United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2022, 02:35 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Just interested what you've seen on Ralf's CV that's made you feel he's a better fit for the job?
They would never hired Busby. Would have been amongst the fans calling for his sacking before winning the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Conte was my choice.
Says it all.

Unread 08-01-2022, 02:44 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Says it all.
What does it say?

Unread 08-01-2022, 03:31 PM
tatty

Quote:

So ralf isn't a good choice for the club?

Not sure I’ve said that either.

If that is a question you’d like me to answer then my response would be ‘I don’t know’.

I do know Ole should never have been given the managers job and I don’t subscribe to the theory that fans should be giving blind loyalty.

I wanted Conte but if it clearly wasn’t working out then I’d want him sacked.

We aren’t some sentimental fairground where we can wax lyrical about old glories whilst wiping a tear from our eye.

I want to win and if there is anything standing in the way of that it should be removed, whoever or whatever it is.

Unread 08-01-2022, 03:35 PM
silv

Quote:
Now now, no need to make things up just because our shit @#%&!s are now throwing Ralf under the bus as they did Ole.

I'm sure one day you'll look back on your demented personal campaign and cringe.

Just interested what you've seen on Ralf's CV that's made you feel he's a better fit for the job?
He’s not got the job though has he, he’s interim manager helping us find a full time manager, sorting out the absolute mess that Ole helped create. Are you forgetting the shame of losing 5-0 to Liverpool, getting pasted by city and then Watford?

Unread 08-01-2022, 03:52 PM
AK14

Quote:

If that is a question you’d like me to answer then my response would be ‘I don’t know’.

I do know Ole should never have been given the managers job and I don’t subscribe to the theory that fans should be giving blind loyalty.

We aren’t some sentimental fairground where we can wax lyrical about old glories whilst wiping a tear from our eye.

I want to win and if there is anything standing in the way of that it should be removed, whoever or whatever it is.
Post.

Unread 08-01-2022, 04:16 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

It's the players tatty. Which is why complaining about a managers cv is futile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He’s not got the job though has he, he’s interim manager helping us find a full time manager, sorting out the absolute mess that Ole helped create. Are you forgetting the shame of losing 5-0 to Liverpool, getting pasted by city and then Watford?
He's currently our manager. A managers cv doesn't mean much to me, but just interested what tatty thinks considering the cv of our current manager isn't exactly glittering.

And the shambles that was the Wolves defeat is much fresher in my mind than results earlier this season.

Unread 08-01-2022, 04:20 PM
tatty

The players behaviour comes from the weakness of the managers, and the managers weakness comes from the owners priorities.

We could bin every player at the club and within a couple of years we would be in the same position.

A managers word needs to be law, and players need to believe they are at the club only on performance…not because the owners won’t sanction losing them on free transfers.

The Glazers have tipped the balance of power way towards the players which makes any managers job pretty much impossible.

Unread 08-01-2022, 04:41 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
I like you Saffers but you will never understand .You represent the triumph of the Spectacle.Google Guy Debord for bg

You are divorced tfrom my experience as a United fan ,from euro champs 68 to the 2nd division to the Fergoz years to the present toxic internet witchunting and bedwetting . I understand that the world has moved on but like a lot of shit it's not for the better except for those with snouts in the trough

Following utd was always a laugh even through the darkest days.It no longer is. Yet another social media drive by statistic. The total victory of commodification
Very much this. Commodity 'footy' with it's new breed of fan/audience/consumer is such a far cry from the very fundamentals that made the game great and your team so important.

The commodification and the accompanying ownership and financial structures, marketing systems and the rest of the BS really do make the whole thing a pukefest in the main. I slung match going in 2000 and could quite easily see myself slinging the whole thing.

Unread 08-01-2022, 07:46 PM
Bion

Quote:
The players behaviour comes from the weakness of the managers, and the managers weakness comes from the owners priorities.

We could bin every player at the club and within a couple of years we would be in the same position.

A managers word needs to be law, and players need to believe they are at the club only on performance…not because the owners won’t sanction losing them on free transfers.

