United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-10-2019, 09:57 PM
armchair

I'm one of the biggest martial defenders on here. Saying most people thought he was shit when he was injured is a lie. Some people did/ Some people didn't.

So disingenuous to claim "most" without any proof

Unread 31-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yes, quite literally.

Disappointment is the way I'd sum it up. An ineffective, poisonous weight around our neck - not so much.
I don't think he's poisonous. I think he's wholly unarsed though. He knows his stock won't fall no matter what he does.

He'll be back when he's fit, he'll coast through the season, leave in the summer and go down as a hugely underwhelming signing that could have been so much more.

I don't hate him. He's not a bad egg IMO. Just a #@&%!.

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I don't think he's poisonous. I think he's wholly unarsed though. He knows his stock won't fall no matter what he does.

He'll be back when he's fit, he'll coast through the season, leave in the summer and go down as a hugely underwhelming signing that could have been so much more.

I don't hate him. He's not a bad egg IMO. Just a #@&%!.
Genuinely think his mental age is about 12 at best.

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:05 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Genuinely think his mental age is about 12 at best.
Harsh on me etc

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Harsh on me etc
Thought you might

Anyway glad we can resolve this whole argument by agreeing that Poggers is a £#%&!wit

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Thought you might

Anyway glad we can resolve this whole argument by agreeing that Poggers is a £#%&!wit
apology accepted, pol

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
Thought you might

A £#%&!wit who doesn’t want to play for the club. Anything else is irrelevant, unless you’re happy for the club to bend over, spread it’s arse cheeks and thank him for condescending to play here. I’m not.

Unread 31-10-2019, 11:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
A £#%&!wit who doesn’t want to play for the club. Anything else is irrelevant, unless you’re happy for the club to bend over, spread it’s arse cheeks and thank him for condescending to play here. I’m not.
Don't be daft. He's not leaving in November so what's totally relevant is what he can give us this season.

If he wants to leave next summer maybe he will. Or maybe like De Gea, Rooney & Ronaldo, we'll spread our cheeks once more

Unread 31-10-2019, 11:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
Don't be daft. He's not leaving in November so what's totally relevant is what he can give us this season.
I can help you out with that if you don’t feel like waiting; 30% effort, 12 new do’s, a library of dancing instagrams and the middle finger.

Enjoy.

Unread 01-11-2019, 02:10 AM
shenwen

No-one is 'pretending' that Pogba has been average for us. He has been average. If he was a kid from the academy we'd say he's done well. But he's a world cup winner (TM) and one of the most expensive signings in history. Given this context, he's been massively average.

Aside from winning on the internet, I can't see how this can be denied.

Unread 01-11-2019, 07:30 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
No-one is 'pretending' that Pogba has been average for us. He has been average. If he was a kid from the academy we'd say he's done well. But he's a world cup winner (TM) and one of the most expensive signings in history. Given this context, he's been massively average.

He's good when we're good. And his good is very good.

You could use Siders' Pogba argument for Lukaku. Doesn't have Pogba's talent but when he was good he was very effective. There is nobody in our squad who can do what he did. Yet nobody wants him back, he rendered himself a tad toxic and wanted to go.

It's a damn shame Paul Pogba wants to play elsewhere but whoever inherits him better be dominating their league or he'll be exposed.

Unread 01-11-2019, 08:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

I don't think we actually disagree much here; it's just a little quibble over semantics. I say he's been disappointing; others say average/mediocre/done nothing. But that's a bit of a misuse of the term. Pogba contributed 27 goals/assists last season I believe. He's one of the most talented players in the country and even in a letdown performance does things nobody else can.

He's many things; average isn't one of them.

Unread 01-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He's good when we're good. And his good is very good.
And when we've been bad he's been atrocious.

And we're bad more than often during an early rebuild period.

he's a luxury, which is nice, but he's also a corrupting influence.

Both him and lingard should be removed from the club imo. Both are clowns and the circus is over.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:08 AM
utd99

Quote:
I don't think we actually disagree much here; it's just a little quibble over semantics. I say he's been disappointing; others say average/mediocre/done nothing. But that's a bit of a misuse of the term. Pogba contributed 27 goals/assists last season I believe. He's one of the most talented players in the country and even in a letdown performance does things nobody else can.

He's many things; average isn't one of them.
I don’t think I’ve seen one person disagree with that, so I’m not sure why you feel the need to keep reiterating it. What’s dragging this on is not some “quibble over semantics”, It’s your point blank refusal to even acknowledge there’s a more pressing fact to this argument, and the constant accusations of scapegoating and prejudice.

Why can’t people just have an opinion and air it without some jab from you questioning their motives and making it about something else? The Sider’s approved list of players we and aren’t allowed to talk about is another personal favourite. We get it; you don’t like people criticising your pet players; well unlucky.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:15 AM
jem

pogba does one thing no one else can. waste his talent.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don’t think I’ve seen one person disagree with that, so I’m not sure why you feel the need to keep reiterating it. What’s dragging this on is not some “quibble over semantics”, It’s your point blank refusal to even acknowledge there’s a more pressing fact to this argument, and the constant accusations of scapegoating and prejudice.

Why can’t people just have an opinion and air it without some jab from you questioning their motives and making it about something else? The Sider’s approved list of players we and aren’t allowed to talk about is another personal favourite. We get it; you don’t like people criticising your pet players; well unlucky.
The pet player I said last night possesses the mental age of a 12-year-old and has been a disappointment?

It's definitely a semantics issue. People say he's average or been average when what they mean, as Shenwen said, is that they expect more relative to his talent. They expect him to be the best. Which is basically that he's a disappointment. He's far from average.

For God's sake let's leave it now.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Patty_b

I don't think anyone doubts Pogba's technical ability, it's the application that is non-existent.

Like Di Maria, no-one would've said that Di Maria wasn't one of the most technically gifted players in the Premier League while he was at the club. But his heart and head wasn't in it, and he wanted out of the club. Fine, £#%&! off then.

Pobga is worse than that imo. Di Maria just looked depressed; he never wanted to leave Madrid and he couldn't acclimatise to living in the UK, Pogba just comes across as a self-interested snake to me.

Get rid pronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
pogba does one thing no one else can. waste his talent.
This.

Unread 01-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
And when we've been bad he's been atrocious.

And we're bad more than often during an early rebuild period.

he's a luxury, which is nice, but he's also a corrupting influence.

Both him and lingard should be removed from the club imo. Both are clowns and the circus is over.
It's as simple as that.

I don't think he even fits our style of play anymore. Hasn't the engine/desire.

Much like Matic, he likes to hold off a player, turn, stand on the ball and assess his options - while catching his breath.

That's fine when the aim of the game is to dominate possession, and he's surrounded by fabulous footballers waiting to receive the ball. But as you say: that ain't us.

He also frequently loses possession trying to do what Matic does.

Unread 01-11-2019, 10:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
The pet player I said last night possesses the mental age of a 12-year-old and has been a disappointment?

It's definitely a semantics issue. People say he's average or been average when what they mean, as Shenwen said, is that they expect more relative to his talent. They expect him to be the best. Which is basically that he's a disappointment. He's far from average.

For God's sake let's leave it now.
Closed Thread