Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Anyway, Jadon Sancho...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...n-utd-22379875

Get the feeling that if we get Sancho, the other improvements we need will have to wait another year.

Oh well, maybe Chong will have a breakout season and challenge for the first team...
We've shown in the last few summers that there's around £50-£100m available, without sales, so yeah, I'd say so.

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:54 PM
doudou

The chances that John £#%&!ing Cross in the Mirror has an inside line to management at Borussia Dortmund

"Ja Hans I reckon Yadon iz wort neunuzig Millionen aber Crossie he say hundertzwanzig"

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:59 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Anyway, Jadon Sancho...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...n-utd-22379875

Get the feeling that if we get Sancho, the other improvements we need will have to wait another year.

Oh well, maybe Chong will have a breakout season and challenge for the first team...
It's just posturing ffs. Happens every single year.

Unread 20-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Shaw is bang average.

If we didn't have so many other weaknesses, two new fullbacks would be a priority.
Correct. He survives the next couple of windows based on more pressing needs elsewhere.

Unread 20-07-2020, 02:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Correct. He survives the next couple of windows based on more pressing needs elsewhere.
Which is what I said at the moment he’s the bast option at LB.

Unread 20-07-2020, 03:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Which is what I said at the moment he’s the bast option at LB.
Williams upside is far greater however. Shaw is what Shaw is; what’s he been here now, six years? I think that’s long enough to know.

Unread 20-07-2020, 03:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Williams upside is far greater however. Shaw is what Shaw is; what’s he been here now, six years? I think that’s long enough to know.
If Williams is good enough it won’t be long until he ousts Shaw regularly..

Unread 21-07-2020, 11:42 AM
utd99

Quote:
If Williams is good enough it won’t be long until he ousts Shaw regularly..
Long term we definitely, definitely need an upgrade on Shaw. Whether that upgrade is in the market or Williams I don’t know, but Ole needs to pick one of those options. Full backs are so vital in the modern game and Shaw isn’t up to it.

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

We arent going to sign sancho are we.

Chelsea seem to be looking ahead whilst we dither and claim covid has hurt our ability to buy.

Havertz is a steal at 70 million considering we paid 80 for maguire and 50 million for AWB

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:31 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Chelsea seem to be looking ahead whilst we dither and claim covid has hurt our ability to buy.

Havertz is a steal at 70 million considering we paid 80 for maguire and 50 million for AWB
Think that fee is well on the way to being justified tbh

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:32 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Based on?

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Based on?
Dortmund wanting £100m+ and United wanting you spend £7.50+VAT?

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:36 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Think that fee is well on the way to being justified tbh
Big shout that

Defensively he’s great one v one defending (although not post lockdown) however he’s positional defending needs a lot of work

However it’s on the ball that really worries me
Looks so awkward and uncomfortable whenever he’s on the ball and that’s if he actually traps the ball in the first place
Ultimately I think it will prove too big a weakness and in the next year or two he’ll have to be upgraded

Luckily we might have the answer already at the club in Ethan Laird

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Dortmund wanting £100m+ and United wanting you spend £7.50+VAT?
You know it'll come to a meet in the middle. Will be about 75m plus add ons imo

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
You know it'll come to a meet in the middle. Will be about 75m plus add ons imo
Will depend on whether he’s prepared to force it imo. If he’s happy to stay in Germany for another season they’ll hang on.

Unread 21-07-2020, 07:02 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Will depend on whether he’s prepared to force it imo. If he’s happy to stay in Germany for another season they’ll hang on.
Not sure I like the idea of getting your targets to force moves either. Wont exactly endear the club to them and 3 years down the line if they want to move they'll have no issue doing the same again. Might be worth doing once for a top top player, but not BAU.

Unread 21-07-2020, 07:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not sure I like the idea of getting your targets to force moves either. Wont exactly endear the club to them and 3 years down the line if they want to move they'll have no issue doing the same again. Might be worth doing once for a top top player, but not BAU.
Yep. Ideally you want to be a club that others want to do business with.

Unread 22-07-2020, 09:02 AM
MUFC One Love

If United don't do much business then they must be absolutely skint. Now is the time to get a few more in. We are on the up and need to make the most of it.

Personally I think they will make a few good signings. They seem to be going for the right players and characters.

I can see us signing Sancho.

Unread 22-07-2020, 09:03 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If United don't do much business then they must be absolutely skint. Now is the time to get a few more in. We are on the up and need to make the most of it.

Personally I think they will make a few good signings. They seem to be going for the right players and characters.

I can see us signing Sancho.
Think it's all going to be dependent on Champions League qualification. Miss out then purse strings are tightened, get in the top four and we will have to improve.

Unread 22-07-2020, 09:06 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Think it's all going to be dependent on Champions League qualification. Miss out then purse strings are tightened, get in the top four and we will have to improve.
Yeah, that will play a part. If they get into the CL they will also be under more pressure to spend.
Closed Thread