United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-11-2019, 10:06 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I deleted a post about Son which I put it in this thread.
Yep. Then Heyselled it when utd99 picked you up on it. Stay special fella.

Unread 03-11-2019, 10:07 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Yep. Then Heyselled it when utd99 picked you up on it. Stay special fella.
He didn't pick me up on anything. He said speak of the devil presumably thinking I was gonna slag off Ole.

Unread 03-11-2019, 10:31 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
He didn't pick me up on anything. He said speak of the devil presumably thinking I was gonna slag off Ole.
No idea why he would think that as you always come across positive and supportive of the team and manager

Unread 04-11-2019, 12:11 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
It's a chalet.
If you say so.

Unread 04-11-2019, 09:28 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
No idea why he would think that as you always come across positive and supportive of the team and manager
Exactly.

Hence the odd, little man comment.

Anyway, Ole out and all that.

Unread 04-11-2019, 09:41 AM
puressence

God help a defeat v brighton

Unread 04-11-2019, 10:28 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
God help a defeat v brighton
If we lose that he deserves to go.

Seriously.

Unread 04-11-2019, 10:39 AM
shenwen

Quote:
If we lose that he deserves to go.

Seriously.

No he doesn't. But I do think losing another game makes him staying a lot more difficult.

I get the rebuild and support the manager, but not matter how shit we've become, we should not be losing at home to Crystal Palace and Brighton level of shit.

Think we'll beat them comfortably anyway.

Unread 04-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
No he doesn't. But I do think losing another game makes him staying a lot more difficult.

I get the rebuild and support the manager, but not matter how shit we've become, we should not be losing at home to Crystal Palace and Brighton level of shit.

Think we'll beat them comfortably anyway.
He's not the man to rebuild the team, his back-up team aren't good or qualified enough either. It isn't going to happen with him. Pity, but that's how it is.

Unread 04-11-2019, 11:14 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Having an opinion and making a valid point based on the evidence, is hardly moaning incessantly.

This season will be long, and the next and maybe the one after that, and it is a position a club of United's size should never be in. Rotten from top to bottom, but much as Ole was one of my favourite ever United players and I want him to do well, I just can't see it happening. And I don't see the current owners, directors and shareholders tolerating this dull, non-winning, non-scoring football for too long.
Well the club is in the position it’s in because it’s got inexperienced weak people in key positions. It’s football strategy is all over the place evidenced by the extremes of styles in the managers we’ve appointed and by an often shambolic transfer policy. That hasn’t changed despite our poor performances and is unlikely to anytime soon. So the manager has to work within the structures that are in place and it’s a bit futile to waste too much energy fighting that.

With the manager, you’ve got to see enough to give you a bit of hope and I have. You haven’t - fair enough. But every set back on here is greeted with futile hysteria and your post is exactly that. Hysterical. So I’ve called it out. Soz.

Unread 04-11-2019, 11:26 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
are those tickets free yet
Creams on the next match - thought yours was in December. Will check the pm’s.

Unread 04-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Well the club is in the position it’s in because it’s got inexperienced weak people in key positions. It’s football strategy is all over the place evidenced by the extremes of styles in the managers we’ve appointed and by an often shambolic transfer policy. That hasn’t changed despite our poor performances and is unlikely to anytime soon. So the manager has to work within the structures that are in place and it’s a bit futile to waste too much energy fighting that.

With the manager, you’ve got to see enough to give you a bit of hope and I have. You haven’t - fair enough. But every set back on here is greeted with futile hysteria and your post is exactly that. Hysterical. So I’ve called it out. Soz.
Fair enough, but I think the manager falls into the highlighted bit too.

Unread 04-11-2019, 12:23 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
So you think it would be acceptable to lose to both Crystal Palace and Brighton at home whilst being beaten by Newcastle, West Ham and Bournemouth?

If you're happy to accept mediocrity, good for you.
Yeah because not wanting to get rid of the manager 3 months into his first full season is basically me accepting mediocrity.

The truth is that I’m not yet sure if Ole is the right man but I’m absolutely certain I can’t yet say he isn’t.

And I can’t see how you can. But then again, and no offence pal, but you do come across as having child like thinking on many subjects. football especially.

Unread 04-11-2019, 12:30 PM
puressence

Quote:
Creams on the next match - thought yours was in December. Will check the pm’s.
safe des

Unread 04-11-2019, 12:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Yeah because not wanting to get rid of the manager 3 months into his first full season is basically me accepting mediocrity.

The truth is that I’m not yet sure if Ole is the right man but I’m absolutely certain I can’t yet say he isn’t.

And I can’t see how you can. But then again, and no offence pal, but you do come across as having child like thinking on many subjects. football especially.
And that’s exactly the point.

I’m starting to think there’s a section of our following (the hysterical, instant gratification crowd) that would be fine with us having four managers per season. For me, I just want to see signs - reasons for optimism - then let him get on with his work. That doesn’t mean we have to go completely the other way and ignore his mistakes; I thought Saturday was a very poorly managed game.

Unread 04-11-2019, 12:46 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

None taken.

Unread 04-11-2019, 01:17 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
And that’s exactly the point.

I’m starting to think there’s a section of our following (the hysterical, instant gratification crowd) that would be fine with us having four managers per season. For me, I just want to see signs - reasons for optimism - then let him get on with his work. That doesn’t mean we have to go completely the other way and ignore his mistakes; I thought Saturday was a very poorly managed game.
Agreed on all fronts. Worst result of the season. All that fragile confidence back on show and he needed to be more dynamic with his subs - especially when we’re so flat.

SACK HIM!

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Whiteside onside

Top reds out in full force

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
That’s where I am.

But the last few weeks (not the weekend loss obviously) has given me some optimism that Ole has the tools to turn us around. That’s all I was looking for in the first few months was a little progression etc and games like Chelsea mid week gave me that.

Set backs like on the weekend are going to happen and there’ll be plenty more games like it before the end of the season. We’ve got a small squad that consists of young or shit players, we'll be inconsistent for a while yet tbf.

He needs to be backed by the board to sign a couple of players in January now and I’m hopeful we’ll kick on and see more progress.

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:38 PM
sweetleftfoot

Keith nailing it all over this thread.

When the owners finally see that the real footballing issues at United are Woodward, Murtagh etc then we may see real support for the manager, and then some progress. He is currently trying to drive a bus with 3 wheels and a conductor who has put 4 star in a diesel tank.
Closed Thread