United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What a choice

I know you’d personally love Pep to get another but I don’t know....

What a vile set of circumstances..
Bro.....

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Every other big club seems able to scab a European cup when not at their best. It’s united's turn. We always manage to overshadow city.

Unread 04-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Every other big club seems able to scab a European cup when not at their best. It’s united's turn. We always manage to overshadow city.
Oh, right. I didn’t realise that’s how football works.

Excellent.

Unread 04-03-2018, 09:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
not with this shower of useless @#%&!s we won't.
We don't have the mental strength or determination to win a European Cup in the way average Chelsea or Liverpool teams have in recent years.

I'm still not convinced that we're getting past Sevilla for a start.

Unread 04-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Not with Chris Smalling, Phil Jones & Ashley young in our defence we won’t.

Unread 04-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Oh, right. I didn’t realise that’s how football works.

Excellent.

We always manage to overshadow City tbf. Apart from when we don’t.

Unread 04-03-2018, 10:34 PM
saffers

Unread 04-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
City have a good chance of making the semis, but that's all. As Sparky says the league is weak so how good they are against a Bayern, Real/Psg, Barca remains to be seen. Barca I think theyd take btw. I wouldn't fancy Liverpool against most of the others. Keep in mind it's two legs. They will ship goals at home to any decent side. Don't be fooled by their destruction of a poor Porto side. Look at how the likes of Celtic, Benfica, Porto etc are no longer competing properly in europe. Huge scorelines. Other than when we face them of course.
All the leagues are weak though. What competition do Bayern face or PSG? Declining Juve have Napoli who have done nothing in Europe. Been a stroll for Barca with Madrid probably paying for 2 European Cups in a row, physically and mentally, but they still have the players to do it, if they can find their edge. I would have backed them to take out City on the counter before this season, but much less confident now.

Bayern might be the team but it could be a case of them outlasting Barca/Real/Juve rather than being a great team again. Dropped off less than their main rivals. City could win it, probably with Bayern and Barca they are the main favourites but it is quite open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Christ, no wonder Chelsea are saving their energy, are going to need to win the CL to get back into the competition. Maybe that is their goal, repeat their last title win through avoiding Europe and the fatigue that comes with it.

Unread 04-03-2018, 10:54 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No way i'm down with Liverpool winning 6 pal
Hate to say it but have to agree with this, city are bound to end up winning it in the next few years whereas for Liverpool this could be their once in a decade shot. At the very least city have some top players, think I'd end it all watching the likes of Hendo and Bobby Firmz lifting the big one.

Unread 04-03-2018, 10:57 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Hate to say it but have to agree with this, city are bound to end up winning it in the next few years whereas for Liverpool this could be their once in a decade shot. At the very least city have some top players, think I'd end it all watching the likes of Hendo and Bobby Firmz lifting the big one.
The worst thing I brought to this forum

Unread 04-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Neo

Football

City are the clear favourites; they are the best team in Europe and have been all season, they have the best manager on the planet, and a ridiculously deep squad packed with world-class players all over the pitch.

They will also have the league wrapped up nice and early, so can commit fully in the latter stages without distractions.

I honestly think the best chance of them not winning it is if United meet them in the knockout stages and Mourinho pulls off one of his classic smash and grabs. I don't trust any other side to knock them out, and with Pep's record in finals, they will have their name on the trophy if they get past the semis.

Unread 05-03-2018, 12:05 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I honestly think the best chance of them not winning it is if United meet them in the knockout stages and Mourinho pulls off one of his classic smash and grabs. I don't trust any other side to knock them out, and with Pep's record in finals, they will have their name on the trophy if they get past the semis.
That would be a possibility if you could trust our defence to play like human beings. Unfortunately you can’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What a choice

I know you’d personally love Pep to get another but I don’t know....

What a vile set of circumstances..
I’d be praying for an asteroid.

Unread 05-03-2018, 12:15 AM
andyroo

Well this is a novelty. Someone else being slagged off for being negative bastards for a change.

Unread 05-03-2018, 01:28 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
City are the clear favourites; they are the best team in Europe and have been all season, they have the best manager on the planet, and a ridiculously deep squad packed with world-class players all over the pitch.

They will also have the league wrapped up nice and early, so can commit fully in the latter stages without distractions.

Unread 05-03-2018, 12:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The worst thing I brought to this forum
Aside from your registration?

Unread 05-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

agreed with this.

they'll win a final in the most convincing way since barcelona 09 or 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Aside from your registration?

Unread 05-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 05-03-2018, 12:48 PM
TheFatGoth

A Liverpool v City quarter final wouldn't be too bad in that it gets rid of one of them.

Unread 05-03-2018, 01:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
A Liverpool v City quarter final wouldn't be too bad in that it gets rid of one of them.
Yeah but it puts the other in the semis...

Unread 05-03-2018, 01:16 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yeah but it puts the other in the semis...
Rather one than two.
Closed Thread