Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2020, 10:39 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It wont happen.

Ole is deffo getting the boot though.

Only way he can avoid that is to go on another amazing run of wins, otherwise its poch or allegri.
How do you know this/are so convinced oh wise one?

Unread 22-02-2020, 10:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
How do you know this/are so convinced oh wise one?
Wishful thinking.

Then by December he'd want Poch/Allegri out because some other @#%&! is available the worst type of United fans. Success, now. No build, no patience, just entitlement and demands.

Unread 22-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Medlock

Beaten Chelsea away x3, City x2, Tottenham, Arsenal etc. Nothing there to suggest he's building something or that with a few well-placed signings we could be more consistent?

Unread 22-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
Yet we are still in the mix for top 4...

Stuck his leg out? That’s your take on his United career?

Moyes inherited the champions and aspired to play like City, Ole has inherited the shittest united squad I can remember, assembled by three different managers with differing styles of play, supplemented by the vanity signings of a £#%&!wit

Because as managers they are all self-serving #@&%!s who wouldn’t have the guts to put themselves in the firing line for the long term good of the club like Ole is doing
Ole is an inexperienced manager from the Norwegian league and there are better managers around It's a fact that can't be disputed...

...However, given our current circumstances, with the squad that we have, the budget that we have, the piss poor chief executive that we have and the the owners that we have... he's actually the best person for the job; He knows what needs to be done, he knows that once he's done it, he'll need to step aside for someone else... and he does it gladly because he loves the club. Let him finish the job, then reward him and thank him for doing it when he leaves for whoever it will be in a few seasons time. He'll leave us in a much better position, overall, than when he joined.

Bookmark this and laugh at me when I'm proved wrong.

Unread 22-02-2020, 12:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Ole is an inexperienced manager from the Norwegian league and there are better managers around It's a fact that can't be disputed...

...However, given our current circumstances, with the squad that we have, the budget that we have, the piss poor chief executive that we have and the the owners that we have... he's actually the best person for the job; He knows what needs to be done, he knows that once he's done it, he'll need to step aside for someone else... and he does it gladly because he loves the club. Let him finish the job, then reward him and thank him for doing it when he leaves for whoever it will be in a few seasons time. He'll leave us in a much better position, overall, than when he joined.

That is essentially it. 4 solid signings with the future in mind, shedding the shit, bringing through the kids, some very good results against big teams and signs of what he's after moving forward... we need a constant, no chopping and changing, to build a base that doesn't require completely ripping up and starting again as soon as someone else comes in.

Unread 22-02-2020, 12:54 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! off Ole

£#%&! off Pogba

£#%&! off the Glazers

£#%&! off Woodward

The clubs utterly £#%&!ed and some shit eating grinned ex player aint fixing it.

When Pogba gets a new deal, fold the £#%&!ing club.

Unread 22-02-2020, 01:00 PM
razzle

Quote:

Hard to disagree with any of that

Unread 22-02-2020, 02:34 PM
AK14

Quote:

This.

Top post Albert.

Unread 22-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Why do people pretend he got the job because he's an ex player?

He got the emergency interim role because of that, but he got the job permanently for what he did WHILE IN THE JOB.

Whether that was the right call is another discussion, but he's 'ongoing' and will be assessed on what he does each season - just like all our managers.

Despite the number of managers we've gone through, I don't think we're looking to get rid of managers unless it seems untenable.

Ole is far from that. Results arent great, but there isn't that toxic feel like the end of Jose, Moyes and to a lesser extent LVG. The team is wildly inconsistent and short on quality, but there's a spirit there and I can't believe people can't see SOME good in what Ole is doing.

We just need to marry that with short term progress. Top 4/5 would represent that and I'll be surprised if he gets sacked if he gets CL football.

Unread 22-02-2020, 02:47 PM
shenwen

I was prepare to give up on him if we didn’t sign anyone but we did and we look better for it (early I know). Got to give Ole some credit for that. Add to this some of the players he’s shifted and I’d say that in the short time he’s been here we’ve looked better off the pitch than we did under previous managers. Need to see it translate better in terms of results, but I could easily be team Ole by the summer.

