United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2019, 12:30 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

He should be getting the bout. the absolute chancer.
Yep. Imagine being responsible for spending £50m plus (guesses) £250k a week for four years on a building at work, and then realising the roof leaks, the heating is bust and there are no floors in it.

You'd make your own £#%&!ing sword, let alone fall on the bastard.

Unread 06-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The only things I can’t answer are you wild suppositions.
I didn’t ask you to. I asked you to point out what wasn’t factual.

Woodward gave mourinho a contract extension towards the end of January.
United didn’t sign a number of transfer targets for certain positions in the summer, because the leak claims they weren’t suitable for united.
Mourinho spat his dummy out.

Quote:
So we’ll simply go around in circles forever as there are no facts re: the actual date and contents of the ‘list’ of transfer targets......You will literally just continue to dream up boardroom conversations and situations of Woodward rejecting Mourinho’s calls for the rest of time in a ‘I’ll shout the loudest and eventually he’ll give in’ power play, when in reality you have no idea.
We don’t need dates. Just some common sense and critical thinking. To absolve woodward of blame and accept his version of events that the lack of transfer activity during the summer was down to mourinho’s targets not being suitable, you have to believe Woodward sat there for at least 4 or 5 months with the original list of targets without bothering to discuss the issue with mourinho and tell him he should pick alternatives if he wanted any more signings. You’re apparently happy to accept that belief because you want to accept the excuse players weren’t signed because mourinho’s targets were unsuitable. This is because you’re incapable of critical thought where Mourinho is concerned.

Quote:
Instead of rejoicing in the removal of Mourinho, the installaing of Solskjaer and the upturn in performance and results you have just constantly span rhetoric about Woodward to suit your narrative. Crack on lad. Do you.
What the £#%&! has Ole got to do with the competence of those above him? Those structural issues will hamper his plans, and possibly £#%&! up his medium term future. It’s the biggest threat to him being our manager for years.

Quote:

“Now the club is working on the players they want to bring in in the summer, and I've been a part of a couple of those.”
Look at that dunk. The club working on summer targets at the start of March and probably earlier. Who’d have thought it.

Unread 06-03-2019, 12:49 PM
dunk

I think you'll find all of my thinking on Mourinho is critcal tbh pal

There's myriad options on the transfer thing. How do you know that Mourinho didn't change his list last minute? How do you know that Woodward and Mourinho agreed on a transfer strategy pre-contract signing, all hunky dory, then afterwards changed his mind and presented a list of players he wanted that the club didn't agree with? Maybe, just maybe, plentiful discussions on the issue were the problem rather than lack of, as you are absolutely determined to project. Point is we'll never know, and the only thoughts on the subject allowed are yours.

If anyone isn't capable of critical thinking pal, it's you.

Bored now. Go about your business.

Unread 06-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
There's myriad options on the transfer thing. How do you know that Mourinho didn't change his list last minute? How do you know that Woodward and Mourinho agreed on a transfer strategy pre-contract signing, all hunky dory, then afterwards changed his mind and presented a list of players he wanted that the club didn't agree with?
And Woodward never bothered to tell him the list wasn’t suitable at any time? Just let the window pass by and then leak the fact.

Quote:
Maybe, just maybe, plentiful discussions on the issue were the problem rather than lack of, as you are absolutely determined to project.
Mourinho said throughout summer he gave his list prior to summer and is awaiting news from Woodward on the deals. But of course, that can be ignored whereas the info in the leak can’t be.

There was a credible report about how the glazers had instructed no more signings could be made until players had been sold. And we know Woodward failed to sell darmien and rojo.

You’ll also be aware there were credible reports elsewhere how mourinho was going mental because woodward was giving him the runaround and avoiding meetings.

But these can be ignored because you want to believe the leak putting the blame onto mourinho for wanting unsuitable targets, to such an extent you’ve just made up a load of hypothetical situations based on no reports whatsoever, credible or otherwise.

Ole being manager isn’t going to make woodward competent in this aspect of his job. I want ole to succeed and be here 20 years. The structure above Ole is a big threat to that.

Unread 06-03-2019, 12:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
I think you'll find all of my thinking on Mourinho is critcal tbh pal

There's myriad options on the transfer thing. How do you know that Mourinho didn't change his list last minute? How do you know that Woodward and Mourinho agreed on a transfer strategy pre-contract signing, all hunky dory, then afterwards changed his mind and presented a list of players he wanted that the club didn't agree with? Maybe, just maybe, plentiful discussions on the issue were the problem rather than lack of, as you are absolutely determined to project. Point is we'll never know, and the only thoughts on the subject allowed are yours.

If anyone isn't capable of critical thinking pal, it's you.

Bored now. Go about your business.
When the hate don't work they start telling lies - Romelu Lukaku.

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...914205187?s=21

Absolute state of that gargoyle and his pony tail. Looks like one of Gary oldman’s costumes in Bram Stokers Dracula. Surprised he didn’t burst into flames being out In daylight.
Who was the woman in that vid? Glazer’s wife or the infamous Darcy? She had the unique look of a glazer family member.

