taff

Default Re: swap carrick +£xm

some pogs

Unread 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You can play that game with certain other teams to make *us* look good, of course......

I assume you are aware of that
haven't i told you before, don't confuse them

Unread 01-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You can play that game with certain other teams to make *us* look good, of course......

I assume you are aware of that
I'm not attempting to make anyone "look good". Bolton are pretty crap. Michael Carrick is also pretty crap. That is all.

And throb can go suck a dick.

Unread 01-04-2011, 07:08 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I think Carrick will come good again
Again?

Unread 01-04-2011, 07:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Again?
Yes, again. He actually used to be quite good, just in case anybody here was in a coma circa 2006-09

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:12 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Again?
He was instrumental in us winning 3 titles on the trot. He seemed to lose all confidence after Rome 2009.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:20 PM
borsuk

hardly been his best season but carrick hasn't been anything like as bad as he's painted on here. a lot of it has just been reflexive slagging off of this year's whipping boy imo, even when there have been far worse performers on the pitch. pretty much the same as the slagging off of park, o'shea etc in the past.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
hardly been his best season but carrick hasn't been anything like as bad as he's painted on here. a lot of it has just been reflexive slagging off of this year's whipping boy imo, even when there have been far worse performers on the pitch. pretty much the same as the slagging off of park, o'shea etc in the past.
Exactly. A few games where Carrick stood up and was counted are WBA away at 1-1, Bolton last week when we went down to 10 men and yesterday, I thought Carrick showed more impetus, less fear and more intensity all round.

All those games has something in common, which was we had virtually nothing to lose in all of them.

He's a tough case, because he's obviously got talent but he's scared and it's usually when we have nothing to lose he plays well. When it's tight and we don't want to concede, he retreats into his shell and passes sideways and backwards.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Withers

Quote:
I disagree.

I haven't rated him for the majority of his United career and pretty much every United fan I meet in real life says exactly the same. However there isn't a hundred people sat in the pub about to question their credentials for daring say it, so they just say what they think.

He looked ok'ish in my eyes because he had a defence of Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Brown behind him who were that good they rarely needed shielding. He had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez infront if him and Giggs, Scholes, Fletcher and occasionally Hargreaves alongside him.

He was one of the lesat important cogs in a very good team imo.

Now he doesn't have as good as players around him he is being exposed.

However on here he was lauded, maybe people genuinely rated him I don't know.

However even on here people now have to accept how he is playing and because you can now say it without the "footballing experts" looking down their nose at you a lot more people are now prepared to say what they have always secretly thought.

Maybe.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:40 PM
borsuk

i've always said what i think about carrick. when he's good i said so, when he was shit i said so. this year he's had a fair few shit games but nothing like as bad as he's been painted.

take yesterday. there's plenty slagging him and gibson off right through the first half when we were dominating the midfield but the defenders £#%&!ed up and the forwards weren't getting on the end of numerous beautiful balls into the box. a lot of it is just reflexive these days. o'shea gets the same, it's rarely related to anything that he does or doesn't do on the field.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
wonky no

Quote:
i've always said what i think about carrick. when he's good i said so, when he was shit i said so. this year he's had a fair few shit games but nothing like as bad as he's been painted.

take yesterday. there's plenty slagging him and gibson off right through the first half when we were dominating the midfield but the defenders £#%&!ed up and the forwards weren't getting on the end of numerous beautiful balls into the box. a lot of it is just reflexive these days. o'shea gets the same, it's rarely related to anything that he does or doesn't do on the field.
sense pixelated, my dear chap.
Closed Thread