United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2019, 09:34 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What league position should Manchester United be sat in now with our current squad and injury list....
Above Palace, Burnley, Bournemouth and West Ham ffs.

If you think otherwise you are a plum.

Unread 10-10-2019, 09:35 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
West Ham currently have a better squad than us. It hurts, but it’s true.

Unread 10-10-2019, 09:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
West Ham currently have a better squad than us. It hurts, but it’s true.
Bullshit.

Unread 10-10-2019, 09:37 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Bullshit.
They do, they also have players playing in their correct position across the pitch. They have a striker. They have proper wingers. The whole shebang.

Unread 10-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

If you think otherwise you are a plum.
It's not been the best start and a bit of luck and we'd be higher, wouldn't you want to judge us after playing all these teams twice across a season ?

Unread 10-10-2019, 09:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's not been the best start and a bit of luck and we'd be higher, wouldn't you want to judge us after playing all these teams twice across a season ?

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
A former manager of Molde and Cardiff and one who has taken us to 12th in the league is not the one...
What did klopp do before managing Dortmund?

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
To which you could add that even the expectations he had at Dortmund to begin with were nothing like the expectations at this club.

At some point however Ole needs to be judged just like everyone else at the club. What we’re seeing now is really poor.

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
Got Mainz promoted to the Bundesliga and made the gegenpress style of football one of the most effective styles in the game?

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:52 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
To which you could add that even the expectations he had at Dortmund to begin with were nothing like the expectations at this club.

At some point however Ole needs to be judged just like everyone else at the club. What we’re seeing now is really poor.
I’d say the expectations at Liverpool are similar, if not identical to the expectations at ours.

Agreed though, what we are currently seeing is not good enough. I’m not sure why we have managed to play so aggressively against Arsenal and Chelsea, only to remain passive in and out of possession against the other teams that we should really be burying.

The squad is crap but if they have the ability to raise that side of their game against the “bigger” teams they should be doing it against every bloody team.

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:56 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’d say the expectations at Liverpool are similar, if not identical to the expectations at ours.

Agreed though, what we are currently seeing is not good enough. I’m not sure why we have managed to play so aggressively against Arsenal and Chelsea, only to remain passive in and out of possession against the other teams that we should really be burying.

The squad is crap but if they have the ability to raise that side of their game against the “bigger” teams they should be doing it against every bloody team.
With any squad there’s a range of possible performance, and we’re at the bottom of ours. Of that there’s no doubt at all.

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:58 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Got Mainz promoted to the Bundesliga and made the gegenpress style of football one of the most effective styles in the game?
You could also add; who cares what Klopp did? It's irrelevant.

Unread 10-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Heady qualifications. What did guardiola, Enrique, and zidane do before managing Barca and Madrid?

Unread 10-10-2019, 01:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Heady qualifications. What did guardiola, Enrique, and zidane do before managing Barca and Madrid?
Compared to Ole it is tbf.

Are you now going to name every single manager that’s ever managed a football team in the history of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You could also add; who cares what Klopp did? It's irrelevant.
I thought I’d play jammy’s game to see where he took it next.

He didn’t disappoint.

Unread 10-10-2019, 01:24 PM
windy waffles

Comparing Ole to Klopp.

Unread 10-10-2019, 02:14 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Are you now going to name every single manager that’s ever managed a football team in the history of the game?

I thought I’d play jammy’s game to see where he took it next.

He didn’t disappoint.
What did managers do in management before they were managers though eh eh?

Unread 10-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Promotion is better than two championships?

Quote:
It shows the argument against ole is shallow bullshit. It’s not unique to united. Clubs appoint managers for all sorts of reasons, and there’s a lot of things in ole’s favour where united’s current needs are concerned.

Quote:
He didn’t disappoint.
You did.

Quote:
Comparing Ole to Klopp.
Before he got the Dortmund job, why not?

Unread 10-10-2019, 04:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Promotion is better than two championshipst?
Depends what league I suppose.

Also well done for not mentioning the styles etc.

I get you want to give him time etc. But you’re comparing apples with oranges here, remove the red tinted specs for a minute or two.

Unread 10-10-2019, 08:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Depends what league I suppose.

Also well done for not mentioning the styles etc.

I get you want to give him time etc. But you’re comparing apples with oranges here, remove the red tinted specs for a minute or two.
Not really. I’m pointing out people reasoning against ole because he came from molde is balls. Judge him on the balance of what he does here, and don’t automatically blame him for something early in the job when people don’t really know the inside track.

There are no red tinted glasses involved. On balance, I like what ole is doing.

Unread 10-10-2019, 10:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Not really. I’m pointing out people reasoning against ole because he came from molde is balls. Judge him on the balance of what he does here, and don’t automatically blame him for something early in the job when people don’t really know the inside track.

There are no red tinted glasses involved. On balance, I like what ole is doing.
Fair play pal

Wish I did tbh, it would make all of this seem a bit more bearable if I felt there was actually someone at the club who knew what they were doing.
Closed Thread