United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:26 AM
plopborsky

met kanchelskis in alty outside m&s signed an autograph for me.

on another point we alwalys talk about 99 vs 94 teams 08 was some team as well ronaldo rio tevez rooney vidc evra scholes ando hargreaves

£#%&! forgot giggs nani

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:29 AM
rafabio

would they have £#%&! run over current teams. Barca 08/09 would have mullered that 94 team. united 08 team was the best of all fergie's teams. Both in europe and domestic. United dominated 08 season from start to finish and worthy european and domestic champions where as a lot of luck was needed in 99 along with some brilliant play.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:37 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
would they have £#%&! run over current teams. Barca 08/09 would have mullered that 94 team. united 08 team was the best of all fergie's teams. Both in europe and domestic. United dominated 08 season from start to finish and worthy european and domestic champions where as a lot of luck was needed in 99 along with some brilliant play.
you lost me, read your own post mate and tell me what you think again

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
you lost me, read your own post mate and tell me what you think again

08 we held on massively against Barcelona in both games. Chelsea we we were excellent first half and should have been 3 up at half time but the second half Chelsea dominated and extra time was pretty even.
99 wasn't so much luck as belief. There was probably about 3 games in the whole season we didn't totally dominate - the final and Arsenal away early on when we lost 3-0, and the Tottenham League Cup quarters.

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
99 wasn't so much luck as belief.
That's a good point. I've always disputed the idea that rescuing a game from the fire with a late goal or goals is somehow 'lucky.' Objectively speaking, you get 90-odd minutes to score goals, so what's the difference between scoring in the 30th minute and the 94th? A goal is lucky if it bounces kindly or if it's the result of a comical error by your opponent, but not because of when it happens.

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:40 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That's a good point. I've always disputed the idea that rescuing a game from the fire with a late goal or goals is somehow 'lucky.' Objectively speaking, you get 90-odd minutes to score goals, so what's the difference between scoring in the 30th minute and the 94th? A goal is lucky if it bounces kindly or if it's the result of a comical error by your opponent, but not because of when it happens.
well it is when the opposition have hit the cross bar and both posts and you didn't even have a proper shot on target.

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Zorg

Quote:
I've always thought that. A lot of people won't accept it though. They seem to think that once 85 or so minutes are up, anyone who scores after that is lucky. You play right to the end ffs

If one team dominates the entire game and then the opposition score some fluke in the last minute, you could say that's kind of lucky. But if a team dominates the entire game but doesn't score until the 90th minute, so what?

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:26 AM
MUFC One Love

Great player. One of my favourite players as a kid.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:38 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Great player. One of my favourite players as a kid.
Cheers for the heads up.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Totally. If you stick to your principles and attack and do it until the final whistle, you might be fortunate that one goes in but I don't think it's luck if you get one in the first 5 minutes or the last 5 minutes, apart from - like has been said - it's a scabby goal or thoroughly undeserved.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:45 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I hear he is signing autographs at a popular gay bar in portsmouth this weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Cheers for the heads up.
Closed Thread