United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:35 PM
armchair

I cannot overstate how shit the ref was. We got nothing except bookings. It was like Newcastle were playing at home and their crowd had intimidated the ref.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I cannot overstate how shit the ref was. We got nothing except bookings. It was like Newcastle were playing at home and their crowd had intimidated the ref.
ronaldo should have had a pen . the sancho one was nailed on as one. In the both of them, the defender made a challenge for the ball, didnt get anywhere near it, made contact with the attacker, enough contact to put them off from their shot.

poppy

Antony already doing my head in. I like to give players the benefit of the doubt, and it’s still early days, but sell the @#%&!.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

im on about the one he blazed over the bar in the first half. the open goal was clearly a chance
So that's three then if you're literally going off what I'm posting...

2 + Fred's...

Need some more ?

AK14

Quote:
He was awful

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:39 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
So that's three then if you're literally going off what I'm posting...

2 + Fred's...

Need some more ?
in my post i said it wasnt a chance ( first half outside the box he blazer over). but wow, 4 chances for man utd in 90 at OT!

like i said, you can call the other chances, ultimately what ever it was it wasnt good enough for man utd.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
in my post i said it wasnt a chance ( first half outside the box he blazer over). but wow, 4 chances for man utd in 90 at OT!

like i said, you can call the other chances, ultimately what ever it was it wasnt good enough for man utd.

FOUR NOW !!

You're all over the place, have a great evening...

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:41 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I feel like some refs are so self important they come here/to other big clubs and go out of their way to not give any decisions our way. Like they’re intimidated but try and prove they’re not.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A shot doesn’t equal a chance tbh.

Antony hitting the keeper, Rashford’s header and the Fred one are the chances.

A couple of shit balls to an uncoordinated and horribly slow Ronaldo were almost chances.

It’s not enough. Newcastle defended really well though, tbf.
This. Newcastle were really negative. Awful time wasting tactics from the 1st min.

They’re huge too. Gullivers tales type shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Antony already doing my head in. I like to give players the benefit of the doubt, and it’s still early days, but sell the @#%&!.
This. Not a fan either so far.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
This. Newcastle were really negative. Awful time wasting tactics from the 1st min.

They’re huge too. Gullivers tales type shit.

Travels

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:54 PM
AK14

How much would Brentford want for Toney?

Big dippers fan apparently but would be a massive upgrade on the options we’ve got… not that difficult tbf.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:00 PM
Hyman_Roth

Ronaldo slow walking off. Wtaf?

Hope he goes asap

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:06 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
i dont think thats good enough. For manchester united, ok there is no expectation to challenge for the title. but you have to hold higher standards even if youre rebuilding. you cant have room for excuses, the team today should have been good enough to beat newcastle.

sancho , ronaldo are on 300K plus a week. there is absolutely nothing coming from them.

rashford too, seems to be getting goals but cant seem to shake his shitness. That maybe down to ability now rather than form .

our best forward is someone who was on loan to sevilla last season and wasnt good enough to sign permanent for them. They wont sign a CF or one thats good enough in Jan.

Surprised not to see garnacho on in the last 10 mins for sancho.
Absolutely. We can't build around him if we're trying to get back to the top. His finishing isn't very good, and his all-round game doesn't make up for it.

As for Ronaldo, he is close to being done and shouldnt be starting Premier League games any more.

Ragnick was right to target Nkunku in January. Unfortunately he's signed a new contract and will probably end up at Chelsea in the Summer.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
How much would Brentford want for Toney?

Big dippers fan apparently but would be a massive upgrade on the options we’ve got… not that difficult tbf.
£#%&! off. we do not need my little toney.

I know we're not getting haaland (nor would we deserve him with the service he'd get), but..... there are better strikers out there.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
i hate shaw as much as the next guy , thought he was our best player today. Dalot has reverted back to type.

take eriksen out the team and we create £#%&! all.

bring him into the team and nobody can finish

its not sustained, they made them both near the end and #@&%!ed them up. 2 chances across 90 isnt great for manchester united,
That wasn’t the point though. You were equating the work Pope had to with creating chances. Not the same thing.

Antony had a chance in the first half. Ronaldo in the second where he wanted a penalty. Two good chances, two sitters. In a tight game against a team who have lost once and don’t concede a lot. It’s not much to write home about, is it.

It was just generally a bit of a meh game. It was always going to be tight and we were always going to have days like this. Didn’t tell us anything we don’t already know about the squad, but we kept playing the right way and worked hard. That’s an improvement on what we’ve seen.

Ruing missed chances is a far cry from the insipid soul-destroying shite we’ve served up.

Tottenham will present a different challenge. They won’t be as big a bunch of shitbags as Newcastle were. If we can squeak a win out of that, it will have been an excellent response to the City game.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Tottenham will present a different challenge. They won’t be as big a bunch of shitbags as Newcastle were. If we can squeak a win out of that, it will have been an excellent response to the City game.
They are newcastle but with a magnificent forward line.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

I know we're not getting haaland (nor would we deserve him with the service he'd get), but..... there are better strikers out there.
Who you going for pal?

Let’s have some names.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

There are. None of which we'll get in january. Or at all probably.

Our short-termist forward signings in the last few years have honestly bordered on £#%&!ing negligence. All over 30, lucky to get one decent season out of any of them. Absolutely shocking recruitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

We won't be scoring against Spurs. Or chelsea for that matter.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
They are newcastle but with a magnificent forward line.
Not really. They’ve been quite open away from home whenever I’ve seen them. Shipped 3 at Arsenal, 2 at Chelsea. Leicester, Southampton and Fulham have all bagged against them. I think it’ll be a little more open.

What’s pleased me this week is that we’ve got stronger as the games have gone on.

We’re being tested all the time. We made an awful start, then got on a roll. City was too much for us, but we’ve responded well again. Annoying Europa games we’ve come through. Everton scoring early
Didn’t knock us. Won late on the other day. Got better as it went on today.

For me, this season was all about doing the basics well again - hard work, show a bit of character - and seeing an actual plan in place. Apart from the opening two games, we’ve seen that to some degree in every game (city aside). The rest to me just looks like issues with the squad … and they’re not going anywhere for a good few windows yet.

I’ve never once worried that ETH isn’t the right man. We’re on the right track. Or as best we can be under these owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

We won't be scoring against Spurs. Or chelsea for that matter.
I’ll take that bet.

Unread 16-10-2022, 05:37 PM
Jethro

Agree we're on the right track but still so much work to do. Those being given a lifeline are already £#%&!ing it up making the task that bit harder.

No chance we get a forward in January so if we make top 4 it'll be a small miracle.
Closed Thread