United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:38 PM
ziggyman17

[quote=Clownbones;5061487]Because they can't see past the immediate cost of sacking him and having to give a new guy (Probably a caretaker) money in January.

They want to avoid the cost of the sacking and the rebuild.[/QUOTE]

well they will have to do something, because the more this goes on then their golden goose will start losing its shine ( it already is ) and the money they get will get smaller and smaller, the next kit contract for example will be no where near as high as this one if the team continues to bottom out... The sponsors will soon be running for the hills, and I for one is delighted, because for the club to rid themselves of the gimps we will have to collapse first and then a rebuild.....

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

think he knows today was the end game, there is absolutely no reason to keep him, the season is finished just £#%&! the @#%&! off and at least let us enjoy what's left of a shite season without having to look at that miserable £#%&!ing @#%&! on the touchline every week

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:39 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
think he knows today was the end game, there is absolutely no reason to keep him, the season is finished just £#%&! the @#%&! off and at least let us enjoy what's left of a shite season without having to look at that miserable £#%&!ing @#%&! on the touchline every week
There's about 10 million reasons to keep him

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Maybe you're right. Maybe we'll be going around in circles. But that is no reason to keep Jose for any longer.

I'd usually veer to the side of stability even in crisis. But he has to go now.

What astonishes me is the support for him to stay on. We're damaging ourselves with this desperate need to show we're loyal.
It's a ridiculous human logical fallacy to persist with something that isn't working because you either think yourr too deeply invested or there are no alternatives.

What's happening is appalling. Make it stop. Now.

There's always options. The season is dead. Get a caretaker in. Tell them there's no season targets and no money in January. Spend this season working on a plan to get a new manager. No manager worth having will leave mid season, so put the work in now.

If we keep Mourinho, we'll sack him eventually and end up hiring for the there and now, just like we did with LVG and Jose.

Identify the target NOW

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
Ah, hi there

Clownbones

[quote=ziggyman17;5061522]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Because they can't see past the immediate cost of sacking him and having to give a new guy (Probably a caretaker) money in January.

They want to avoid the cost of the sacking and the rebuild.[/QUOTE]

well they will have to do something, because the more this goes on then their golden goose will start losing its shine ( it already is ) and the money they get will get smaller and smaller, the next kit contract for example will be no where near as high as this one if the team continues to bottom out... The sponsors will soon be running for the hills, and I for one is delighted, because for the club to rid themselves of the gimps we will have to collapse first and then a rebuild.....
Oh I completely agree, but I don't think they're thinking that far ahead. They're just sitting on their hands, hoping it all turns around.

They're reactive, not proactive. We saw that with the hiring of lvg and moyes.

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
There's about 10 million reasons to keep him
Cheap at half the price. Get a sacking the manager sponsor or something. Mou Out, brought to you by Danepak bacon. I'd buy loads of it.

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

[quote=Clownbones;5061534]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17

Oh I completely agree, but I don't think they're thinking that far ahead. They're just sitting on their hands, hoping it all turns around.

They're reactive, not proactive. We saw that with the hiring of lvg and moyes.
we are so far behind the rest we are in Moyes territory now, there;'s no way this Chelsea @#%&! is seeing out the season, he's finished

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Clownbones

[quote=£#%&! KFC;5061539]
Quote:

we are so far behind the rest we are in Moyes territory now, there;'s no way this Chelsea @#%&! is seeing out the season, he's finished
He'll get when we can't mathematically make 4th.

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:53 PM
utd99

[quote=Clownbones;5061541]
Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Another one of Woodward's great ideas if true. Does he ever stop to think of ramifications outside of numbers?

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Clownbones

[quote=utd99;5061553]
Quote:

Another one of Woodward's great ideas if true. Does he ever stop to think of ramifications outside of numbers?
No.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
It's a ridiculous human logical fallacy to persist with something that isn't working because you either think yourr too deeply invested or there are no alternatives.

What's happening is appalling. Make it stop. Now.

There's always options. The season is dead. Get a caretaker in. Tell them there's no season targets and no money in January. Spend this season working on a plan to get a new manager. No manager worth having will leave mid season, so put the work in now.

If we keep Mourinho, we'll sack him eventually and end up hiring for the there and now, just like we did with LVG and Jose.

Identify the target NOW
I assume they are identifying the replacement.

I assume they keep Jose on because it's manageable for Woodward and the glazers.

I hope they've got an alternative plan to poch. Because if he's given a choice of us and Madrid, he will never choose us.

If they haven't got a plan then we are absolutely £#%&!ed long term. They and Woodward are using the club up in a very short sighted manner.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:16 PM
windy waffles

Its gonna to be Poch. Nailed on. It's why he isnt being sacked yet.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I assume they are identifying the replacement.

I assume they keep Jose on because it's manageable for Woodward and the glazers.

I hope they've got an alternative plan to poch. Because if he's given a choice of us and Madrid, he will never choose us.

If they haven't got a plan then we are absolutely £#%&!ed long term. They and Woodward are using the club up in a very short sighted manner.
£#%&!ing hell, I hope you're right.

Unread 16-12-2018, 08:15 PM
AK14

We'll either go for Zidane...

OR we’ll go down the Young up and coming coach route and give it to Carrick or Giggs.

Unread 16-12-2018, 08:24 PM
92ToBury

Sack Woodward - £#%&!ing disgrace of a man.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...sfers-trophies

Could be excuses but it sounds a lot like he has far less control than he'd like at the club.

Unread 16-12-2018, 08:55 PM
MagnificentSeven

sack him now, jardim or zidane until the end of the season, if either do well then keep them on.

Unread 16-12-2018, 08:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Sack Woodward - £#%&!ing disgrace of a man.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...sfers-trophies

Could be excuses but it sounds a lot like he has far less control than he'd like at the club.
We certainly played in his image tonight. We were absolute toilet.

Unread 16-12-2018, 09:32 PM
nmpk24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
sack him now, jardim or zidane until the end of the season, if either do well then keep them on.
Jardim would be a great shout. Very attack minded, won the French title with Monaco. More like the Football that made Utd so successful. I'd rather see us lose a game like today 4-3 playing good football than the utter garbage under Mourinho.

Unfortunately idiots like Woodward are still making these appointments and he/they have got the last 3 totally wrong. Not sure Poch would be the right person either.
Closed Thread