United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ole has to call the ref out . ESP for the last Ronaldo foul. Sky sports did their best to not mention either of it. Decided to focus on how it was a bad decision for noble to come on.
Worst decision in a long time. Absolutely terrible.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Worst decision in a long time. Absolutely terrible.
Didn’t even go to VAR. wtf was that about. Imagine if it were the other way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He plays more forward, not as a DM, which is what Fred is doing. He’s more in Bruno’s role.
He is young, I doubt his position is fixed. It’s like playing pogba in number 6. Pogba is essentially an attacking midfielder. Still plays CM from
Time to time.
I’m not saying mejbri is the fix, I’m saying it’s worth trying him there for a game atleast to see if he could do a job. A job that has the bar set very very low from fred

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:27 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Didn’t even go to VAR. wtf was that about. Imagine if it were the other way around
It did, they just didn't tell Atkinson to go to the monitor.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
It's £#%&!ing horrendous. Literally would've been robbed of 2 points and another couple of weeks of the "Ole OUT!" rubbish.

Zouma absolutely rinses Ronaldo out - how is it not a penalty? Still can't believe it.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
So we were £#%&!ed from two refs

Sparky***

Quote:
It's £#%&!ing horrendous. Literally would've been robbed of 2 points and another couple of weeks of the "Ole OUT!" rubbish.

Zouma absolutely rinses Ronaldo out - how is it not a penalty? Still can't believe it.
The manger has to be demanding an explanation for that before they think they can just do that every week to Ronaldo.

magic_cantona

Quote:
So we were £#%&!ed from two refs
Incredibly, yes.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:29 PM
dunk

Quote:

He is young, I doubt his position is fixed. It’s like playing pogba in number 6. Pogba is essentially an attacking midfielder. Still plays CM from
Time to time.
I’m not saying mejbri is the fix, I’m saying it’s worth trying him there for a game atleast to see if he could do a job. A job that has the bar set very very low from fred
Incredible that both fouls on Ronaldo were just dismissed.

Fred isn’t playing well, but he’s much better than we’re seeing. Dropping him for a 10 stone 18 year old attacking midfielder doesn’t feel like the best move.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:30 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
What a sensaaaational finish by Jesse.

If Sancho had bagged that we would be creaming over it. What an unreal goal it was.

Hope big Jadon can learn a bit from Jesse. No hate. Sancho is much more talented, with time will explode.
Considering the opposition and the blazingly white hot environment, the composure, the calmness, the tranquility of the mind and body in such a position is stunning from a 28 year old boy.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:31 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Incredibly, yes.
Twice when you think about the first Ronaldo shout. I know I’ve said it before but Ole has to say something. It’s something Ferguson would be so good at doing.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The manger has to be demanding an explanation for that before they think they can just do that every week to Ronaldo.
It's literally a Gold Medal given out to anyone that can stick one on Ronaldo and get away with it. Prime target for lots of zero's to make a hero out of themselves. Unreal that it wasn't given. £#%&!ing disgrace.

Sky unbelievably ( ) quiet about it. Imagine that was the other way about?

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
They weighed it up.. give United a penalty after the ref said no; dogs abuse, let it slide and game finishes 2-1, nobody cares. They weren’t expecting West Ham to go up the other end and give them an opportunity to give them a penalty.

browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
We seem to rely on individual brilliance not tactics or anything
You’re such a clueless @#%&!. Stone wall penalties not given and another 2 or 3 excellent opportunities that on another day would’ve gone in, all the result of tactics. The manager makes subs and two of them combine to get the winner (tactics).
Anything to take the credit away from Ole when it goes right and yet the first thing that doesn’t go to plan on the pitch and it’s down to him.

I notice this line isn’t trotted out when Lukaku or Salah make the difference.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:32 PM
Bunker Buster

The second is a stone wall penalty, no argument about it...

magic_cantona

Quote:
They weighed it up.. give United a penalty after the ref said no; dogs abuse, let it slide and game finishes 2-1, nobody cares. They weren’t expecting West Ham to go up the other end and give them an opportunity to give them a penalty.
Still can't believe that was given. Watch next Saturday when there's lots of fuss because one of them ISN'T given. It'll probably be us.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Incredible that both fouls on Ronaldo were just dismissed.

Fred isn’t playing well, but he’s much better than we’re seeing. Dropping him for a 10 stone 18 year old attacking midfielder doesn’t feel like the best move.
Fred is nowhere near good enough for his level to dip. If you’re limited, you need to be reliable, he isn’t.

When he’s like this, he’s a liability. Matic has been decent and with The Scottish Player having the legs around him, I’d go with those two for now.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:33 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You won't see a worse VAR performance than that this season. Ole should be out infront of the cameras after, spitting feathers.

Absolute £#%&!ing disgrace - they've not give those pens because it's ronaldo, simple as. They wanted to 'prove' a point there by not giving them. No other reason both of them should have been waved away.

The save at the end was great but i'm fuming we were even in that position. Disgrace. Absolute disgrace from Atkinson and the VAR team.
I’m still at Leicester 5-3 level lad.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
If it had been at the other end, they’d have postponed kick off for this game and we’d still be watching replays now.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It really is. There’s just no excuse for not giving it in the first place, and it’s downright scandalous it wasn’t reviewed by VAR.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Neo has got you absolutely pegged.
Oh my…

How embarrassing.