United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's upped his game considerably since he went to city.

Big fish, small pond.
I never really like him for us. Thought he was all huff and puff with very little quality. I mentioned it a few times on here and got slated.

He seems to have become a big game player for City. He's produced when they needed him. He'll struggle to keep it up for the whole season though. He always looked £#%&!ed at the end of the game and rarely plays the full 90mins

Unread 27-10-2010, 09:48 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Heard that Tevez is saying that he is home sick again...

Love to see him £#%&! off at the end of this contract
yup Santa Cruz bleating about his and tevez's life at city via the tabloids.

Unread 27-10-2010, 10:06 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Homesick for South America
South America is great though tbf. Well most of it.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:18 PM
safingtons

It should be Tevez in red instead of Berbatov. Not Hernandez.

Stop trying to convince yourselves you're happy he's not at United.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:18 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I never really like him for us. Thought he was all huff and puff with very little quality. I mentioned it a few times on here and got slated.

He seems to have become a big game player for City. He's produced when they needed him. He'll struggle to keep it up for the whole season though. He always looked £#%&!ed at the end of the game and rarely plays the full 90mins
Funny what playing regularly does for you.

Same can be said for Nani.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
It should be Tevez in red instead of Berbatov. Not Hernandez.

Stop trying to convince yourselves you're happy he's not at United.
I am perfectly happy he is not at United. Calling me a liar??

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:22 PM
safingtons

Anyone who prefers Berbatov to Tevez is mental, pure and simple. Even the Tevez who was a bit inconsistent due to lack of playing time is a miles better fit our team than Berbatov.

Tevez would be doing even better than he currently he is now at City, if he had kept him and played him regularly. Great player, great attitude.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Anyone who prefers Berbatov to Tevez is mental, pure and simple. Even the Tevez who was a bit inconsistent due to lack of playing time is a miles better fit our team than Berbatov.

Tevez would be doing even better than he currently he is now at City, if he had kept him and played him regularly. Great player, great attitude.
Berbatov is a more skilful player than Tevez, simple as.

I agree that in his first two seasons he didn't show that enough - hopefully that will change this year

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:25 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:

Ahhh a wum, you had me going there for a second.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Great attitude? Constantly whined to the papers about not getting a game, now he whines that it's a hard life being a footballer and he might pack it in he's oh so fed up. :£#%&!er:

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:34 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Berbatov is a more skilful player than Tevez, simple as.

I agree that in his first two seasons he didn't show that enough - hopefully that will change this year
More skill isn't always better. Ibrahimovic is more skilful than Eto'o, you do the rest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Ahhh a wum, you had me going there for a second.
I'm not wumming.

I'm disappointed by you, you were one of very few who told the truth about the Hargreaves farce. Is it that you just don't rate Tevez more than rating Berbatov in any way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Great attitude? Constantly whined to the papers about not getting a game, now he whines that it's a hard life being a footballer and he might pack it in he's oh so fed up. :£#%&!er:
That was brought on by the lies from Gill and Fergie, then the lack of playing time just made things worse. Not knowing where his future was despite begging to stay at United was his main gripe...he was justified in his bitching imo even though it would have been professional to keep quiet.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Tronics

In an ideal world I would have preferred to have Berbs and Tevez at the club

Both quality players with alot to offer

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:

That was brought on by the lies from Gill and Fergie, then the lack of playing time just made things worse. Not knowing where his future was despite begging to stay at United was his main gripe...he was justified in his bitching imo even though it would have been professional to keep quiet.
And the whining now he's at city? Doesn't like the manager...fed up with the life of a footballer....

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Coming from you that's quite an achievement.

I'd rep myself if I could.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:38 PM
borsuk

Quote:
he was justified in his bitching imo

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:43 PM
safingtons

Quote:
And the whining now he's at city? Doesn't like the manager...fed up with the life of a footballer....
The homesickness is strange, he talks about it like it's an excuse for him to not give 100% but it's not iike he's been poor on the pitch. Just a spoilt modern day footballer who talks too much. As long as he keeps performing on the pitch, I think that stuff should be disregarded.

Can't blame him for having a bust up with Mancini, the guy is out of his depth. Tevez never had 'words' with respected figures like Sir Alex or Maradona.

Personally prefer someone talking nonsense off the pitch but performs regularly over Berbatov who says all the right things about being grateful to be at United and wanting to honour the shirt. Fast forward to a Saturday and he's hiding for most of the game apart from a couple of nice passes, will always throw his arms around in petulance and insult his team mates. Ronaldo did a fraction of that in his last season and was hated for it....

Don't think i'll ever take to Berbatov as a United player lads, think he'll be gone come summer time anyways. Good thing that Little Pea kid has come around, more than softens the blow as he looks like having the potential to be a level above these guys.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:49 PM
andyroo

Quote:
This.

He's just trouble. Quality player, undeniably, but a £#%&!ing troublemaker.

Had previous at Corinthians and West 'am as well, not just us. We should have seen it coming.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Just a spoilt modern day footballer who talks too much.
So he hasn't got a great attitude then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Unread 27-10-2010, 01:52 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
I'm not wumming.

I'm disappointed by you, you were one of very few who told the truth about the Hargreaves farce. Is it that you just don't rate Tevez more than rating Berbatov in any way?
Eh? To be honest I have not moved an inch on the signing of Hargo since the darkside days but I don't see how that has to do with a berbs tevez debate.

Tevez would have cost nearly 20 million more than Berbs and Berbs is a player with a touch of dismissive class where as Tevez is an up market Paul Dikov on a a decent scoring streak and look in line to £#%&! off the game because his head isn't right.
No, as much as Tevez brought an injection of energy in to United's front line in games where things were going a bit flat I can't think of a single second since he's left when I have been watching and thought;
"You know what, we could use Tevez about now".
He was surplus to requirements.

Unread 27-10-2010, 02:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
No, as much as Tevez brought an injection of energy in to United's front line in games where things were going a bit flat I can't think of a single second since he's left when I have been watching and thought;
"You know what, we could use Tevez about now".
He was surplus to requirements.
Possibly Blackburn last year.

One match in over a season doesn't make a convincing case though. Agree with the general principle.
Closed Thread