Unread 18-03-2012, 01:00 PM
fred tissue

Default Wolves v Manchester United!

Hit F5 for the latest or set your page to update automatically
Send your emails over to [email protected]
Keep up with all today's goals on our live scoreboard
Check out the latest league table with our stats centre

Here are the teams:

Wolverhampton: Hennessey; Zubar, Stearman, Bassong, Ward; Foley, Edwards, Davis, Jarvis; Doyle, Fletcher.
Subs: De Vries, Kightly, Ebanks-Blake, Hunt, Johnson, Berra, Jonsson.

Man Utd: De Gea; Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Scholes; Welbeck, Hernandez, Rooney.
Subs: Amos, Giggs, Smalling, Park, Young, Fabio Da Silva, Pogba.

Referee:
Anthony Taylor (Cheshire)

Good afternoon: After yesterday's events at White Hart Lane and the statement this morning confirming that Fabrice Muamba remains in a critical condition following his heart attack during the FA Cup tie, forgive me if this preamble is a little subdued. What has struck me, though, is that for all the vindictiveness that at times threatens to overwhelm our game, the response to the gravity of what happened yesterday has been a credit to the essential decency of football fans.

Talking about the prospects for Wolves v Manchester United is a jarring step change after that but nonetheless has to be done. Wolves have actually won two of the three Premier League encounters between the two sides at Molineux, winning 2-1 through goals from George Elokobi and Kevin Doyle last season and 1-0 when Kenny Miller scored in 2004. I've seen Wolves win twice this season and the key to both victories was Matt Jarvis and Stephen Fletcher. After United's performances against Bilbao, when the speed of thought and movement of Athletic Bilbao bamboozled them, they will be determined to show that their ability to cope with the lesser tactical demands posed by a Premier League team has not been diminished.

I saw Terry Connor make his debut as a player, coming on as a substitute for Leeds in a home game against West Brom and he scored in a 1-0 victory in 1979. He was a phenomenally hard-working centre-forward who ran the channels with real industry and diligence and never let the disgusting abuse he took destroy his appetite for the game. His form deserted him and he was moved to midfield in a struggling side that went down in 1982 but rebuilt his career with Brighton and became one of the most venerated players of the 1980s at the Goldstone Ground. I wish him well but fear today will be a tricky afternoon for him.

Early team news tells us that for the second league game running Sir Alex Ferguson has opted for an attacking trident of Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez with Antonio Valencia and Paul Scholes also returning to the starting XI. For Wolves Kevin Foley replaces Jamie O'Hara and there's no place for Roger Johnson on the bench.

I'll post the full teams when they drop.
Rob Bagchi

guardian.co.uk © 2012 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

More...