United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2007, 01:15 AM
ICJ

Default Gambling addiction

I'm showing some signs of this, I never used to think about putting a bet on now everytime I go past the bookies I think of the roullete machine and some shit strategy (Which obviously won't work) to win. I think it's because my mate won big on them starting off with a fiver and betting 20p's on the numbers.

But I used to look down on people who lost there money and thought why are you looking at me like that your wasting your money! Now I'm in the way of the bet and it's hard to get out!

500 on the draw for the liverpool match with the Vcash too

Unread 19-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Ether

I had a bit of a problem with those roulette machines for a while, fucking bastard things. I didn't even bother thinking up strategies though, would just go in there and spunk a load of money on red or black. Wasted a load of money betting on those virtual horse races too.

Kind of drifted out of it though before I lost too much. Still go in the bookies now and again to put a bet or two on, but just try to steer clear of the machines. Not exactly much advice there, but hope you get out of the habit before you lose too much.

Unread 19-01-2007, 01:45 AM
ICJ

Pretty sad really init, I know lads who put so much in and walked away with nothing and it could have funded a week at vegas then at least you are doing the real thing and have a top time. Then again if you get 9000 up and you go back down to a 1000 you must think you can do it again!

The easier the game, the greater the house edge.

Unread 19-01-2007, 08:13 AM
elephantstone

its too easy to get into debt through gambling on the net. I spoke to a guy last week and he lost 10k in an hour on some gambling site, he is not some high roller but just a run of the mill guy with 2 kids.

Unread 19-01-2007, 08:59 AM
puressence

those roulettes are lethal i was hitting them a couple of years ago all the bleeding time .. not been on one for ages .seen blokes literally loose thousands on them in hours ..

Unread 19-01-2007, 09:03 AM
n48

I sometimes nip in to a bookies and put a quid in those routlette machines. I go in with the expectation that I'm just testing the machine and it'll go the opposite of what I put. I find though if you put a fiver in you're much more likely to win on the fist spin of the wheel but eventually you'll lose the lot.

In other words don't do it seriously.

Unread 19-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Papadoc

You have to ask yourself why the bookies have them

You cannot win Fact

Short term yes, but it will take it all in the end.

If you have to gamble learn to play poker at least that is a game of skill, Good players win bad players lose.

Be careful and play low stakes or you'll get wiped out very quickly until you learn the game. Don't think you can start at $100 plus tables or you will soon be in a heap of debt. Some great players on the net but some truely fuckin awful ones too

Read up on it with a few books and away you go
Closed Thread