United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Will the owners actually invest this summer?
Yes absolutely 2 2.20%
No Chance 45 49.45%
Don't know 6 6.59%
Woodward is a clown who'll no doubt balls it all up 38 41.76%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2020, 10:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Doubt that will happen, if only because it would make the gimps/woowar the obvious fall guys for any subsequent failure. I expect them to try to cover their tracks just a bit.
Why? they're not answerable to anyone.

Unread 16-08-2020, 10:51 PM
Lok

It's a big summer for the club. We are the closest we've been to competing but to get there they'd need to spend another £200-250m. It's hard to see the club taking that sort of gamble.

I'd imagine the board have a budget of around £100m plus whatever we make back in player sales. If that's the case, they may as well spend nothing. Because it isn't enough to bridge the gap and this team is solid enough for top 4 as Leicester will fade away and Arsenal aren't improving enough despite what the media will have you believe.

Full back, Centre back, right winger and a sub striker please. Anything less and we're playing handicapped.

Unread 16-08-2020, 11:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Why? they're not answerable to anyone.
Things got pretty ugly after the loss to Burnley, they will try to avoid that if they possibly can.

Unread 16-08-2020, 11:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's a big summer for the club. We are the closest we've been to competing but to get there they'd need to spend another £200-250m. It's hard to see the club taking that sort of gamble.

I'd imagine the board have a budget of around £100m plus whatever we make back in player sales. If that's the case, they may as well spend nothing. Because it isn't enough to bridge the gap and this team is solid enough for top 4 as Leicester will fade away and Arsenal aren't improving enough despite what the media will have you believe.

Full back, Centre back, right winger and a sub striker please. Anything less and we're playing handicapped.
Probably. We need to try and blag one top class player per season. Under 25.

Should be ready to challenge by 2025.

Unread 17-08-2020, 02:56 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Course we won’t... we need 2/3 more top quality players and not people like Daniel ‘Headless Chicken’ James.

A defender who could cross or play it out of the back would be nice too.
Well, he does reminds me of the bad player I used to sign in Championship Manager/Football Manger back in the days to get the hang of it how the transfer system worked in each new edition of the game.

But someone needs to tell ole we are not playing Football manager and you cannot save and reset the game if you lose an important match.

Unread 17-08-2020, 07:53 AM
Red Santos

we wont sign enough quality

it'll be the same old same old next season

4th place and decent cup run again will be deemed success

Unread 17-08-2020, 07:55 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Probably. We need to try and blag one top class player per season. Under 25.

Should be ready to challenge by 2025.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:10 AM
Patty_b

Covid has £#%&!ed it up for everybody, including us. It would have been a good time to offload our shite at a reasonable rate, but now there's loads of teams that find themselves in a position where they're having to get rid of better players, and the teams that would have been picking up the likes of Jones and Lingard now have to tighten their belts.

Ideally we need three players good enough to walk into the first team, and a couple of others good enough to realistically challenge for a first team spot.

That never would've happened after a normal season, never mind now.

Reckon we'll end up with one player in, a few loaned out and a couple of young lads making more appearances.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:15 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Given that the Glazers own (or owned) shit loads of retail space in the US I imagine their finances are pretty well £#%&!ed.

The club revenues are going to be massively down too so I can’t see where you think they’re going to get £100m from.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:21 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Competing for what?

I might have been slightly hysterical (and drunk) when i made that thread two years ago but you can see it panning out now. We'll get Grealish on deadline day (if we're lucky) and we'll start the season with the XI that's done well for a few months this season. They'll be then run in to the ground by October, the CL group stages will be a mess and we'll be languishing around 6th when everyone turns on him.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:51 AM
windy waffles

We dropped a major %@#$&! by not signing Erling Haaland. He is exactly what we have been missing for years - a proper number 9.

Our finishing at times is shocking as shown in the past few games.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:54 AM
Drexl

I reckon we will go bare mins

1 deffo, maybe 2

i want 3 and would take a pogba straight swap for grealish right here right now and i don't even want grealish

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Coracao

We need 7 or 8.

I reckon we might get two. And maybe zero by time we kick off.

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Dr Stranger

Oh pa-lease.

They spend SOME money, but they've shown under the last two managers that we net spend (arsenal fan gif) between £50-£100m.

That's Sancho or a Sancho alternative.

We need 5-6 players to get where we need to be. We'll sign one, maybe 2 players, tops.

I'd rather we signed quality over a longer period of time tbh. We've seen the impact one good signing can have in Bruno.

We said this would take at least 5 transfer windows to sort out and nothing has changed there.

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Said at the time with the Moyes appointment and glazer free reign to tighten in we were a decade away from the title again....

Looking spot on (could be longer)

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:47 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We dropped a major %@#$&! by not signing Erling Haaland. He is exactly what we have been missing for years - a proper number 9.

Our finishing at times is shocking as shown in the past few games.
You wanted us to sign Haaland? You should have said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Said at the time with the Moyes appointment and glazer free reign to tighten in we were a decade away from the title again....

Are we any closer to dealing with the debt? Can’t see how us being bang-average and winning nothing is helping in any way. £#%&!ing glazers...

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:55 AM
believe

Quote:

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Something funny pal ?

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:59 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
You wanted us to sign Haaland? You should have said

Are we any closer to dealing with the debt? Can’t see how us being bang-average and winning nothing is helping in any way. £#%&!ing glazers...
Fuming we didn't sign him pal, fuming...

Unread 17-08-2020, 10:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

And the club would have laughed, Bellers-style, at that.

Moyes was an unbelievably lazy appointment.

Hired for being Scottish.
Closed Thread