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:12 PM
saffers

Jammy absolutely taking dunky to the woodshed again.

Nothing against you dunk brother but come on, accept Jammy is on the right side of that debate. Swallow your pride!!

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:19 PM
dunk

Really?

So Mourinho hasn't got a long and varied history of falling out with the hierarchy at clubs over transfers? He didn't get everything he asked for in his first 2 windows, by his own admission, with the exception of Perisic?

I think you'll find you both need to re-think this.

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:20 PM
andyroo

Woodward and Mourinho are both @#%&!s

Occam's Razor

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Woodward and Mourinho are both @#%&!s

Occam's Razor
The truest statement on the matter tbf.

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Really?

So Mourinho hasn't got a long and varied history of falling out with the hierarchy at clubs over transfers? He didn't get everything he asked for in his first 2 windows, by his own admission, with the exception of Perisic?

I think you'll find you both need to re-think this.
Flip side of that is all three permanent managers since Fergie had problems with Woodward and transfers.

It’s a pointless discussion though because both Mou and Woodward were to blame for the mess last summer.

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:35 PM
andyroo

More to the point, Ole needs more support than he's probably going to get

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Flip side of that is all three permanent managers since Fergie had problems with Woodward and transfers.

It’s a pointless discussion though because both Mou and Woodward were to blame for the mess last summer.
There is that, but as pointed out, Mou got all the signings that he wanted, by his own admission, in the first 2 windows..

Woodward is an accountant and negotiator, but so was Gill. He's probably learning the job as much as anyone else. I don't think many are ready made football club CEO's prepared to step into the murky World of transfers.

And then there is the question of who managers have asked for.. didn't LVG want Muller and Robben from Munich? Moyes wanted Bale.. some deals aren't possible.

Woodward is an easy target to blame for Mou's ills. They were all his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
More to the point, Ole needs more support than he's probably going to get
This is true. We definitely need someone football savvy working above him.

Unread 06-03-2019, 01:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
There is that, but as pointed out, Mou got all the signings that he wanted, by his own admission, in the first 2 windows..

Woodward is an accountant and negotiator, but so was Gill. He's probably learning the job as much as anyone else. I don't think many are ready made football club CEO's prepared to step into the murky World of transfers.

And then there is the question of who managers have asked for.. didn't LVG want Muller and Robben from Munich? Moyes wanted Bale.. some deals aren't possible.

Woodward is an easy target to blame for Mou's ills. They were all his own.

This is true. We definitely need someone football savvy working above him.
Van Gaal also (apparently) asked for Mane and was told no?

We shouldn’t accept someone ‘learning on the job’ in that role though and if that is the case then the structure should be there to help him, but it isn’t and I’m not hopeful he’s willing to get the help.

As it stands there’s no evidence that things on that side of it will be any different under Ole and that is a worry.

As soon as Mourinho was stopped being backed and started throwing shade about the place he should have been removed as manager, the fact it went on for as long as it did was on Woodward and the board.

Unread 06-03-2019, 02:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Van Gaal also (apparently) asked for Mane and was told no?

We shouldn’t accept someone ‘learning on the job’ in that role though and if that is the case then the structure should be there to help him, but it isn’t and I’m not hopeful he’s willing to get the help.

As it stands there’s no evidence that things on that side of it will be any different under Ole and that is a worry.

As soon as Mourinho was stopped being backed and started throwing shade about the place he should have been removed as manager, the fact it went on for as long as it did was on Woodward and the board.
But he got Memphis and Martial

Can you really bring in a ready made CEO to run United? Not sure you can. Think they've all been promoted form within since before Gill and all have learned on the job. You'd have to say it doesn't look ideal, but they could hardly poach Levy could they?

The only thing I can think in keeping Mou on for as long as they did would be that they were hoping he'd sort his head out

Unread 06-03-2019, 02:09 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Can you really bring in a ready made CEO to run United? Not sure you can. Think they've all been promoted form within since before Gill and all have learned on the job. You'd have to say it doesn't look ideal, but they could hardly poach Levy could they?

The only thing I can think in keeping Mou on for as long as they did would be that they were hoping he'd sort his head out
We bought in a ready made manager.

Unread 06-03-2019, 02:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We bought in a ready made manager.
Came through the ranks, really.

Unread 06-03-2019, 02:32 PM
AK14

Quote:

So what If we did sign those two?

Fact is all three managers have in one way or another fallen out with Woodward and had things to say about him after they left.

No, but you could take the footballing decisions out of his hands if he’s clearly struggling with them, which he is. Trouble is it looks like he likes playing championship manager with us and thinks he knows better than the managers?

I think they were hoping he’d quit, they tried to make it as uncomfortable as possible for him but overlooked the fact he’s a stubborn £#%&!er.

The summer will be interesting to see whether Ole has the same issues, fingers crossed things have been learnt over the last few years.

Unread 06-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

He should be getting the bout. the absolute chancer.

Unread 06-03-2019, 10:58 PM
My Name is Heath

In tears.

Just make him manager now.

£#%&!ing legendary game.

Ole Ole Ole Ole
Closed Thread