United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:06 PM
Neo

Very, very poor today. Slow, sloppy with his passing, and caught on the ball too much. Clearly not 100% fit after a shit pre-season, and catching Covid, but, no excuses, he was shit, and deservedly hooked.

Saying that, he also had our best strike on goal with his shot in the first half, and, as always, never hid and was always keen to get on the ball.

Not surprised to see him singled out though, even when nearly half the team were probably worse than him. (Maguire, Lindelof, Fosu-Mensah, James, Rashford).

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:10 PM
Cream

Well at least Woodward and co won’t be making a profit on him. Lol.

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:10 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He’s a luxury player, imagine continuing to play him sitting in midfield £#%&!ing hell You either take the shackles off and play him forward or you sell him.
It is him or Bruno. And Pogba is far less productive.

Not that Fernandes was any better today.

We have had a dysfunctional midfield since Scholes and Carrick stopped playing together. We have brought in DVB and he won't be able to play with Pogba and Fernandes. Though he may replace the former.

Someone like Allan who Everton got would have been an upgrade for our midfield and given us some form of balance and a player who can play in front of the back four and has legs.

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:47 PM
Buck

Did Scholes and Carrick even play together much? Fergie used Fletcher a lot before the illness and for good reason.

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:50 PM
andyroo

Shouldn't have started. He's been ill, wasn't ready. Much as my impatience with him is bubbling over, reluctant to be too harsh on him today.

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Shouldn't have started. He's been ill, wasn't ready. Much as my impatience with him is bubbling over, reluctant to be too harsh on him today.
.......yeah it's only been 4 years now ..

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:53 PM
est.1878

Amount of times he gives up possession is mind blowing.

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Amount of times he gives up possession is mind blowing.
Don’t think he connected with anything cleanly all night, he shanked 4 attempted cross field passes, that I counted, horribly. Even his worst critic wouldn’t say that is standard for him. Well, well off it.

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:55 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He doesn't wanna be here, he'll never be ready. Subconciously checked out, won't even take a ball to the fizzog for us

Unread 19-09-2020, 08:58 PM
Whip Hubley

Absolute shite

Unread 19-09-2020, 09:02 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It is him or Bruno. And Pogba is far less productive.

Not that Fernandes was any better today.

We have had a dysfunctional midfield since Scholes and Carrick stopped playing together. We have brought in DVB and he won't be able to play with Pogba and Fernandes. Though he may replace the former.

Someone like Allan who Everton got would have been an upgrade for our midfield and given us some form of balance and a player who can play in front of the back four and has legs.
Agree with this.

I’ll be surprised if Pogba, Fernandes and Van De Beek start together for many games, if any. They are all similar players in terms of where they like to play, and to find the right balance I think only two of them can start, alongside a holding midfielder, where worryingly we also lack the right quality, as Matic is past his best, and The Scottish Player isn’t quite good enough IMO.

We need to get Fred, Pereira and Lingard off the books and sign a top class defensive midfielder, and that would mean we’ve got a very good group to select from. Quite why Woodward still hasn’t managed to make this happen is beyond me.

Unread 19-09-2020, 09:03 PM
tatty

What grips me is he's using us like we are some no mark mid-table team.

He'll say all the right things and keep wringing us whilst he's shit but the instant he hits a run of form and gets an offer he'll be gone.

I'd sell him tomorrow.

Unread 19-09-2020, 09:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Another great performance.

Unread 19-09-2020, 09:14 PM
utd99

Sooner or later our ‘world class’ players are going to have to put in a few ‘world class’ performances to justify their ‘world class’ tag, surely.

Unread 19-09-2020, 10:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Sooner or later our ‘world class’ players are going to have to put in a few ‘world class’ performances to justify their ‘world class’ tag, surely.
New to our world class players?

Unread 19-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He's
Not
World
Class

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:52 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He's
Not
World
Class
Hence the inverted commas. Other people’s definitions, not mine.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:40 AM
bosskeano

when was the last time he actually put in a positive 90 minute shift?

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Hence the inverted commas. Other people’s definitions, not mine.
Cool.

I'm still annoyed

Unread 20-09-2020, 05:36 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
when was the last time he actually put in a positive 90 minute shift?
I reckon some of his instas take a while to put together
Closed Thread