United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-10-2020, 09:58 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Errrr what about bigger dividends? It makes literally no sense to suggest they own the f***ing club but don’t care if the club is successful or not, because that influences the value of the club. Woodward is out of his depth, this has been clear for years. Nothing he was highly successful at in his previous position equipped him to be in charge if football matters; that also is clear. The structure is wrong and it’s just not f***ing working, so what’s keeping him in this job, loyalty?
I think the Glazers realised years ago that they could make the same money whether United finish 4th or 1st. The club is a gigantic marketing cash cow. So where's their motivation to invest to bridge that gap? There isn't any. They'll invest what's needed to keep the cash cow going, but no more than that. They don't care about trophies or glory, they're not supporters.

Of course, as the club declines on the pitch, eventually the companies tying in with the club for marketing purposes will realise it's not worth it any more, after which I imagine there'll come a point when the Glazers decide they've milked it for all its worth. So they'll sell up and move on, leaving behind a decaying, indebted mess of a club, sliding down the table.

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:06 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I think the Glazers realised years ago that they could make the same money whether United finish 4th or 1st. The club is a gigantic marketing cash cow. So where's their motivation to invest to bridge that gap? There isn't any. They'll invest what's needed to keep the cash cow going, but no more than that. They don't care about trophies or glory, they're not supporters.

Of course, as the club declines on the pitch, eventually the companies tying in with the club for marketing purposes will realise it's not worth it any more, after which I imagine there'll come a point when the Glazers decide they've milked it for all its worth. So they'll sell up and move on, leaving behind a decaying, indebted mess of a club, sliding down the table.
🎼 and I think to myself....what a wonderfulllll worrrrrrrld.....🎼

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:06 AM
believe

Quote:

I just had a look at Tampa Bay Buccs wiki to see if there was any mention of the Glazer effect and what position they were in. Turns out they bought a 43 Tom Brady this year for $50 million. Does Woodward do the buying there too?

Unread 05-10-2020, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Everybody seems to have forgotten what a contemptible cowardly cheat Lamela was, don't they? Which is rather fortunate for him.

Unread 05-10-2020, 07:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That was true at the time, most people seemed to forget after the final result though.

And you may think the authorities might want to do something about it?
‘Most’, ‘Many’, ‘Some’......

Do you sit on a phone conducting polls?

Unread 05-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
🎼 and I think to myself....what a wonderfulllll worrrrrrrld.....🎼

Unread 05-10-2020, 08:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
‘Most’, ‘Many’, ‘Some’......

Do you sit on a phone conducting polls?
Wish I did, its a good way of making money.

Unread 05-10-2020, 11:48 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Tbf we could end up as part of a super league or selling our tv rights on an individual basis which would buy the Glazers another 15 years or so.