United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Short memories eh Bedders?

We are in this siutaution due to mine and Hughes Oh I say's utilisation of the curse. Nothing to do with players or tactics.
Credit where it's due.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Tiberian

Utd will end up with less points this season than last, with a stronger squad.

Being a natural pessimist I am still very worried that Utd will manage to mess this up in the league, our away form has been inconsistent all season, and on that ploughed field at Wigan we could have a nervy day.

West Ham are due a beating, get an early goal and the pressure will be lifted.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Utd will end up with less points this season than last, with a stronger squad.

Does making it slightly further in the CL not make up for that to some extent?

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I do think we may have made things harder on ourselves than necassary in the league and some of the very recent results and frm had me concerned but if we win the next 3, yes. Fergie was right.
We have made it harder on ourselves then we needed to.

Should have made the Blackgurn game our tbh, thatwas a big mistake.

Even if we only win one trophy i'll still be singing Fergie's praises.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Does making it slightly further in the CL not make up for that to some extent?
Yes, but you could also factor in getting to the FA Cup Final.

I think that people underestimate how remarkable a performance that United squad put in last year, very close to another treble. Defensive injuries, Saha, and Giggs and Scholes struggling at the end of long seasons derailed United in the last 6 weeks.

Chelsea were a better side last year as well, Fergie was less likely, and able, to rotate knowing that mistakes would be capitalized on. He has had his gambles, but now United simply have to win something this year for Fergie to be proved right.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:58 AM
armchair

I think it was £#%&! kfc mentioned that when he got back on here from barca it was like we'd lost 4-0 or something.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
We have made it harder on ourselves then we needed to.

Should have made the Blackgurn game our tbh, thatwas a big mistake.

Even if we only win one trophy i'll still be singing Fergie's praises.
Yup when Fergie gose then Giggs, Scholes and Neville will go with him. If he's done a good job he will have replaced them with home grown talent.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Yup when Fergie gose then Giggs, Scholes and Neville will go with him. If he's done a good job he will have replaced them with home grown talent.
Hey look, it's Fred Tish's very own Alan Green wannabe. which United player yopu gonna slag today Alan?

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
3 games left and if we win 'em we win a European Cup, League double. How can this have happened given that, Rio is a @#%&! and wobbly gobbed tosser, Scholes should never play for us except against Fulham, Giggs is finished, Wes is crap, Hargreaves is a total waste of money, Carrick is a bottler, Tevez is far too slow, Rooney can't finish, Fergie's an idiot and Glazer stooge and Van der Sar can't save long shots. ah that these were the viewsof the anti-United southern press too.
It was all ronaldo?

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
It was all ronaldo?
So a certain Chelsea fan reckons yes. Or is it Arsenal? £#%&! it, he's a London fan.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Will Giggs get another year?

I'm guessing that Scholes will get one more, while Anderson takes a few more notes

Neville will surely not be here next season in a playing capacity, but i'm sure he'll be banging down the door to coach at OT.

I reckon Fergie has another couple of years left in him yet

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Will Giggs get another year?

I'm guessing that Scholes will get one more, while Anderson takes a few more notes

Neville will surely not be here next season in a playing capacity, but i'm sure he'll be banging down the door to coach at OT.

I reckon Fergie has another couple of years left in him yet
Giggs already has another year on his contract, though i suspect it will be in a far more limited playing capacity. Scholes has at least one more season in the main first team pool left and if he steers clear of injuries will play plenty. As for G Nev, well i wouldn't write him off yet, he hasn't suffered any recurrance of his injury so far so I think given a full pre-season he would still be a first team squad player at worst next season. As for fergie, I can see him going on for 3 or 4 more years personally.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Giggs already has another year on his contract, though i suspect it will be in a far more limited playing capacity. Scholes has at least one more season in the main first team pool left and if he steers clear of injuries will play plenty. As for G Nev, well i wouldn't write him off yet, he hasn't suffered any recurrance of his injury so far so I think given a full pre-season he would still be a first team squad player at worst next season. As for fergie, I can see him going on for 3 or 4 more years personally.
I hear different things about Neville. Most of it that he is unlikely to play again.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I hear different things about Neville. Most of it that he is unlikely to play again.
Really, that'd be sad? Not heard that myself. Linkage or sourceage?

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Redhod99

One word, Fletcher

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
One word, Fletcher
What about him?

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Yes but the fact is all top three this season have played cat and mouse to a degree.

If we don't win the league it's nobody elses fault but our own.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
If we don't win the league it's nobody elses fault but our own.
That's certainly true, as it always is in my opinion.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
That's certainly true, as it always is in my opinion.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
What's confusing Mr Green? whoever wins the league deservs it, if we on't it's our own fault. nowt confusing or contraversial there Alan.
Closed Thread