United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Manchester

That 3rd goal was class, fair play. Poor defending from us, but still well taken

http://www.justin.tv/odat

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Whalefish

Why was Rooney's goal disallowed?

Ronnie and Giggs have apparently said they're all tired.

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:37 PM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

What, as in all the team are tired out there?

It's a £#%&!ing farce if you ask me. Didn't know they was playing two days after a premier league game, a £#%&!ing hard one at that, too. Fergie admitted it's the most the players have ran in one game all season.

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What, as in all the team are tired out there?

It's a £#%&!ing farce if you ask me. Didn't know they was playing two days after a premier league game, a £#%&!ing hard one at that, too. Fergie admitted it's the most the players have ran in one game all season.
As long as nobody gets injured, I think it's a good idea. Have you seen the weather outside? A week in the sunshine getting some rest and some training in decent conditions will be good for them. We don't play again until sunday. Most of the players have only put in half a game.

I don't agree with the reasons why they're out there but I honestly think it'll be good for the team. Plus it's a sober country so no chance of the players getting into trouble

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Manchester

Quote:

The stream I'm watching it on is shit, did it actually go in? On the stream it looked like it was cleared off the line?

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Whalefish

I thought it did? Anyway, like I said not arsed but there's been a few iffy decisions IMO. That third penalty for example.

Losing 3-2 against who again? Quite funny.

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Lok

3-2 Al hilal

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Manchester

How much was Wellbeck paid to miss that penalty then?

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Whalefish

Re Rooney's goal, didn't cross the line.

Wellbeck won a penalty, then missed it.

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Heard good things about this Wellbeck. Can anyone tell me if the hypes worth it?

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Heard good things about this Wellbeck. Can anyone tell me if the hypes worth it?

Good player but won't have a long term future at United.

Unread 21-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
No one will make it through the stiffs MUFC. Everyone will be sold off eventually. Nice way of generating some income.

Unread 21-01-2008, 08:03 PM
MUFC One Love

Who's the young lad who is meant to be class who Fergie was apparently referring too when he said we have a special one on the books?

Unread 21-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
No one will make it through the stiffs MUFC. Everyone will be sold off eventually. Nice way of generating some income.
Unfortunately seems to be the case.
Quote:
Who's the young lad who is meant to be class who Fergie was apparently referring too when he said we have a special one on the books?
Welbeck

Unread 21-01-2008, 08:09 PM
puressence

Quote:
scholes

Unread 21-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Too cynical W'fish. Wellbeck has a great chance because of his size. Hewson I still think is a certainty, but looks like a late developer physically - as was Beckham, for instance. Cathcart also has a chance, though that probably depends how Evans and Pique get on.

On top of that, selling players like Ebanks-Blake and Shawcross is what pays for the youth set-up. It was ever thus. They are proud holders of the G14 Youth Cup as well don't forget, which if nothing else proves they have a fair amount of mental strength to go with their talent.

Unread 21-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
It isn't often Fergie takes someone who has just turned 17 on a tour like this.

He is strong for his age, quick, two footed, decent in the air.

Some people are probably willing him to fail though

He stood out in youth cup when he was still at school against players 2 years older than him.

He is a very good prospect.

Unread 21-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It isn't often Fergie takes someone who has just turned 17 on a tour like this.

He is strong for his age, quick, two footed, decent in the air.

Some people are probably willing him to fail though
He stood out in youth cup when he was still at school against players 2 years older than him.

He is a very good prospect.
like who? is it not just being realistic. Looks a good talent but it is impossible to say at this stage whether he will make it at United

Unread 21-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Rhodzy

Apparently when the Saudi's scored their 3rd Evra fell on the ground laughing.

Unread 21-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Luffy

no striker will ever make it from utd reserves anymore, Rossi was not just the most outstanding player the reserves have seen in a decade but the most outstanding reserve player in the country. he was more than head and shoulders above every other player in that league and when premiership players made a reserve comeback he outshone them with ease as well (including our own players).

if rossi cant make it, no one can. there is simply no room at utd for an 18 yr old to make the step from unproven reserve to first team squad. The only way it can happen is if we sold someone and threw them right in as semi-first choice like we did with rooney - but rooney was hardly inexperienced! strikers need to play to develop and they need to score to play. its a catch 22.

wonder how rooney would have turned out had he been on our books. theres no way he wouldve got in as early, earned his caps so quickly and developed his game sufficiently with the amount of playtime he would have had with us.

midfielders are different, we can throw ronaldo in right away or we can try and bed them in slowly and both ways can work.
Closed Thread