United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2020, 09:58 PM
Neo

Yeah, they're decent, but what about Kelechi?

Unread 16-07-2020, 10:00 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Its a meme used to make fun of people when they say dumb shit. Hence the spongebob face
Thank you for explaining.

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:17 PM
Vedder

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Quite funny actually.

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:29 PM
MagnificentSeven

the obvious answer was always to build a team around these two.

martial's finishing is genuinely world class. he scores beautiful goals on a regular basis and some people still think he doesn't have potential to be a star

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
the obvious answer was always to build a team around these two.

martial's finishing is genuinely world class. he scores beautiful goals on a regular basis and some people still think he doesn't have potential to be a star
In fairness mate it was far from clear Martial had the application to match his potential. Pleased for him, and us, I was wrong.

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:33 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
In fairness mate it was far from clear Martial had the application to match his potential. Pleased for him, and us, I was wrong.
i've simped for him ever since he came off the bench to score that goal against liverpool

what was jose thinking

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:46 PM
suedeshoes

Martial doing well from Rashford getting better by the game. We'll never win the league with Martial as our number 9.

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:50 PM
united_1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
brilliant

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:52 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Martial doing well from Rashford getting better by the game. We'll never win the league with Martial as our number 9.
people also thought we'd never win the league with "showpony" ronaldo and a young rooney.

this lad has potential to be one of the best in europe.

Unread 16-07-2020, 11:54 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
people also thought we'd never win the league with "showpony" ronaldo and a young rooney.

I didn't.

Quote:
At what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by united_1878
brilliant
Grow up.

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:07 AM
Stickman

Both players proving me wrong

And long may it continue because lets face it, they are a pair of cool bastards

Unread 17-07-2020, 08:19 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Literally don't know a single person who thought that.

Unread 17-07-2020, 08:39 AM
MUFC One Love

Rashford for that 2nd goal.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Red Santos

Martial has had good spells/purple patches under previous managers before

so im not getting carried away

Since the restart however i dont think ive seen him this aggressive. Promising...

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:09 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Martial has had good spells/purple patches under previous managers before

so im not getting carried away

Since the restart however i dont think ive seen him this aggressive. Promising...
He looks a different player now tbf.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:26 AM
Neo

I think both of them are settling into their preferred roles now, and you have to credit Ole with identifying where they need to play, to be at their best.

He's realised quickly that Rashford is a top-class wide forward, where he can carry the ball at pace, run at the opposition, and link with the central striker; he's also realised quickly that Martial is a very promising number 9, with the intelligence for the role, and arguably the best penalty box finishing ability at the club.

Amazing how the previous manager never grasped this, and shunted both players around all over the place, including extended stays on the bench for Martial in favour of Lukaku.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:27 AM
windy waffles

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think both of them are settling into their preferred roles now, and you have to credit Ole with identifying where they need to play, to be at their best.

He's realised quickly that Rashford is a top-class wide forward, where he can carry the ball at pace, run at the opposition, and link with the central striker; he's also realised quickly that Martial is a very promising number 9, with the intelligence for the role, and arguably the best penalty box finishing ability at the club.

Amazing how the previous manager never grasped this, and shunted both players around all over the place, including extended stays on the bench for Martial in favour of Lukaku.
Great post...surprisingly.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:30 AM
AK14

Tbf people were furious when Mourinho played Rashford wide left all the time

Probably made him the player he is today

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:38 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Tbf people were furious when Mourinho played Rashford wide left all the time

Probably made him the player he is today
He never played him wide left forward

Basically played him wide left in midfield with the responsibility to follow the opposition's right back

Completely different
Closed Thread