Yay 51 42.86%
Nay 68 57.14%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2023, 09:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Our problem is the ground and training ground.

Who has the money to plough money into that other than the ridiculously rich?
What's wrong with the Training ground ...??

INEOS chemicals group turned over 65 billion in 2022

Unread 16-03-2023, 09:23 AM
shenwen

This still going on?

Thought we'd established already that the club is for sale and likely to go to the highest bidder, which will be Qatar.

Think it's time to either accept it (begrudgingly or not) or walk away (I think Patty said he would). That's the reality.

Related, saw an article today that worker rights in Qatar have tumbled since the World Cup ended. There's a surprise.

Unread 16-03-2023, 09:25 AM
Vedder

Walk away ffs

Unread 16-03-2023, 09:34 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Walk away ffs
I agree, but some have been very passionately anti-Qatar. "I'd be done with football" etc.

Unread 16-03-2023, 09:42 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Our problem is the ground and training ground.

Who has the money to plough money into that other than the ridiculously rich?
Well Arsenal Tottenham Liverpool and even Everton have managed it so no idea why we couldn’t.

And it depends what’s needed. It probably needs modernising - that’s about it.

I’ve never said I’m done with united if Qatar take over. It’s too big a part of my family’s life. It simply means my ever growing disillusionment with the game increases. That disillusionment has been brought on more by ME ownership than anything else.

The glazers ownership was bad because it put us at a massive disadvantage. ME ownership puts a select few clubs at a massive advantage. One was bad for us, the other is bad for everyone.

Unread 16-03-2023, 10:09 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Well Arsenal Tottenham Liverpool and even Everton have managed it so no idea why we couldn’t.

And it depends what’s needed. It probably needs modernising - that’s about it.

I’ve never said I’m done with united if Qatar take over. It’s too big a part of my family’s life. It simply means my ever growing disillusionment with the game increases. That disillusionment has been brought on more by ME ownership than anything else.

The glazers ownership was bad because it put us at a massive disadvantage. ME ownership puts a select few clubs at a massive advantage. One was bad for us, the other is bad for everyone.
Last para: think that’s pretty much spot on but tbh, I’d rather be on the advantage side of it. When you’ve got the whole world against us, even when we do everything right they paint us black… they can £#%&! off. Don’t care about everyone.

Your previous post: You’re probably right that Erik would’ve made a better go of it with his man management and ability as a coach but don’t think we’d have been winning anything other than maybe a couple more cups.

We’ll never know: Woodward. The absolute ruination of us over his involvement and equally culpable as the owners, given that he would’ve convinced them he had it all sorted. They fell for him the minute he enabled their shitty little manoeuvre. He got them in and cluelessly, he would’ve easily convinced them he could run the club. He had an English accent ffs.
The football world has changed, mate and we’re beyond the point of no return.

Unread 16-03-2023, 10:16 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
This still going on?

Thought we'd established already that the club is for sale and likely to go to the highest bidder, which will be Qatar.

Think it's time to either accept it (begrudgingly or not) or walk away (I think Patty said he would). That's the reality.

Related, saw an article today that worker rights in Qatar have tumbled since the World Cup ended. There's a surprise.

the club hasn't been 'ours' since at least the takeover, and many would argue before. Seems to me an extremely odd time to walk away. Surely the time to do that would have been '05? You can't think too deeply about this these days. It's fruitless. The club will never be fan owned or part fan owned, save for a miracle- there's too much money involved.

I've always said football will be due a big reset this decade. Whether that's just a full on implosion, or the ESL, or something. Something has got to give.

In the meantime just have to enjoy what you can. Go to games, don't go to games, whatever. It won't make a difference to the club itself so just do whatever suits you.

Unread 16-03-2023, 10:16 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Last para: think that’s pretty much spot on but tbh, I’d rather be on the advantage side of it. When you’ve got the whole world against us, even when we do everything right they paint us black… they can £#%&! off. Don’t care about everyone.

Your previous post: You’re probably right that Erik would’ve made a better go of it with his man management and ability as a coach but don’t think we’d have been winning anything other than maybe a couple more cups.

We’ll never know: Woodward. The absolute ruination of us over his involvement and equally culpable as the owners, given that he would’ve convinced them he had it all sorted. They fell for him the minute he enabled their shitty little manoeuvre. He got them in and cluelessly, he would’ve easily convinced them he could run the club. He had an English accent ffs.
The football world has changed, mate and we’re beyond the point of no return.
You sure you wouldn't prefer to watch our 2 closest rivals clean up in perpetuity while you can take the moral high ground instead?