The Glazers have tipped the balance of power way towards the players which makes any managers job pretty much impossible.
If the day came that the manager of Manchester United was controlled by the players—in other words, if the players decided how the training should be, what days they should have off, what the discipline should be, and what the tactics should be—then Manchester United would not be the Manchester United we know.

Before I came to United, I told myself I wasn’t going to allow anyone to be stronger than I was. Your personality has to be bigger than theirs. That is vital.
There are occasions when you have to ask yourself whether certain players are affecting the dressing-room atmosphere, the performance of the team, and your control of the players and staff. If they are, you have to cut the cord. There is absolutely no other way. It doesn’t matter if the person is the best player in the world. The long-term view of the club is more important than any individual, and the manager has to be the most important one in the club.

"Never, ever cede control"

Sir Alex Ferguson
Harvard
Business
Review

Unread 08-01-2022, 08:14 PM
tatty

I'm glad Alex has taken some vital lessons away from this thread.

Unread 08-01-2022, 09:36 PM
Sapien

The way Tuchel handled the Lukaku situation was impressive

Unread 08-01-2022, 09:47 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The more you look at it, the more clear it becomes that he did a fantastic job tbh.

Knitted together a dressing room dying to be a problem, got them to 4 semis and a European final and finished 2nd and 3rd and had them all playing for him for all but the last month.

Question has to be, what finally caused the c***s to revert to type?
He didn't do a fantastic job at all. Stop kidding yourself.

Unread 08-01-2022, 09:59 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
He didn't do a fantastic job at all. Stop kidding yourself.
Well done lads, you've encouraged the return of this joyless #@&%!

Unread 08-01-2022, 10:02 PM
Coracao

Fantastic job

Unread 08-01-2022, 10:23 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
The way Tuchel handled the Lukaku situation was impressive
Signing him was an unimpressive eye for a player in the first place.

Unread 08-01-2022, 11:56 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Signing him was an unimpressive eye for a player in the first place.
Yes, that's a fair point too.

Unread 09-01-2022, 01:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
If the day came that the manager of Manchester United was controlled by the players—in other words, if the players decided how the training should be, what days they should have off, what the discipline should be, and what the tactics should be—then Manchester United would not be the Manchester United we know.

Before I came to United, I told myself I wasn’t going to allow anyone to be stronger than I was. Your personality has to be bigger than theirs. That is vital.
There are occasions when you have to ask yourself whether certain players are affecting the dressing-room atmosphere, the performance of the team, and your control of the players and staff. If they are, you have to cut the cord. There is absolutely no other way. It doesn’t matter if the person is the best player in the world. The long-term view of the club is more important than any individual, and the manager has to be the most important one in the club.

"Never, ever cede control"

Sir Alex Ferguson
Harvard
Business
Review
That should be permanently nailed up on the wall of the managers office

It does necessitate sound judgment, of course

Unread 09-01-2022, 01:40 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
That should be permanently nailed up on the wall of the managers office

It does necessitate sound judgment, of course
I don’t think it’s the managers who need telling.

It’s also easy for a manager like fergie to say, as he’s worth more financially than any player. He also said in an earlier book that a manager has no power until they win the league.

Mourinho faced this problem with pogba. The biggest financial asset won. Ole faced this problem and handled it differently. The next manager will face this problem. Nothing will change until those above the manager are prepared to let football decisions dictate. Maybe it’s finally got through. Though if they’re offering pogba a huge new contract, clearly it hasn’t.

Unread 09-01-2022, 01:42 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Well done lads, you've encouraged the return of this joyless #@&%!

Unread 09-01-2022, 02:01 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I don’t think it’s the managers who need telling.

It’s also easy for a manager like fergie to say, as he’s worth more financially than any player. He also said in an earlier book that a manager has no power until they win the league.

Mourinho faced this problem with pogba. The biggest financial asset won. Ole faced this problem and handled it differently. The next manager will face this problem. Nothing will change until those above the manager are prepared to let football decisions dictate. Maybe it’s finally got through. Though if they’re offering pogba a huge new contract, clearly it hasn’t.

Absoluteness all round.
Closed Thread