United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Being interviewed now.

Can't wait to hear what shit he comes out with this week.
News just in: bad carpenter blames his tools.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
News just in: bad carpenter blames his tools.
Said we were in control at 1-1 just before they scored.

We all knew that was coming.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Sparky***

oooh shreeves is asking some tricky questions...he's getting tetchy

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Clownbones

Shreeves calling him out here tbf

Asked him outright if the players are playing for him.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Clownbones

Why are Liverpool a better side, Jose?

He talks like sides are just better than us and that's the way it is.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Albert Tatlock

Keane telling it how it is

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Hands of Scone

“Liverpool are a better team”. Why is that Jose? £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:16 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
“Liverpool are a better team”. Why is that Jose? £#%&!ing #@&%!.
was dying for shreeves to ask him why that is. you've bought the players, you've trained them, why are liverpool so much better?

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:16 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Why are Liverpool a better side, Jose?

He talks like sides are just better than us and that's the way it is.
All the reasons he gave we’re things bd should he addressing the complete £#%&!er. Hes waiting to be sacked IMHO.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:19 PM
My Name is Heath

Shocking interview that.

Did I hear right? Did he say Liverpool were better physically?

Manchester United should never be that far behind anyone physically.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
All the reasons he gave we’re things bd should he addressing the complete £#%&!er. Hes waiting to be sacked IMHO.
Course he is. But the reason he's talking about 4th is because if he gets it he's done what he's contracted to do. That's what our manager's are tasked with nowadays.

Keane saying 4th is unacceptable, but who is it that sets that tone?

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Clownbones

I actually agree about the players.

There's a spectrum of effort. It's not a case that they're not trying.... but if you don't truly believe in the managers efforts you don't fully invest in their ideas. That affects confidence, belief and that affects their game.

Some players are lazy (Pogba, lukaku, matic) but they're like that by nature.

Look at Ashley Young. He works his arse off. Yes just shite.

Every players is being compromised right now. Every single one of them.

Contrast with Liverpool and Klopp. He's sickly sweet, but he's overwhelmingly positive both in his style of play and his relationship with his players. As a result, they are all buzzing.

Every single forward of theirs would look shitter in our side. Every single forward of ours would better in theirs.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
12m quid. Not signed as a starter, coming into a attacking side. Was a no brainer of a signing.
Bit hindsighty tbh. He was a shit stirring smacked arse at Stoke, and it wasn't as though we weren't long on those already. Don't underestimate the benefits of coming into a confident team on the up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
That Newcastle game was the chance to get rid of him while the season was still salvageable.
We're hamstrung by our own history. Apparently, we're the club that sticks by it's managers and gets a dynasty in return.
Add to that the fact that Woody doesn't want another admission of failure on his record. I really don't think they have any idea what to do.

3-1 is about right to be honest; I thought 4-1 before the game. We're a £#%&!ing shambles, and for all his tricky talk in pressers, I'm pretty sure that's below the range of accomplishment he would have thought acceptable 2 1/2 years ago. He can have no complaints.

That being said, he'll get criticised for personnel, formation and tactics yet again but the truth is that there are no ways to set this team up, or instructions to give them that will overcome our shockingly poor individual level of execution. what could Fergie, Guardiola, Rinus £#%&!ing Michels do with a team that cannot complete standard 10 yard balls, don't compete for balls with conviction, and make terrible decisions time and time and time again?

Sorry, but this level of ineptitude cannot be entirely down to the manager. It simply can't.

What a mess.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Shocking interview that.

He is the one who tried to build a team with tall lumps through the spine, as if it was still £#%&!ing 2006.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Bit hindsighty tbh. He was a shit stirring smacked arse at Stoke, and it wasn't as though we weren't long on those already. Don't underestimate the benefits of coming into a confident team on the up.

We're hamstrung by our own history. Apparently, we're the club that sticks by it's managers and gets a dynasty in return.
Add to that the fact that Woody doesn't want another admission of failure on his record. I really don't think they have any idea what to do.

3-1 is about right to be honest; I thought 4-1 before the game. We're a £#%&!ing shambles, and for all his tricky talk in pressers, I'm pretty sure that's below the range of accomplishment he would have thought acceptable 2 1/2 years ago. He can have no complaints.

That being said, he'll get criticised for personnel, formation and tactics yet again but the truth is that there are no ways to set this team up, or instructions to give them that will overcome our individual level of execution. what could Fergie, Guardiola, Rinus £#%&!ing Michels do with a team that cannot complete standard 10 yard balls, don't compete for balls with conviction, and make terrible decisions time and time and time again?

Sorry, but this level of ineptitude cannot be entirely down to the manager. It simply can't.

What a mess.
Not at all. thought it at the time. Very low risk signing that was complementing a strong attack, no creating it.

Fundamentally disagree about getting the players to play better.

Decision making is poor because they don't know what to do. If there's no pattern to the play , they're going to hesitate more, slow things down, make more mistake. No confidence in a manager affects confidence . When that happens, a whole game of a player can be affected. Players look sharper and faster and better all round when they're on form.

The evidence of this is that all of our players have played better than this at some point for us and for their countries.

Are there gaps in the squad? Ofcourse. And some players aren't good enough . But when the manager gives the players no creative freedom. When he calls up out in public if you make a mistake. If you're told to boot the ball 40 yards to Lukaku every time you counter attack.... is It any wonder that we fall to bits when we actually try to do something a little more aggressive.

Watching the few moment we actually tried to match Liverpool's press by passing out quicker was £#%&!ing embarrassing. Because it's not how we play.

I have absolutely no doubt that a more progressive manager would have these players playing better.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

That being said, he'll get criticised for personnel, formation and tactics yet again but the truth is that there are no ways to set this team up, or instructions to give them that will overcome our shockingly poor individual level of execution. what could Fergie, Guardiola, Rinus £#%&!ing Michels do with a team that cannot complete standard 10 yard balls, don't compete for balls with conviction, and make terrible decisions time and time and time again?

What a mess.
I think you’d be surprised how much better this team would look under a proper progressive coach

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Not at all. thought it at the time. Very low risk signing that was complementing a strong attack, no creating it.
We've bought plenty of players with ability; where we £#%&!ed up was the fragile arsey mentalities. He struck me as Sanchez lite, and we know how that's worked out.

Not saying it wouldn't have worked, simply that it's not the foregone conclusion his performances at Anfield would suggest.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Shocking interview that.

We've been physically inferior to the opposition throughout his time here tbh. Weaker, less fit and less competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I think you’d be surprised how much better this team would look under a proper progressive coach
Yep. Anyone that could play a game the players could actually enjoy. Nobody can enjoy being asked to do what Mou wants when he sets up for games like this

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
You'd certainly hope so. The last five years have left me unconvinced.

Which brings us around to the question of how you get your first pick in these days of huge contracts and diminished status. If we have to drop down to 3rd or 4th choice we may as well stick Wenger in charge as an interim until we can get our man, then give him the DoF job thereafter. Better than wasting another 3 years on someone like Zidane, who quite frankly could easily be another Mourinho.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You'd certainly hope so. The last five years have left me unconvinced.

Which brings us around to the question of how you get you first pick in these days of huge contracts and diminished status. If we have to drop down to 3rd or 4th choice we may as well stick Wenger in charge as an interim until we can get our man, then give him the DoF job thereafter. Better than wasting another 3 years on someone like Zidane, who quite frankly could easily be another Mourinho.
The club needs to be creative about the next manager they bring in. The last two have been big names whose best days are behind them. We need a manager on the up with something to prove.

Unfortunately the people making decisions have no idea about football