LVG 9 19.57%
Mourinho 16 34.78%
Ole 20 43.48%
Potter 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:11 PM
Finport Red

Football You have to bring one manager back

You’ve just got rid of ETH, so now you have to bring in a new manager. Only problem is, there aren’t any available except Potter or any of United’s managers since Fergie retired. Except Giggs.

You’ve got our current squad, the new part owners and the guy who hands out the inhalers all on your side.

Who are you voting for?

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:15 PM
Vedder

Ole

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:15 PM
est.1878

Are we getting them at "now" or "then"?

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:16 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
You’ve just got rid of ETH, so now you have to bring in a new manager. Only problem is, there aren’t any available except Potter or any of United’s managers since Fergie retired. Except Giggs.

You’ve got our current squad, the new part owners and the guy who hands out the inhalers all on your side.

Who are you voting for?
Statistically Maureen

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:16 PM
Dacter

Van Gaal.

It was largely £#%&!ing dull but at least we didn’t spend 90 minutes waving the opposition through our midfield.

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:18 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Are we getting them at "now" or "then"?
Unless you’ve found an old and oddly modified De Lorean in your shed, now.

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:19 PM
est.1878

Van gaal is now 72. I'd have him at "then" but not now.

Agree with armchair Ole in as caretaker would work but under no circumstances give a contract.

Feels a bit out of body experience considering these options

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:20 PM
pedr0

LVG was by far the most harshly treated of our managers.

if we'd persisted with him for a couple more years and then hired a younger coach with a similar approach/principles, I think we'd be in a much better position right now.

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:28 PM
Finport Red

For me, it would have to be mourinho, regardless of the reputation.

While I believe we only got rid of LVG because Jose became available, and Louis didn’t deserve to be shafted the way he was, I also think that we basically did the same thing with mourinho.

At the point the club should have been giving him a healthy transfer budget for us to go the next step after coming second in the league, they treated him like dirt, didn’t get him the players he wanted and then sided with the lazy @#%&!s in our team who didn’t like training, playing, coaching or shouty words, leaving ETH to try and get rid of some of them while attempting to build a decent team while they’re still here.

If the club had done the right thing back then, we’d have done very well I reckon.

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:34 PM
suedeshoes

Carrick.

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
For me, it would have to be mourinho, regardless of the reputation.

While I believe we only got rid of LVG because Jose became available, and Louis didn’t deserve to be shafted the way he was, I also think that we basically did the same thing with mourinho.

At the point the club should have been giving him a healthy transfer budget for us to go the next step after coming second in the league, they treated him like dirt, didn’t get him the players he wanted and then sided with the lazy @#%&!s in our team who didn’t like training, playing, coaching or shouty words, leaving ETH to try and get rid of some of them while attempting to build a decent team while they’re still here.

If the club had done the right thing back then, we’d have done very well I reckon.
Mad we had the most successful manager in the game at the time, and then the CEO of manchester united very publicly backed Martial, Pogba and Shaw over him.

And posters on here (dunk) approved with that course of action.

Madness.

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Carrick.
You know

Unread 16-04-2024, 09:01 PM
Sparky***

Mourinho with a decent side would rip up this league. The managers are all idiots who play stupid naive football.

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:08 PM
jem

there is no time at which mourinho would have been or will ever be right for united. we should have had king louis after fergie and not the moyeswight. at some point, lvg would have worked out that the point of the game is to score.

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:08 PM
avocado

Quote:
Carrick.
This

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:10 PM
Neo

Football

King Louis playing his possession football out the back with Onana, Martinez, Varane and L-Sheezy, with the experience of Casemiro in midfield, the workrate of Bruno, and the youthful attacking zest of Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund under his masterful tutelage.

He'd work wonders at United, as he would have done if that #@&%! Woodward wasn't involved with the club.

Top Reds love LvG.

Unread 17-04-2024, 02:53 AM
Chris Quayd

Surely the correct answer is any of them provided they get enough time?

Unread 17-04-2024, 09:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Surely the correct answer is any of them provided they get enough time?
what is "enough time" for mourinho? he doesn't do enough time. soz.

Unread 17-04-2024, 12:51 PM
qldclone

Ralf, and this time let him get rid of wasters, 1 year of him to help restructure and then get someone younger and progressive in to take us forward.

Unread 17-04-2024, 12:54 PM
silv

Quote:
Carrick.
If have picked that if it was an option