United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:58 AM
ScarFace

Let me just tell you where i am before you speak to the others...........i like it, the amount you're asking me to invest isnt what im looking for so im going to make you an offer of half the amount you want.

So to make it clear, i do want to invest but only half the money, 4mil.

Thank you.

Unread 23-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Whip Hubley

thought we were buying torres for 25m

Unread 23-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Are we lowering our standards? I think we are.

We're just desperate to see players better than Fletcher, O'Shea, Silvestre, Richardson and to a lesser extent Smith and Park that we are getting excited at the prospect of players that aren't THAT good. We're Mancheser United. We should aim for the top echelon of players...like when we signed Veron. (OK ignore that Veron bit but you see what I mean)
Erm we'll be lucky to get Hargreaves and a 'cheap' striker in the Summer. We'll need to sell before we can buy and I'm kind of sick of hearing folk talk up Torres, Eto'o et al because there's no chance of them coming. Unless Gill has completely changed his personality he told Fergie last Summer it was a no goer and as for the latter - no effin chance whatsoever.

Some folk better get realistic, lower their standards somewhat (after all we're going to fork out near £20million for Hargreaves ffs) and accept the fact that we neither have the cash to go on big spending sprees these days or - to a lesser extent - the pull.

We need 4 players to strengthen the SQUAD in the Summer. Wonder how we're going to manage that?

Unread 23-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Erm we'll be lucky to get Hargreaves and a 'cheap' striker in the Summer. We'll need to sell before we can buy and I'm kind of sick of hearing folk talk up Torres, Eto'o et al because there's no chance of them coming. Unless Gill has completely changed his personality he told Fergie last Summer it was a no goer and as for the latter - no effin chance whatsoever.

Some folk better get realistic, lower their standards somewhat (after all we're going to fork out near £20million for Hargreaves ffs) and accept the fact that we neither have the cash to go on big spending sprees these days or - to a lesser extent - the pull.

We need 4 players to strengthen the SQUAD in the Summer. Wonder how we're going to manage that?

out of the mass fog of the forum emerges someone with a £#%&!ing brain. praise be to allah/christ/mobboss.

Unread 23-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Whalefish

Oh and as for Hargreaves, it could go on all Summaer again:

Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has told Manchester United they are under no pressure to accept a £20m summer bid for Owen Hargreaves.

At least it'll create the impression that we're trying to be active.

Unread 23-03-2007, 01:38 PM
24hr Leavesey

How Hargreave's transfer fee can rise after he's been injured for the most part of the season astounds me.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:01 PM
n48

Cracking impact player. Very quick feet from memory. Good SQUAD buy is true. Not like he doesn't know the Premiership either.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Gibson, Rossi, Foster, Evans, Hargreaves jobs a goodun for me.

Then out with a few (fill in your own names - of players you muppets ) and spend the wonga on Nani/Bale or somesuch.

Scholes has another season, Neville one and a half, Giggs at least two. Problem solved

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:04 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Giggs at least two. Problem solved

You really think so ?

So I'm assuming you think he'll play a fully active role for at least next season ?

I'm of the opinion he's got 2 years left and next season it'll start to wind down.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
You really think so ?

So I'm assuming you think he'll play a fully active role for at least next season ?

I'm of the opinion he's got 2 years left and next season it'll start to wind down.
Yeah maybe so. I'd still say he'll be playing some part this time in 2009 tbh. he seems physically fit and mentally he's sharp as a tac*. Plus he's got the class. Suppose it depends on who else is around by then, but I can't see him going anywhere.

*is that the right sort of tac? Never written that down before

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Let me just tell you where i am before you speak to the others...........i like it, the amount you're asking me to invest isnt what im looking for so im going to make you an offer of half the amount you want.

So to make it clear, i do want to invest but only half the money, 4mil.

Thank you.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
That'd be fine, but it's unlikely he'll give all of them a squad number next season. I'm kind of expecting Rossi to be sold.
Yeah tend to agree, particularly if Sunderland get promoted, maybe.

Can't see why Rossi would be let go unless they just don't rate him.

How's Simpson getting on btw cus not been following very closely lately?

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Whalefish

Simpson's doing ok but it's Evans who really looks like a potential first team Utd defender.

Struggled against Stoke the other week - they had a fairly physical forward up top - but other than that has done extremely well. I like the look of Cathcart too.

Unread 23-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Simpson's doing ok but it's Evans who really looks like a potential first team Utd defender.

Struggled against Stoke the other week - they had a fairly physical forward up top - but other than that has done extremely well. I like the look of Cathcart too.
So Rio's off then?

Unread 23-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
So Rio's off then?
I hope not.

Sorry Lee.

Unread 23-03-2007, 03:08 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
is that the right sort of tac? Never written that down before
Tack. As in thumb tack

Unread 23-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I hope not.

Sorry Lee.
Hopefully Silvestre will be gone to make way for Evans. Just read the Evening News bit on here about our loanees - didn't realise Pique was openly talking about the off.

I would love to see our squad brim full of the best of the youngsters from next season onwards - at least half a dozen of em I reckon. Might even boost Richardson as well. We really have to make damn sure of this year's title to give them their best chance at it, I reckon.

Unread 23-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Whalefish

Recent comments from Pique seem to suggest he's holding fire on any decision until the Summer.

I won't be too pissed off if he does leave though. He looks a very good talent, and has done pretty well in La Liga, but I'm not sure he's cut out for the Premiership. Sadly.

However it would make sense to loan him out for another 12months - at least as a means to boost his value. We'd be lucky to get a couple of million for him at the moment.

Unread 23-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Whalefish

Rhodzy, re Rossi when did that happen? Not seen any reports in the media.

I hope you're right though. Very pleasing if true.

Unread 23-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Rhodzy, re Rossi when did that happen? Not seen any reports in the media.

I hope you're right though. Very pleasing if true.
Heard about it in January on the radio, the big italian clubs wanted him but we weren't interested in selling him at any price.

Whaley you know anything about Palladino and Quaglarella, apparently we are interested in both?
Closed Thread