Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:04 AM
waynes ear's

i hope he leaves the club soon

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial

Utterly barmy and yet you know the next time he gets one he'll have some daft celebration.
and whatever corner of the ground he runs to with this celebration, there will be #@&%! upon #@&%! who will lap it up.

he can't be far off being on the same path as Cleverley.

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:17 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
New contract by tomorrow - or Bayern by Friday.

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:03 AM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
I doubt any championship club would want him tbh.

Unread 01-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Patty_b

Neville made the point last night that he almost feels sorry for Lingard, and that he should be a No.17 or 19, and not a No.8.

He's absolutely right imo. The majority of me wants to get rid of him and erase him from the record books, but he could be a decent option off the bench.

He does have a lot of energy and get about the pitch, and coming on when some legs are tired and the opposition have settled over the course of the game his mindless running about might not be so mindless, he might actually have something to give if used in the right situation.

But he should never, ever start, unless maybe it's against the Dog & Duck in the league cup or Kazakhstan's finest in Europe.

Unread 01-10-2019, 12:41 PM
utd99

He’s not a “decent option” for anything; to be a “decent option” for something you have to first be “decent” at something. People only say that because they feel bad that he’s an academy product who hasn’t made it here so if they can just stick him on the bench it’ll make them feel better than just handing him his papers and telling him to £#%&! off; but he’s a failure - not the first, and not the last, but just another failure.

The fact that he’s conned so many people for so long with simple work ethic is shocking. It’s testimony to how horribly bad we are in other areas of the team that he’s been able to slide by for so long simply by not being the most pressing problem. He IS the most pressing problem though, because we don’t score any £#%&!ing goals.

Unread 01-10-2019, 12:52 PM
believe

The problem with what Neville was saying is that he was talking about in a comparison with the teams he played in. We’ve had plenty of players like Lingard over the years but we could afford them to shine at doing the basics because they had everything else around them. Now, and this where you’ve got to feel slightly sorry for him, he’s expected to almost lead and carry the team something he’s clearly not capable of. That also applies to almost every other player in the squad.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The problem with what Neville was saying is that he was talking about in a comparison with the teams he played in. We’ve had plenty of players like Lingard over the years but we could afford them to shine at doing the basics because they had everything else around them. Now, and this where you’ve got to feel slightly sorry for him, he’s expected to almost lead and carry the team something he’s clearly not capable of. That also applies to almost every other player in the squad.
There’s a massive difference between being expected to “carry the team” and simply contribute positively to the team - help make us better. Absolutely no-one is expecting him to “carry the team”. Nor does he shine at the basics, unless the basics is just running and nothing else. The basics for someone who plays in his position requires smart play that creates space, doing the unexpected, accurate inventive passing and the ability to finish the opportunities that come your way; all the things we take for granted Liverpool and City’s forwards are going to do every game.

Tell the truth, when you see him lined up for this team do you really expect him to do anything of note that might win us a game of football? Outside of that, what are we really talking about here? It’s time we properly pulled the curtain back on this chancer, because while people like this are still playing for United we’ll continue to be a £#%&!ing joke.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:08 PM
believe

That’s kind of my point. At the minute every single player is expected to do something more than they’re capable of because we haven’t actually got the players who are capable of anything spectacular. If you take Phil Neville as a comparison, he had a pretty good career at United without actually contributing anything because he didn’t have to. If he was playing in this team we’d be expecting more of him and he’d be getting the same level of criticism Lingard is getting now.

I’m not excusing Lingard in any way, I’ve never been a fan but he’s basically part of the same problem we’ve had for seven years.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:12 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
There’s a massive difference between being expected to “carry the team” and simply contribute positively to the team - help make us better. Absolutely no-one is expecting him to “carry the team”. Nor does he shine at the basics, unless the basics is just running and nothing else. The basics for someone who plays in his position requires smart play that creates space, doing the unexpected, accurate inventive passing and the ability to finish the opportunities that come your way; all the things we take for granted Liverpool and City’s forwards are going to do every game.

