Good read

Unread 03-05-2023, 12:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

About time tbh.

Jimmy

Unread 03-05-2023, 12:52 PM
Denis Irwell

Great to see

Jimmy. One of many unsung giants in Uniteds history, but he was top shelf.

Unread 03-05-2023, 01:15 PM
wiganste

Predictably, the overseas reds on twitter have ruined the thread started by the official account about this statue

Unread 03-05-2023, 01:43 PM
Seamus

im going down. I remember going when Busby had his unveiled, no social media for the likes gang then

Unread 03-05-2023, 02:27 PM
puressence

Will be seeing Wayne later his books are absolutely phenomenal. Be great to catch up with Paul and Steve jimmys grandsons and the dad Nick. Great people. Oh and Stoney 🤣🤣🤣

Unread 03-05-2023, 02:58 PM
Fat Al

His book was the first football book I ever read. I'll have to dig it out & re-read it, it's been so long.

The biggest revelation in the book is that immediately after Munich, the only English clubs to approach United with the offer to loan them players were Notts Forest & Liverpool.

Real Madrid offered United Di Stefano on loan for a season but the bastard FA blocked it.

Unread 03-05-2023, 03:17 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
His book was the first football book I ever read. I'll have to dig it out & re-read it, it's been so long.

The biggest revelation in the book is that immediately after Munich, the only English clubs to approach United with the offer to loan them players were Notts Forest & Liverpool.

Real Madrid offered United Di Stefano on loan for a season but the bastard FA blocked it.
Bishop Auckland?

"these bastards did this in the war...that in the war...to us...to your grandparents...you go out there and remember what they are" Big Jimmy

Unread 03-05-2023, 07:53 PM
puressence

Amazing day truly brilliant. Pics on Instagram fb twitter.

Unread 03-05-2023, 08:17 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Spoke to stoney earlier

He’s put the 2 programmes on eBay

Unread 03-05-2023, 08:34 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
spoke to stoney earlier

he’s put the 2 programmes on ebay
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 03-05-2023, 09:50 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Albert

Gill and Edwards - world class mithering

Unread 03-05-2023, 10:57 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No idea who Wayne is, but that was a belting read.

Unread 04-05-2023, 07:37 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
No idea who Wayne is, but that was a belting read.
has written many utd books top lad brilliant writer

Unread 04-05-2023, 08:29 AM
Seamus

Thumbs up

Top man Pure, I was trying to finish up at work and take my youngest was waiting for me. I got there and it was deserted but fair play to Pure he waiting for me on Warwick road with a programme for me and my lad, I am not to lie but he saved the day for me.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea on here but he showed a bit of class hanging around so he could sort me and the boy out.

Unread 04-05-2023, 08:45 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Top man Pure, I was trying to finish up at work and take my youngest was waiting for me. I got there and it was deserted but fair play to Pure he waiting for me on Warwick road with a programme for me and my lad, I am not to lie but he saved the day for me.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea on here but he showed a bit of class hanging around so he could sort me and the boy out.
lovely to see you and sandy pal

Unread 04-05-2023, 11:14 AM
Seamus

reds in the hood
Closed Thread