United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2021, 09:59 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Whoever is appointed I’m not falling for the hope again.

Moyes and Ole were obvious disasters before they were even appointed.

JM and LvG I genuinely thought would sort us out even if the football wouldn’t be great.

We’ve actually had a succession of managerial disasters but there does come a point where you have to think it isn’t them.
Too many players who think they've made it (and actually know they've made it, financially at least, the second they sign or re-sign for United, as the case may be, for tens of millions of pounds...). Too much money and not enough balls to risk giving it their all on the pitch; too many trophies in the cabinet already and not enough heart to go out and win some more.

Reminds me of creativity: Cake is its enemy, starvation feeds it.

Unread 20-11-2021, 09:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

How can they not make a decision yet on Ole

Ole was waving goodbye to the fans at the end of the game

Even Ole thought “surely they’re going to sack me after that”

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:00 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I sometimes bring them home again?
Fair dos

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
You’re wrong.

But even if you were right, the point I’m making is they haven’t got a £#%&!ing clue what they’re doing and the guff of “the United way” is %@#$&!s to them and they’d quickly go back on it at this point.
Oh no, absolutely no idea what they’re doing. Only Fergie with any knowledge of the game, it’s a recipe for disaster. They should’ve had a constantly moving replacement plan for Ole all the way through. This situation should be a formality.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
How can they not make a decision yet on Ole

Ole was waving goodbye to the fans at the end of the game

Even Ole thought “surely they’re going to sack me after that”
Because they haven’t got a clue who to go with next.

They’d be reluctant to buy a manager out of a contract after paying to sack Ole and the coaches and with no obvious choice currently out of work they haven’t got a scooby.

They’ll be begging Zidane to come because that’s all they’ll have.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:05 PM
tatty

I’m starting to think it might be Keane until the end of the season.

Put a couple of the other lads in as coaches.

I can’t see a downside…well I can but only for the players.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I’m starting to think it might be Keane until the end of the season.

Put a couple of the other lads in as coaches.

I can’t see a downside…well I can but only for the players.
Imagine.

They wouldn’t have the bottle to give it to him.

He’d be calling Woodward and Arnold a @#%&! on live tv within an hour of being here

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:07 PM
dunk

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:08 PM
tatty

How? How can that be?

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:08 PM
silv

The owners don’t have a clue and don’t give a £#%&!

£#%&!ers

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:11 PM
dunk

Been saying it for weeks; full package for Ole and his team, £10-15m? Then to actually get a replacement another £5-10m a year plus maybe a release fee, then their team too, committing to what, another £15-20m minimum? Plus that manager will want a transfer budget etc.. and that’s without an interim and having to do it all again in the summer they’ll do anything to avoid it. It’s not in the budget.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:12 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Conte wasn’t ever the man. He’s a @#%&! and the last thing United need ffs.

Stopped reading there tbh.

We have the worst midfield options in the top half of the PL, and probably beyond. It’s not even up for debate.
That just made Tom Cleverly look like Michel Platini.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That just made Tom Cleverly look like Michel Platini.
And a bloke called Loser.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Been saying it for weeks; full package for Ole and his team, £10-15m? Then to actually get a replacement another £5-10m a year plus maybe a release fee, then their team too, committing to what, another £15-20m minimum? Plus that manager will want a transfer budget etc.. and that’s without an interim and having to do it all again in the summer they’ll do anything to avoid it. It’s not in the budget.
Yep. They seem hell bent on sticking with this for as long as possible.

It’s remarkably short-sighted. Like staring at your house on fire and trying to figure out how much the water will cost.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Just a few weeks ago you were favourably comparing Ole to Klopp.

Show some decorum man and take a backseat. Trying to attack the likes of Grinchy when he's been right about your lot since day one....

You've got some nerve. No shame.
Innit. it's only a couple of weeks ago dunk was saying Ole needed 5 years.

He must feel like a right idiot.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:16 PM
Pop

Footage just in of Utd's negotiators trying to convince Ole to walk

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:19 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Just a few weeks ago you were favourably comparing Ole to Klopp.

Show some decorum man and take a backseat. Trying to attack the likes of Grinchy when he's been right about your lot since day one....

You've got some nerve. No shame.
Sometimes I think you get more pleasure from having a pop at someone on here than an (admittedly unlikely, at the moment) stomping United win. I sincerely hope you have a real, happy, life somewhere.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:24 PM
dunk

Got absolutely no regrets. Ole deserved a chance, he’s had his chance and I’d have given anything for it to work, and finishing 2nd and having a good window could only breed optimism within any proper United fan.

It’s gone horribly wrong, it’s awful and sad, but I’d much rather have been behind Ole the whole way than been one of these constant Ole out @#%&!s.

Time to go. Truth is the time probably passed, but any decent red hoped it could work.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:29 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Sometimes I think you get more pleasure from having a pop at someone on here than an (admittedly unlikely, at the moment) stomping United win. I sincerely hope you have a real, happy, life somewhere.
You think wrong.

Thank you for worrying about me though. I'm sure you meant it sincerely and not at all in a snidey @#%&! way.

Unread 20-11-2021, 10:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Got absolutely no regrets. Ole deserved a chance, he’s had his chance and I’d have given anything for it to work, and finishing 2nd and having a good window could only breed optimism within any proper United fan.

It’s gone horribly wrong, it’s awful and sad, but I’d much rather have been behind Ole the whole way than been one of these constant Ole out @#%&!s.

Time to go. Truth is the time probably passed, but any decent red hoped it could work.
Well said, Dunk.

He lifted us and I was happy to see him get the job. He got more slack than a none ex-player would have, but so what? Having an ex player who ‘gets us’ doing well is pretty much the dream, so I’m glad we gave him that chance.

But where we are now is embarrassing. As a club, for him, the players and how we’re behaving as a club. The only thing that can change is the manager and that’s always the case. He deserves to leave with a degree of dignity and club has to show some balls and stop penny pinching. They talk a big game, but the fact he’s still here is downright embarrassing now,

What was the point of this meeting if not to sack him??
Closed Thread