United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Sloane

Default Re: *Official* United v Spurs Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Redknapp's threatening to throw all the toys out of the pram if he's charged, the £#%&!ing melty faced twitching @#%&!
what toys?

Unread 01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
borsuk

Talking Re: *Official* United v Spurs Thread - Teams, Links and Value

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ur/9145368.stm

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
how original. fergie copy cat

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
What's he said?
wooooy oooooiii savelooooooy

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melty faced twitcherthon
The Football Association will decide on Tuesday whether to charge Redknapp for his comments after Spurs' 2-0 defeat.
"Good luck to them if they want to make an issue of what I said, then I'll make some issues as well," said Redknapp.
"Don't expect me to come out on the TV any more, ever, and speak to the press after the game, because I won't do it."

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
wooooy oooooiii savelooooooy

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Baron

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Ginners

should be knighted

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Unread 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM
red in cumbria

There's only one Harry, and thank God for that

Unread 01-11-2010, 11:05 PM
The Watcher

I like Harry Redknapp, always builds teams that go out and try to play proper football. Showed a lot of faith in the youth coming through at West Ham when he was there too. Good manager imo, country could do with a few more like him and a few less like Megson or Allardyce.

I've a lot of sympathy with his argument too. On the one hand the FA, Premier League and broadcasters want access to managers and players straight after the game. But on the odd occasion any of them say anything remotely interesting, they get fines and touchline bans. It's ridiculous.

Gareth Bale can get £#%&!ed. "sportsmanship" Teach your £#%&!ing clown of a keeper to play to the whistle you £#%&!ing £#%&!er.

Unread 01-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v Spurs Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
I like Harry Redknapp, always builds teams that go out and try to play proper football. Showed a lot of faith in the youth coming through at West Ham when he was there too. Good manager imo, country could do with a few more like him and a few less like Megson or Allardyce.

I've a lot of sympathy with his argument too. On the one hand the FA, Premier League and broadcasters want access to managers and players straight after the game. But on the odd occasion any of them say anything remotely interesting, they get fines and touchline bans. It's ridiculous.

Gareth Bale can get £#%&!ed. "sportsmanship" Teach your £#%&!ing clown of a keeper to play to the whistle you £#%&!ing £#%&!er.
Spot on that. I don't think Redknapp will get fined anyway, he said nothing bad. 'Farcical' is hardly calling the ref a '£#%&!ing cheating @#%&!'.

Unread 01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Cracks me up that gif

Unread 01-11-2010, 11:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Tbf, I largely agree about the football. It is what might euphemistically be referred to as "extraneous" matters that are the real problem with 'Arry. Just ask Portsmouth fans, for instance......

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

agreed. i have always liked redknapp but he has seen his arse here.

bale can £#%&! off indeed; he'll be wearing a united shirt next season though

Unread 02-11-2010, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
agreed. i have always liked redknapp but he has seen his arse here.

bale can £#%&! off indeed; he'll be wearing a united shirt next season though
Very much doubt that given how much he'd cost.

Unread 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Very much doubt that given how much he'd cost.
didnt say he would be playing for us did I

Unread 02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Leeds or Newcastle?

Unread 02-11-2010, 10:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Ooooh, clever.

Unread 02-11-2010, 07:35 PM
taff

blindin' news.....'arry won't be charged

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/9151607.stm

Quote:
Harry Redknapp has escaped punishment for describing Manchester United winger Nani's goal on Saturday as "a farce".

The Football Association will take no formal action against the Tottenham boss for his criticism of referee Mark Clattenburg after Spurs' 2-0 defeat.

Redknapp, who has received a warning, had threatened to stop doing post-match interviews if had been sanctioned.

"Don't expect me to come out on the TV any more and speak to the press after the game, because I won't," he said.

With Manchester United leading 1-0, and six minutes of the match remaining, Nani slotted past Heurelho Gomes with the Spurs keeper looking on, believing he had lined up a free-kick after the winger's handball.

However, referee Mark Clattenburg allowed the goal as he had not awarded Spurs a free-kick.

After the game Redknapp said Clattenburg had had a "nightmare" with Nani's goal and on Monday the Spurs boss repeated his accusation that the referee and his officials colluded to get their story straight.

"When they get in their room, and I've said it before, that they would always make sure that they sing from the same hymn sheet," said the 63-year-old Redknapp, whose Spurs side face Inter Milan in the Champions League on Tuesday.

"Mr Clattenburg, in private, has said to somebody that I know, for a fact, that he made a mess, really. When the reports go in, all the assistants back up Mark Clattenburg.

"They all get together and make a decision - it's a fact. If it's a fact which people don't like, what can I do about that? It's a fact."
FA terrified the twitchy @#%&! won't do his bit for the cameras. best fackin' league in the world, etc.