United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:29 AM
sharath

Default End should be near for giggs

as a starter for now.

This is not a slagging of giggs just that he is not good enough for being a starter at united. There are plenty out there who are just that and giggs is one among them now.

Completely useless yesterday. Forget attacking, he never even considered giving protection to evra. sometimes there were 2 attackers against evra.

Blood in nani and look for another young left winger for the future. The time has come to draw the curtains for giggs.

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Rhodzy

How did Tevez and Ronaldo do yesterday?
I thought Giggs played well.

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Flowers of Manchester

Evra was left exposed at times.

Giggs - yet another Cup Final style miss...why didnt he use his left

However, Giggs still can do it and has shown at times (especially in the last month).

The thing is Fergie needs to play Nani in a big game to really give him a proper kick up the arse.

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:51 AM
chorleyred

giggs can still offer the team something

but only if he keeps the balance of the team right and stays on the left, not roaming anywhere he wants to

rooney needing to be a left winger and a striker whilst giggs ambers around all over is absolutely £#%&!in mental

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:02 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
How did Tevez and Ronaldo do yesterday?
I thought Giggs played well.
tevez was shit. and rightly subbed for saha. I was not convinced rooney and tevez are the best partnership we can have and I am not still. yes against the wigans, villa or kievs of the world.

but against top teams? I don't think so. Although tevez and rooney should be excused for yesterday because of playing in a shit formation.

Ronaldo was the best of the front 6 apart from Anderson. One assist and one super cross that somehow giggs missed and a goal. Also a header against the post ( wrongfully a free kick was given against him ) and won numerous headers yesterday.

He was so isolated it was untrue. never got the ball where he should have got and when he got he showed the quality.

If somebody tells me what giggs gave the team yesterday then we can have a reasonable debate. ( don't even mention the deemed experience %@#$&!s. )

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:03 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
rooney needing to be a left winger and a striker whilst giggs ambers around all over is absolutely £#%&!in mental
yup. this made the formation which was shit even more disastrous as rooney was doing giggs work, tevez as we know never the one who stays upfront, we didn't have a striker at all.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:04 PM
puressence

i agree on giggs mate . but disagree on tevez some of his hold up play yday was sublime hes a strong £#%&!er ..

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:05 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Giggs was awful yesterday.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
Giggs was awful yesterday.
he has been awful imho all season ...

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:24 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i agree on giggs mate . but disagree on tevez some of his hold up play yday was sublime hes a strong £#%&!er ..
But I think as a striker you have to do much more than hold up the ball. his positioning was poor.

But as I said in the previous post, I will give him and rooney benefit of doubt as the formation by fergie gave them no help.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:38 PM
1MUFC

How anyone dares to try and outcast giggs after all he has done for the club so be ashamed of themselves. He is still a very very good player who adds to the side, I would take a fit giggs over bloody nani every day of the week.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:38 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
at the same time ..
yeah.....

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:40 PM
chorleyred

you probably said the same about keane.

nobody is slagging anybody, but to stay competetive you need to use your head not your heart

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:43 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
He is still a very very good player who adds to the side
He is but he was still terrible yesterday.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:45 PM
1MUFC

I don’t give a toss, Giggs can’t play every game no, but when he does play and is on form there is no one like him, no he doesnt fly past everyone anymore but he still adds a lot to the side. Giggs has been an unbelievable player for the club and deserves more respect than some give him.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:52 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
I don’t give a toss, Giggs can’t play every game no, but when he does play and is on form there is no one like him, no he doesnt fly past everyone anymore but he still adds a lot to the side. Giggs has been an unbelievable player for the club and deserves more respect than some give him.
Yeah I agree but it doesn't change the fact he had a poor game yesterday.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Yeah I agree but it doesn't change the fact he had a poor game yesterday.
everyone has poor games, doesnt mean you need to start saying 'this is the end' etc, its not the end.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:55 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
everyone has poor games, doesnt mean you need to start saying 'this is the end' etc, its not the end.
I didnt say this was the end? I truly hopes he beats Charlton's record.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

The best move of the entire game was the link up between Giggs and Rooney - pure class.

Excellent tactical scheming from United that brought us 3 gilt-edged chances and a few half chances, whilst cutting Arsenal down to desperation tactics on their own pitch. In fairness, they were good enough to find a way to score against us.

Pity about the scrambled goal at the end, and Vidic just getting done for the pull back to Fabregas.

Fair enough result I suppose, but we threw it away with those two soft goals.

Unread 04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
I didnt say this was the end? I truly hopes he beats Charlton's record.
alright, just lay off giggs or i will beat you with a stick.
Closed Thread