United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-09-2022, 03:31 AM
Patty_b

Default Leicester vs Manchester United: Official Matchday Thread - 1st September @ 8pm

[SIZE="4"]Man United - Last 4 games: Southampton - Liverpool - Brentford - Brighton

[SIZE="4"] Leicester - Last 4 games:
Chelsea - Southampton - Arsenal - Brentford

[SIZE="4"]Team News:

Man United:
Lindelof possibly fit enough to feature. Martial out along with Phil Jones, Facundo Pellistri, Axel Tuanzebe and Brandon Williams.

Casemiro fit and ready to make his first start, Antony will not be available to make his debut.

Leicester:
James Maddison facing fitness test after missing the Chelsea game, Ricardo Pereira and Bertrand out injured.

[SIZE="4"]Previous Meeting:

[SIZE="4"]Match Tit Bits

Leicester are unbeaten in their last four league games against us (W2 D2), their longest since a 9 game run between 1972 and 1977.

We lost the last League meeting with Leicester at the King Power Stadium 4-2 last season – we've not lost consecutive away league games against Leicester since April 1976.

We've scored in each of the last 26 League games against Leicester – only against Fulham (27 between 1964 and 2009) and Arsenal (30 between 1953 and 1968) have we had longer scoring streaks.

We have won 10 of their 17 Premier League games played on a Thursday (59%), the best win rate of all teams to have played more than five games on that day.

Leicester have gone ahead in each of their first two home Premier League games this season, but failed to win either game (drew with Brentford, lost to Southampton). The only team to go ahead but not win any of their first three home Premier League games in a season was Aston Villa in 1992-93.

[SIZE="4"]vBet Thread

Unread 01-09-2022, 04:29 AM
Joe Biden

Is it confirmed Phil Jones is out

Unread 01-09-2022, 07:10 AM
NedKelly

Disappointed that Tony is out. I expect Ronnie and Cass to start. Would love to see Antony make an appearance too.

0-2 United

Unread 01-09-2022, 07:32 AM
Hyman_Roth

Weirdly nervous about this one. We should do it but…

We need to find some goals from somewhere ie unlikely from either Elanga or Rashford. Hopefully someone will post this when both of them score.

2-1 united.

Unread 01-09-2022, 07:39 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Weirdly nervous about this one. We should do it but…

We need to find some goals from somewhere ie unlikely from either Elanga or Rashford. Hopefully someone will post this when both of them score.

2-1 united.
I think Ronaldo will start. Do we need a high press against these chumps?

Unread 01-09-2022, 07:49 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I think Ronaldo will start. Do we need a high press against these chumps?
Probs. Again, not confident in the goals side of things. Hopefully with a functioning midfield behind him, we will find a way. And hopefully Bruno doesn’t go to shit because Ronnie is playing as Bruno’s as likely as anyone to notch.

May update through the day. I normally start off confident and become less so as the day goes on before becoming suicidal when I see the team sheet.

This might be the day it goes the other way

Unread 01-09-2022, 07:54 AM
Patty_b

#@&%!ed up and can't edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Man United:
Lindelof possibly fit enough to feature. Martial out along with Phil Jones, Facundo Pellistri, Axel Tuanzebe and Brandon Williams.

Casemiro fit and ready to make his first start, Antony WILL NOT BE available to make his debut.

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:04 AM
Stickman

They need to win to leap Villa don't they.

2-2

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Was gonna say, Antony hasn’t even been confirmed yet.

Martial out again? Cool! So he’s been fit for one game all season. No way we can rely on this guy.

I reckon we might see bruno or Eriksen pushed a little further forward with Casemiro coming in. Don’t mess with that backline.

DDG

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Malacia

The Scottish Player
Casemiro
Eriksen

Bruno
Sancho
Rashford

1-1.

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:05 AM
Seamus

I secured a ticket last night so if you want me to go live like a roving reporter. Just ask. I could set up an interview & Q&A with WiganSte

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:11 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I secured a ticket last night so if you want me to go live like a roving reporter. Just ask. I could set up an interview & Q&A with WiganSte
I would love this, Seamus.

Sad that Antony won’t be making a cameo as I think he’ll only need 10 minutes to ensure Elanga never plays for us again.

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:24 AM
believe

Tough game. Already anxious about reading the thread tomorrow morning watching the replay.

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:42 AM
Sparky***

Leicester have looked alright going forward from what i've seen so far. But they're horrendous at the back.

Should be interesting. 2-2

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:48 AM
Peter13

Manchester United predicted XI: De Gea; Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Malacia; Casemiro, Eriksen; Rashford, Fernandes, Sancho; Ronaldo.

Unread 01-09-2022, 08:51 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter13
Manchester United predicted XI: De Gea; Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Malacia; Casemiro, Eriksen; Rashford, Fernandes, Sancho; Ronaldo.
Brave prediction dropping the Scottish player Pete

Unread 01-09-2022, 09:23 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I would love this, Seamus.

Sad that Antony won’t be making a cameo as I think he’ll only need 10 minutes to ensure Elanga never plays for us again.
Ok, tune in at 7.15 for pitch side analysis of the 2 line ups

Unread 01-09-2022, 09:29 AM
Danoli

We dropped 5 points against this lot last season

Unread 01-09-2022, 09:32 AM
sweetleftfoot

I don't think he will start Ronaldo away from home. You'd expect to counter more away from home, so pace will start.

New to Leicester bro?

Unread 01-09-2022, 09:43 AM
Dasilvatwins

Leicester bottom of the table, provided we start strong we should be ok. Casemiro to start the back 4 gets a 3 consecutive game, spine looking better already.

The worry is the attack, can’t just rely on Bruno and Sancho to create and score.

Dave

Dalot. Varane Martinez malacia
Casemiro. The Scottish Player

Sancho. Bruno. Eriksen
Rashford

Edit only just realised if you type in Mc-tominay it auto changes it to the Scottish player I thought there was just a collective movement of calling him the Scottish player

Unread 01-09-2022, 09:51 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Leicester bottom of the table, provided we start strong we should be ok. Casemiro to start the back 4 gets a 3 consecutive game, spine looking better already.

The worry is the attack, can’t just rely on Bruno and Sancho to create and score.

Dave

Dalot. Varane Martinez malacia
Casemiro. The Scottish Player

Sancho. Bruno. Eriksen
Rashford

Edit only just realised if you type in Mc-tominay it auto changes it to the Scottish player I thought there was just a collective movement of calling him the Scottish player
Should be a bannable offence, side stepping it like that.