Unread 16-03-2023, 11:48 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You sure you wouldn't prefer to watch our 2 closest rivals clean up in perpetuity while you can take the moral high ground instead?
Think you need to read that again, mate.

Ie: agree

Unread 16-03-2023, 12:20 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
the club hasn't been 'ours' since at least the takeover, and many would argue before. Seems to me an extremely odd time to walk away. Surely the time to do that would have been '05? You can't think too deeply about this these days. It's fruitless. The club will never be fan owned or part fan owned, save for a miracle- there's too much money involved.

I've always said football will be due a big reset this decade. Whether that's just a full on implosion, or the ESL, or something. Something has got to give.

In the meantime just have to enjoy what you can. Go to games, don't go to games, whatever. It won't make a difference to the club itself so just do whatever suits you.
Exactly, seems some have been relatively content with 18 years of Glazer ownership because we weren't 'cheating' and were able to take the moral high ground, but are drawing a line with regards to Middle Eastern ownership

Unread 16-03-2023, 12:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Do you think we would have challenged before now if we’d have had ETH or equivalent? Rather than a stream of managerial idiots and inappropriate players chosen by a clueless investment banker?
It’s a distinct possibility

Unread 16-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Exactly, seems some have been relatively content with 18 years of Glazer ownership because we weren't 'cheating' and were able to take the moral high ground, but are drawing a line with regards to Middle Eastern ownership
Not like you and Whip to create an argument no one’s made.

Who has said they believe that the club is currently ‘ours’ apart from Whip in a completely made up post?
Who, apart from Drexl, has said that they’re content with glazer ownership?

Would help if people didn’t post such bullshit tbh.

Unread 16-03-2023, 01:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What's wrong with the Training ground ...??

INEOS chemicals group turned over 65 billion in 2022
Just going off what I've read, that may be incorrect, regarding the training ground.

I just don't get why Ineos and Ratcliffe get made out to be saviours by some. They're business people like the rest and with that their interests as priority.

Unread 16-03-2023, 01:21 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Who has said they believe that the club is currently ‘ours’ apart from Whip in a completely made up post?

Would help if people didn’t post such bullshit tbh.
Indeed. Never said I would walk away as Shenners said, although my level of interest in top flight football would all but evaporate. Said a few times that I hate everything about modern top flight football outside of United, and it's only United that has kept any real interest alive.

Modern football is ridiculous enough as it is with the money involved with wages and transfers, the nonsense that was last years World Cup, oil states owning what were shit Premier League clubs.

Now it's got to the point that a club the size of United, with the history the club has, the support base it has, with the amount of money the club can generate off the pitch to line pockets owners pockets, if it's got to the point that a club like that has to be taken over by a state proven to be football cheats like Qatar to actually compete... Then what a £#%&!ing state this sport is in at the top flight. And if we're now the main players in the things that have been turning me off top flight football for the last 15 years, then why the £#%&! would I still have any real interest in it?

Unread 16-03-2023, 01:26 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:

Would help if people didn’t post such bull$#*! tbh.
Seen a few posts like this suggesting the Glazers would be preferable.

Seen some bull$#*! virtue-signalling too.

Maybe have a #@&%! fit about those people

Unread 16-03-2023, 01:38 PM
History

It's such a nuanced choice. I'm of the opinion there is no good billionaires and unfortunately these are the only people capable of ridding the Glazers

My focus on who's the most correct is making United sustainable going forward not necessarily the human rights record of the particular country the investor comes from. That horse bolted 16 years ago.

Clear the debt, that is my line. Any potential owner who doesn't commit to taking this burden off the club i don't want

So you won't find me on Sir Matt Busy Way in a Bisht on deadline day, I'm slightly leaning towards the Qataris but at this point I just want those yank tumours removed

Unread 16-03-2023, 01:44 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Just going off what I've read, that may be incorrect, regarding the training ground.

I just don't get why Ineos and Ratcliffe get made out to be saviours by some. They're business people like the rest and with that their interests as priority.
I've been asking this for weeks now. Still not had a clear answer. People just assuming he'd be a better owner. Not sure why.

Unread 16-03-2023, 01:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I've been asking this for weeks now. Still not had a clear answer. People just assuming he'd be a better owner. Not sure why.
Human rights, tolerance,western values, local business

Unread 16-03-2023, 01:50 PM
Ethers

People have said loads of times why they would prefer Ratcliffe, it’s just that you don’t agree with the reasons.

Which is fair enough, everyone’s got a different opinion on it.

Unread 16-03-2023, 01:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Human rights, tolerance,western values, local business
Closed Thread