United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:41 AM
violater

Default Ronaldo wants £160,000 a week?

according to the news of the world...

so is this the club leaking this to the press in an attempt to save face when he leaves this summer by saying "we cant be held to ransom etc etc" ?

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:45 AM
shadowplay

It is a ridiculous,no doubt bullshit piece of journalism

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Crumps

it is a £#%&!ing Murdoch lie but tbh if he wanted it i'd give it him.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:47 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
It is a ridiculous,no doubt bullshit piece of journalism
what didnt make sense is that real madrid and barcelonw will not pay £45m for the lad and then pay him something like £160,000 a week as well?

that would be £85m odd for the lad if he signed a 5 year day...

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Spiffy

Look how quickly we turned on Ruud when it was decided to cash in on him.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:49 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
tbh if he wanted it i'd give it him.

it would be like paying the normal £100,000 and then scraping players like smith and giving his wages to ronaldo.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:50 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
different scenarios me thinks...

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Ruud should have been £#%&!ed off the year before as should have paddy McRent-a-quote though.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:52 AM
tatty

Even astronomical demands can be dressed up as the going rate nowadays and to be honest he's every right to demand to be in the top 5 earners in Europe.

It's the easiest way out for everybody.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:53 AM
violater

if ronaldo wanted sat £120,000 a week and it was a fabregas like deal-8 years-. id get it signed but £160,000 is pushing it despite me always being his no.1 fan...(i was called a ronaldo's boyfriend on the sanctuary )

hope the lad stays though but this does look quite smear campaign like.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Ruud should have been £#%&!ed off the year before as should have paddy McRent-a-quote though.
Maybe but we have some spin machine at OT. They're happy to let us hear the bad things aren't they? How did the story of Keane slagging the players off get out? Ruud asking for a transfer? Who's to say Rooney didn't want £160K initially and then settled for £100k? We want to keep him for the moment so the contract discussion was kept confidential.

Do you trust the powers at be in OT to be completely honourable and above board when dealing with the fans? Of course not.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Ether

From that NOTW link

Quote:
while Stamford Bridge skipper John Terry is finalising a new £150,000-a-week deal.
The world has gone £#%&!ing mental. Ronnie deserves twice whatever that cokehead Chuckle brother @#%&! is getting.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:55 AM
violater

i just hope ronaldo stays...

after watching today and knowing scholes and giggs will not be around or as poperly effective in 18 months i dont think we can afford to let go our most talented player..

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Maybe but we have some spin machine at OT. They're happy to let us hear the bad things aren't they? How did the story of Keane slagging the players off get out? Ruud asking for a transfer? Who's to say Rooney didn't want £160K initially and then settled for £100k? We want to keep him for the moment so the contract discussion was kept confidential.

Do you trust the powers at be in OT to be completely honourable and above board when dealing with the fans? Of course not.
Keano did that though in the press of his own accord and broke the actual wage structure in the first place. Ruud was finished as a footballer* the season before he left imo.

* you know what I mean.

We need to keep the best players by all means possible.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:58 AM
violater

another thing is... we never missed ruud and keane and would not be where we are now if they were in the team..

we also.....
would not be where we are now if ronaldo wasnt in the team.
our top scorer as well.

Unread 11-02-2007, 02:58 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

The world has gone £#%&!ing mental. Ronnie deserves twice whatever that cokehead Chuckle brother @#%&! is getting.
Maybe he does, but neither of them deserve that kind of money.

Unread 11-02-2007, 03:00 AM
violater

good post on ri.
http://www.sisv1646.com/showpost.php...92&postcount=3

random arabs.

Unread 11-02-2007, 03:01 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Maybe he does, but neither of them deserve that kind of money.
Exactly.

If it's true and I doubt it is then Ronaldo can piss off. Only IF true.

Unread 11-02-2007, 04:10 AM
khmk

Quote:
Keano did that though in the press of his own accord and broke the actual wage structure in the first place. Ruud was finished as a footballer* the season before he left imo.

* you know what I mean.

We need to keep the best players by all means possible.
Yeah £#%&! Paddy-Mc-Rent-a-Quote! he did £#%&! all when he was here.Paddy bastard!
Lets just remember him for his last couple of seasons when he said what most people were thinking.Or are Fletcher and O'gay now great players who've already made it? Its not like he earned his wage or anything. Lazy @#%&!.

Unread 11-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
Yeah £#%&! Paddy-Mc-Rent-a-Quote! he did £#%&! all when he was here.Paddy bastard!
Lets just remember him for his last couple of seasons when he said what most people were thinking.Or are Fletcher and O'gay now great players who've already made it? Its not like he earned his wage or anything. Lazy @#%&!.
I judge a palyer on their merits at that moment in time and if they don't come up to scratch/do the job they are meant to do they need to be £#%&!ed off. No room for sentiment and that opinion does not take away from their past at the club you soppy @#%&!. Eric had the balls to do it himself. nf mother£#%&!ing t.
Closed Thread