also learnt tricks.
Most of Ronaldo's tricks are learnt. Why would you think that is a bad thing? Ronaldo is a power player with unbelievable skill. Most of Ryan Giggs' skill is instinctive, or to put it a better way, natural; it's all about fleet of foot and unbalancing his opponent.

As for yesterday? Giggs was superb throughout the match. Again. And Ronaldo scored. Again.

Unread 12-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Rhodzy

It's his favourite time of year, he has always been brilliant around christmas.

Unread 12-11-2007, 10:29 AM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb2003
Was suprisingly fantastic today.

Distribution still poor but I thought he really put the effort in and made some brilliant runs.
Closed Thread