United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
How about some footballing ambition in a summer where city had walked the league and Liverpool got to the European cup final. Either back him in the summer or sack him before the summer and back the replacement manager. United gave us the worse of both worlds and we’re left with city and Liverpool fighting it out for the big prizes.

If city’s owners took the same attitude, city wouldn’t be where they are now, given the players guardiola signed and then wanted to replace the following summer.
Stop making sense, Dodgerers

Unread 18-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Jose started to derail after the it was too late to recruit a new manager. It was already preseason. and he had just come 2nd a few months previous.

let's be honest, it was a difficult situation for anyone to manage.

Without the benefit of hindsight, would any of you really sacked him last August?

Unread 18-03-2019, 08:47 AM
puressence

teddy sheringham on the beeb yesterday millwall v brighton game .. ive been told oles been given the job already

Unread 18-03-2019, 08:57 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
How about some footballing ambition in a summer where city had walked the league and Liverpool got to the European cup final. Either back him in the summer or sack him before the summer and back the replacement manager. United gave us the worse of both worlds and we’re left with city and Liverpool fighting it out for the big prizes.

If city’s owners took the same attitude, city wouldn’t be where they are now, given the players guardiola signed and then wanted to replace the following summer.
Harry Maguire, Perisic etc is not footballing ambition.

He should have been sacked straight after his display of "footballing ambition" against Sevilla.

Unread 18-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
teddy sheringham on the beeb yesterday millwall v brighton game .. ive been told oles been given the job already

Amazing what you learn when you’re having your tints done

Unread 18-03-2019, 09:23 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Amazing what you learn when you’re having your tints done
tbh you already have a fine pair

Unread 18-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Unread 18-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Jose started to derail after the it was too late to recruit a new manager. It was already preseason. and he had just come 2nd a few months previous.

let's be honest, it was a difficult situation for anyone to manage.

Without the benefit of hindsight, would any of you really sacked him last August?
Thinking he was the wrong man for the job and I wasn’t prepared to back him, yes obviously. It’s the logical choice for someone with footballing ambition motivating them.

Clearly the club decided not to sign 3 of his targets prior to the summer even starting. Mourinho’s reponse to that would have been entirely predictable. Woodward and the Glazers created the dynamics and then let them play out. They have zero footballing ambition to the extent even Liverpool and city doing well caused barely a stir in the boardroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Harry Maguire, Perisic etc is not footballing ambition.

He should have been sacked straight after his display of "footballing ambition" against Sevilla.
Which is part of what I said. They created the dynamics and let it fester, content with the idea Liverpool and city would likely be the clubs fighting it out if we didn’t push on during the summer.

Quote:
In which case, the players’ response to that isn’t exactly promising.

Unread 18-03-2019, 01:13 PM
sa7

Quote:
Brains of a fish

Unread 18-03-2019, 04:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Thinking he was the wrong man for the job and I wasn’t prepared to back him, yes obviously. It’s the logical choice for someone with footballing ambition motivating them.

Clearly the club decided not to sign 3 of his targets prior to the summer even starting. Mourinho’s reponse to that would have been entirely predictable. Woodward and the Glazers created the dynamics and then let them play out. They have zero footballing ambition to the extent even Liverpool and city doing well caused barely a stir in the boardroom.

Which is part of what I said. They created the dynamics and let it fester, content with the idea Liverpool and city would likely be the clubs fighting it out if we didn’t push on during the summer.

In which case, the players’ response to that isn’t exactly promising.

Unread 18-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Give it up dunk. It’s sad and more than a little bit embarrassing for you.

Unread 18-03-2019, 04:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Give it up dunk. It’s sad and more than a little bit embarrassing for you.
For me

Unread 18-03-2019, 06:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Sounds like a 100% legit reliable source to me.

Unread 18-03-2019, 09:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
For me
Yes. No amount of bravado will disguise the fact.

Unread 18-03-2019, 10:01 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes. No amount of bravado will disguise the fact.
Ok pal.

Keep skrieking about your manager not being allowed to spend whatever he wanted however he wanted no matter how badly he was managing those he bought.

Unread 18-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Ok pal.

Keep skrieking about your manager not being allowed to spend whatever he wanted however he wanted no matter how badly he was managing those he bought.
There you go again. Embarrassing.

Unread 18-03-2019, 10:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
There you go again. Embarrassing.
It’s not me doing it pal. It’s you doing it to yourself

Unread 18-03-2019, 10:19 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sounds like a 100% legit reliable source to me.
Shared the clubs greatest ever moment obviously you won’t know what I’m talking about

Unread 18-03-2019, 11:30 PM
S/Side.Red

The thing about this interim is it's a £#%&!ing long one. Just as those first few months did everything to put Ole in the driving seat, if we continue playing as we have in the last few games it could come undone.

Worrying that the performance levels of Pogba, Martial and Rashy are declining again.

Beyond all the physiological management, Ole is perhaps going to need to show a more structured United. We look a mess right now.

Unread 19-03-2019, 12:14 AM
utd99

Quote:
Shared the clubs greatest ever moment obviously you won’t know what I’m talking about
Your flounce?
Closed Thread