Unread 22-02-2020, 02:51 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

The thing is, no one is really bigging him up. With lvg, we had people every week telling us how unbelievably great he was despite the football being shit. No one’s doing that here. Everyone knows he’s probably more limited than other managers. Most simply know that the job is challenging, he’s making a fist of it and changing managers won’t fundamentally change anything.
Either way, we're £#%&!ed with these owners. At least with a top manager you have a chance of attracting better players and coaching existing turds.

Unread 22-02-2020, 02:52 PM
thatsfuctit

Agree with some of the sane posts above.

Ole may not be the answer, but he’s not the only problem by a long stretch, getting rid of him wouldn’t solve the other issues.

For all their lack of quality, the current squad do look together and arsed. we had some far less ‘likeable’ groups in recent times who’s attitudes have been a disgrace.

Easily pleased? no, realistic? Yes.

Unread 22-02-2020, 02:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I was prepare to give up on him if we didn’t sign anyone but we did and we look better for it (early I know). Got to give Ole some credit for that. Add to this some of the players he’s shifted and I’d say that in the short time he’s been here we’ve looked better off the pitch than we did under previous managers. Need to see it translate better in terms of results, but I could easily be team Ole by the summer.

Even if he isn't THE answer long-term, he can lay the foundations for something.

Not every appointment is the golden egg, it can be a stepping stone.

The issue with our managerial changes is not only the frequency, but also how completely contrasting they've been, usually coming into a broken squad with a completely different way of doing things.

No progression whatsoever.

I can't see Ole being a long-term answer, but he could leave the club better than he found it, with a youthful squad and a good spirit.

If he is the answer, then how sweet would it be?

Either way, leave him to it and let's see where we are in the summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Agree with some of the sane posts above.

Ole may not be the answer, but he’s not the only problem by a long stretch, getting rid of him wouldn’t solve the other issues.

For all their lack of quality, the current squad do look together and arsed. we had some far less ‘likeable’ groups in recent times who’s attitudes have been a disgrace.

Easily pleased? no, realistic? Yes.
Under Mourinho, the best we would ever be was a better version of what we were: functional, physical and cynical. Like all his teams.

He didnt seem to like being here and it wasnt something I ever wanted to see come to fruition. The idea of what he was doing was not appealing.

Ole is positive. He loves the club. Smirk, but that counts for something, to me. I don't want some boring #@&%! who thinks he's doing us favour.

He's sold big trees and misfits, he's trying to sign younger players with a hunger to grow. That's an idea I'm willing to invest more faith into, simply because I want to see it happen.

This isn't naive, because i'm not suggesting it will happen, but it's an idea we can get behind.

He will still be judged by the tangibles that any manager will, but he's an idea worth getting behind IMO.

Unread 22-02-2020, 03:06 PM
Red Santos

Knew Lukaku wanted to £#%&! off March last year. Sold him brought no one in to replace him

Pogba wanted out last summer, Ole wanted to keep him. Shit like that always works out well.. Should've £#%&!ed off that lanky piece of piss there and then!

Ran Rashford down to the ground till he literally broke his back carrying our attack. His favourite Peirerra playing Rashford that hospital pass which got him injured

Football is still dogshit

Unread 22-02-2020, 06:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
When Pogba gets a new deal, fold the £#%&!ing club.
That isn't happening, so you will have to put up with things for a bit longer I'm afraid

Unread 22-02-2020, 06:40 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That isn't happening, so you will have to put up with things for a bit longer I'm afraid

Ok mate

Unread 22-02-2020, 11:50 PM
ScarFace

Ole will be gone before pogba.

Unread 23-02-2020, 12:01 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Nobody will get rid. Ole will “step aside”
Could explain why we still don’t have a DOF

Unread 23-02-2020, 12:10 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
I think thats because they'll come in expecting the club to buy players and have a plan when the owners and woody are fine winging it and signing nobody.

Unread 23-02-2020, 12:14 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella

Express so probs bullshit

Hopefully anyway...

Allegri
Closed Thread