Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yes.

Likes, hashtags etc.
Fair enough. Modern football

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Would he really command 100 mil+? He’s been a flop since coming here, that’s pretty undeniable at this point too, even if you happen to rate the guy.
Said in the summer, we're looking at £60-70m tops for him atm. Need him to be playing and showing some form if we want more imo.

There's only 2 or 3 potential suitors, none of them really need him and he's not exactly set the World alight in his time here. Contract is ticking away...

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:22 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Said in the summer, we're looking at £60-70m tops for him atm. Need him to be playing and showing some form if we want more imo.

There's only 2 or 3 potential suitors, none of them really need him and he's not exactly set the World alight in his time here. Contract is ticking away...
Yup, only has 18 months left on his contract.

Will be out of here in the summer at the latest - hopefully January.

Didn't Madrid pay £150m for Hazard who only had a year left? We will at least get back the money we wasted on him.

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:25 PM
puressence

Quote:
It's a great song, nqat.
lifted

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yup, only has 18 months left on his contract.

Will be out of here in the summer at the latest - hopefully January.

Didn't Madrid pay £150m for Hazard who only had a year left? We will at least get back the money we wasted on him.
No. £80m-ish.

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:29 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
No. £80m-ish.
Incorrect.

€100m fee but could rise to €150m depending on bonuses.

People like to say we paid £58m for Martial (initial fee was only £36m) so it's fair to Madrid paid €150m for Hazard.

We will get €100m I reckon.

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Incorrect.

€100m fee but could rise to €150m depending on bonuses.

People like to say we paid £58m for Martial (initial fee was only £36m) so it's fair to Madrid paid €150m for Hazard.

We will get €100m I reckon.
In both cases, they aren't winning Balon d'Or, so the fee is the fee. £89m upfront for Hazard. We'd get less upfront and less on the never never for Pogba.

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Absolutely no consideration that Pogba into the team with Fred and The Scottish Player might actual improve us further? Or that he may just, actually, be genuinely injured?
If all we're considering is ability then there's no doubt we'd be better with Pogba instead of Lingard, Pereira or Mata, but I think it's clear Ole is trying to get a certain attitude back into the changing room and I'm not sure how you do that with a player who wants away - and let's be honest, no player does or says what he has unless he wants out.

Ability and attitude are two completely separate issues and I'm not sure why they keep getting blended in the case of PP. Messi could go to another team for the dough and play shit because he really doesn't want to be there, but he's still Lionel Messi.

Quote:
Most on here thought Martial was a coward that was swinging the lead, but now he's back, grafting and scoring and not a word...
It can't really be any other way though, can it? If a player has 50 shit games followed by 50 great ones, it doesn't mean those 50 shit games are erased from history. I wanted Martial out, but it was never a doubt over his ability, just his application. It was as clear as day he went through a protracted period of just mailing it in, and for me that's the biggest sin of all because work rate is the only aspect of the game you have complete control over and should be constant.

Keane said that "These players threw Mourinho under the bus and they'll do the same to Ole" and we all know who he was talking about: Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez and Martial; maybe some others. But ultimately we're United supporters, and if Martial turns it around, becomes the player he always should have been, and proves me wrong in the process, I'll be delighted.

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:53 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If all we're considering is ability then there's no doubt we'd be better with Pogba instead of Lingard, Pereira or Mata, but I think it's clear Ole is trying to get a certain attitude back into the changing room and I'm not sure how you do that with a player who wants away - and let's be honest, no player does or says what he has unless he wants out.

Ability and attitude are two completely separate issues and I'm not sure why they keep getting blended in the case of PP. Messi could go to another team for the dough and play shit because he really doesn't want to be there, but he's still Lionel Messi.
Spot on.

Unread 31-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Casanova85

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Would he really command 100 mil+? He’s been a flop since coming here, that’s pretty undeniable at this point too, even if you happen to rate the guy.
Well, World Cup champion less than two years ago + France NT Starting XI.

Unread 31-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Cream

Quote:
Who gives a shit? He has done £#%&! all in three and a half years and has wanted to leave for probably the best part of a year. He is a better player than The Scottish Player? So? Why would you want him here when he never gives 100%, we play better without him and is a toxic character in the dressing room? It's bizarre.

"He was out top scorer and assist maker last year..." will be your argument.

Good for him. Last year we were shit so he was the best of a bad bunch. Congratulations, Paul
And yet Luke Shaw managed to win POTY. Go figure.

Unread 31-10-2019, 03:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova85
He was dropped for a group game after an awful opener
Gave away a penalty.
No assists
1 goal.

Quote:
"If he had a different name on the back of his shirt, he would not be playing. He has not been at his level in this tournament."
There's an awful lot of shite that has won the world cup....

This fallacy that he's a world beater because he lifted the world cup and dabbed with Macron

He's an overated coward that isnt suited the premier League, £#%&! off...

Unread 31-10-2019, 04:06 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova85
Kleberson won a World Cup and he was gash...

Pogba didn't even play that well in the world cup.

Moot point.

Unread 31-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Cream

Unreliable is his middle name.

Literally.

Unread 31-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Switching Off

Final piece of the jigsaw.

Unread 31-10-2019, 05:08 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Final piece of the jigsaw.
For who?

Unread 31-10-2019, 06:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

It can't really be any other way though, can it? If a player has 50 shit games followed by 50 great ones, it doesn't mean those 50 shit games are erased from history. I wanted Martial out, but it was never a doubt over his ability, just his application. It was as clear as day he went through a protracted period of just mailing it in, and for me that's the biggest sin of all because work rate is the only aspect of the game you have complete control over and should be constant.

Keane said that "These players threw Mourinho under the bus and they'll do the same to Ole" and we all know who he was talking about: Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez and Martial; maybe some others. But ultimately we're United supporters, and if Martial turns it around, becomes the player he always should have been, and proves me wrong in the process, I'll be delighted.
Martial hasn’t changed in the slightest. It’s just now he’s back and scoring goals we can pretend he’s working harder. He didn’t throw Mourinho under the bus at all; Mourinho’s treatment of him was strange and if he’d utilised Martial and Rashford better he may still be in a job.

When Martial was injured he was an enemy, especially back end of last season. Same as Pogba and Shaw now. Guaranteed whenever we hit some form people will still find someone on the treatment table to whinge about.

Unread 31-10-2019, 06:35 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Martial hasn’t changed in the slightest. It’s just now he’s back and scoring goals we can pretend he’s working harder. He didn’t throw Mourinho under the bus at all; Mourinho’s treatment of him was strange and if he’d utilised Martial and Rashford better he may still be in a job.

When Martial was injured he was an enemy, especially back end of last season. Same as Pogba and Shaw now. Guaranteed whenever we hit some form people will still find someone on the treatment table to whinge about.
Indeed.

Unread 31-10-2019, 06:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He was dropped for a group game after an awful opener
Gave away a penalty.
No assists
1 goal.

There's an awful lot of shite that has won the world cup....

This fallacy that he's a world beater because he lifted the world cup and dabbed with Macron

He's an overated coward that isnt suited the premier League, £#%&! off...
Didn't know that one, even lower in my estimation now

Unread 31-10-2019, 06:57 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

So the excuse of the day is injuries now I take it?
And what has that got to do with thosr players being useless/ineffective /cannot be bothered when they play?
Still keep them for their potential?
Closed Thread