Tell the truth, when you see him lined up for this team do you really expect him to do anything of note that might win us a game of football? Outside of that, what are we really talking about here? It’s time we properly pulled the curtain back on this chancer, because while people like this are still playing for United we’ll continue to be a £#%&!ing joke.
He's been effective in the past, and still is at times for Country when he robs a place in the England squad.

I don't think anyone is saying that he should ever start for us or be anything close to a key player. But I personally think we could get more out of him if he is used in the last 20 - 30 minutes of game, and if we could get more out of him by using him as a fringe squad player, then why not do that instead of £#%&!ing him off altogether.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
That’s kind of my point. At the minute every single player is expected to do something more than they’re capable of because we haven’t actually got the players who are capable of anything spectacular. If you take Phil Neville as a comparison, he had a pretty good career at United without actually contributing anything because he didn’t have to. If he was playing in this team we’d be expecting more of him and he’d be getting the same level of criticism Lingard is getting now.

I’m not excusing Lingard in any way, I’ve never been a fan but he’s basically part of the same problem we’ve had for seven years.
Phil Neville contributed very positively, very consistently to a very mediocre Everton side for years.

Look, simply put if you expect absolutely nothing from any player who regularly pulls on that shirt then he shouldn’t be at the club, if for no other reason than he’s taking up the spot of someone who might if given the chance. Seriously, what do we have to lose at this point?

Unread 02-10-2019, 02:37 PM
ScarFace

Former Wolverhampton Wanderes manager Ståle Solbakken, who is currently managing FC Copenhagen has launched a scathing attack on Lingard.

“I can’t remember the last time he played a good match. He really is an Achilles heel for that Manchester United team,” Solbakken told TV2.

“He is supposed to be in the space, feeding the striker with smart passes, run from deep positions, have an important and free role. However, he never combines with his teammates or makes those deep runs.”

Lingard was replaced by Fred in the second half during United’s 1-1 draw against Arsenal on Monday and Solbakken was critical over his role at the club.

“When he was replaced, I wondered ‘did you see him?’ It’s not the first time. I can’t see his personality or what he’s adding. He is not a player Solskjaer can have in a central role in the long term,” he explained.

Unread 02-10-2019, 03:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Former Wolverhampton Wanderes manager Ståle Solbakken, who is currently managing FC Copenhagen has launched a scathing attack on Lingard.

“I can’t remember the last time he played a good match. He really is an Achilles heel for that Manchester United team,” Solbakken told TV2.

“He is supposed to be in the space, feeding the striker with smart passes, run from deep positions, have an important and free role. However, he never combines with his teammates or makes those deep runs.”

Lingard was replaced by Fred in the second half during United’s 1-1 draw against Arsenal on Monday and Solbakken was critical over his role at the club.

“When he was replaced, I wondered ‘did you see him?’ It’s not the first time. I can’t see his personality or what he’s adding. He is not a player Solskjaer can have in a central role in the long term,” he explained.
Hallelujah.

Get him in..

Unread 03-10-2019, 04:03 PM
waynes ear's

not included in the England squad. Shame he keeps getting into the United squad.

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
not included in the England squad. Shame he keeps getting into the United squad.
Everyone’s gradually wising up mate.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:06 PM
armchair

looking forward to his winter ham-string collection

Unread 03-10-2019, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

His reputation literally sinks further with every game, pretty amazing consistency really

Unread 05-10-2019, 05:34 AM
Part 36 Offer

Can't stand the sight of this useless piece of £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 05-10-2019, 06:24 AM
Stickman

Should have went 4 years ago ffs

He’ll retire here the #@&%!

Unread 05-10-2019, 06:26 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Should have went 4 years ago ffs

He’ll retire here the #@&%!
He's on millions a year, plays for his boyhood club despite his clear £#%&!ing limitations and still the @#%&! never smiles and just concentrates on shite hats, haircuts and crappy hand signals! what a useless £#%&!ing @#%&!!!
Closed Thread