United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-02-2010, 10:47 AM
magic_cantona

Default Re: OFFICIAL: United v Portsmouth thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'd say Rio in for Vidic tbh. Evans has been very good again this season. Other than that, I agree with that team. Although 4 weeks ago, Nani wouldn't have got anywhere near our reserves!
Evans has been superb.Would have him alongside Rio, deffo.And would always have Rafael at RB.

I'm having a Holocaust with regards to Scholes and should learn my lesson about writing him off.He might have an off-day, but usually comes back in with a sublime performance.And Giggs can be quiet, and you might think (as lots have) "He needs to come off, now!" and then he'll produce a ball, a cross or a bit of magic that only him or Scholes can from midfield - so I agree that the strongest side is with Giggs or Scholes on a rotation.

It's the forward's that is more complicated for me.I really rate Berbs, always have.But we do seem to look more fluid with a front 3 of Nani - Wazza - Vallers and Park is an able replacement for either winger imo.

Unread 07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Baron

Bit of a bonus, mate called me Friday night with a spare so ended up getting up to see it - got to say, Pompey are one of the poorest sides I've ever seen (& unluckiest ) but even with us playing in 2nd or 3rd gear we strolled it. Plenty of G&G around, even in their support... might have explained why a few got marched out by the old bill / stewards?

Difficult to really pick anyone out, just delighted to see us continue to score goals - 18 more now than at this time last season, and the likes of Carrick having a pop from distance. I sincerely think I could have scored against them yesterday mind...

Unread 07-02-2010, 04:35 PM
red in cumbria

Portsmouth *were* shite, but we shouldn't forget that "unstoppable" Chelski laboured to a home win against them fairly recently

Unread 07-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Zorg

I see that shit @#%&! Rooney did nothing again.

Unread 07-02-2010, 09:54 PM
MUFC One Love

Wednesday is a huge game imo. If we win at Villa then we have a great chance of winning the league. The momentum will be there.

Unread 08-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Part 36 Offer

villa game is on live over here at 6.45 am on thursday morning so will be up again for that. not as pissed as during pompey though

arsenal were toothless yet again. I honeslty thought they could have got a draw on sunday.

Anyway Chelsea will drop points we just need to keep winning our games.

Got a bit sun burnt on my feet today ffs

Unread 08-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
villa game is on live over here at 6.45 am on thursday morning so will be up again for that. not as pissed as during pompey though

arsenal were toothless yet again. I honeslty thought they could have got a draw on sunday.

Anyway Chelsea will drop points we just need to keep winning our games.

Got a bit sun burnt on my feet today ffs
where are you mate? Im in sydney and desperate to catch this one...

Unread 08-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
where are you mate? Im in sydney and desperate to catch this one...
avoca beach mate (hour north of sydney) but am in bondi on the piss on weds night so will be watching at my mates. Its on fox sports 3. It should be on in loads of bars. I'll have a word and post on here before the game when I know a few places that are showing it.

top sydney greens

Unread 08-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
avoca beach mate (hour north of sydney) but am in bondi on the piss on weds night so will be watching at my mates. Its on fox sports 3. It should be on in loads of bars. I'll have a word and post on here before the game when I know a few places that are showing it.

top sydney greens
thanks for the info. We're hitting Manley beach tomorrow and Bondai wed or thurs. Some place this And the woman

edit - get in, got fox 3 in our hotel room

Unread 08-02-2010, 10:18 AM
PaulParkers

Exclamation Re: OFFICIAL: United v Portsmouth thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm having a Holocaust with regards to Scholes and should learn my lesson about writing him off.

It's the forward's that is more complicated for me.I really rate Berbs, always have.But we do seem to look more fluid with a front 3 of Nani - Wazza - Vallers
Agree with all that.

Unread 08-02-2010, 02:29 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
thanks for the info. We're hitting Manley beach tomorrow and Bondai wed or thurs. Some place this And the woman

edit - get in, got fox 3 in our hotel room
Manly Beach is brilliant.

Unread 08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Manly Beach is brilliant.
that's where i stayed when i was over there.

£#%&!in loved it.

nft.