United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:43 PM
El Calafate

Exclamation Why did Kanchelskis leave Utd?

biggest mistake by any player of all time.

KANCHELSKIS HANGS UP BOOTS

Former Manchester United winger Andrei Kanchelskis has decided to retire from football.

The 38-year-old, who spent the twilight of his career in his homeland with Saturn Moscow and Krylia Sovetov, was released by his last club Samara at the end of the 2006 campaign and has now decided to hang up his boots.

"You need to leave at the right time," he told Sport Express. "Now seems a suitable moment to begin a new chapter in my footballing life."

nft.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Skag Trendy

Cause he fell out with Fergie.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:44 PM
red @rmy

Gambling - mafia- needed cash.

Top player.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Great player, was gutted when he left in 1995.

I wish him well.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
puressence

best ever full debut ive seen against notts county in 1991/92 .. the full back had to come off at halftime

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:47 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
best ever full debut ive seen against notts county in 1991/92 .. the full back had to come off at halftime
Rooney's was the best debut I've ever seen.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Haaaa, memories.

That was one of my fave games ever at OT, laugh a minute.

Steve Cherry got the shit ripped out of him like I have never seen.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Cause he fell out with Fergie.
leave Utd for Everton? nft.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:53 PM
carlosartorial

I understood it to be because shady characters were putting pressure on him/his myriad of agents/his family back home for him to move and get a big payday....which sort of implies these people were set to profit from any move. Didn't Fergie hint at this in his book?

Andrei always seemed relutant/bemused at the whole situation and resigned to his fate. Shame.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:53 PM
koppas

To be fair to him he has since said he regretted leaving UTD.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Fuzz

Didn't he owe money to Nigel Benn which resulted in a bust up with Ince?

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Whalefish

He's shit hot at chess btw.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
El Calafate

it's a bit like Ronaldo now saying £#%&! off Fergie, i'm going to Everton. absurd! nft.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Zorg

No-one falls out with Fergie and stays at United.

He wasn't in the team every week, despite being £#%&!ing ace even the most ardent Fergie supporter will remember Kanchelskis getting dropped for McClair and wondering what the £#%&! was going on. So he protested and Fergie got rid.

I don't believe all that shit about the Russian mafia for one minute.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:59 PM
koppas

He was immense in 1994/95. Who will ever forget his hattrick.

Shame it was to be his last. THE best right winger to have played in the Prem. (For now).

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:00 PM
suedeshoes

He went for the dough. Not coz he owed it anyone but coz he was greedy. He asked for an improved contract not long after getting one. He did the same at his other teams...signing-on fee mad he was...with 3 agents to pay.

Great player but we saw his best days so no worries.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I understood it to be because shady characters were putting pressure on him/his myriad of agents/his family back home for him to move and get a big payday....which sort of implies these people were set to profit from any move. Didn't Fergie hint at this in his book?

Andrei always seemed relutant/bemused at the whole situation and resigned to his fate. Shame.
I think he more than hinted at it, didn't he get given a £#%&!ing big urn stuffed full of cash, which he prompted took to Martin Edwards's office.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:12 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I think he more than hinted at it, didn't he get given a £#%&!ing big urn stuffed full of cash, which he prompted took to Martin Edwards's office.
That all related to when we signed him, I think.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's shit hot at chess btw.
How do you know? Tell me more Whalefish. The plot thickens. Got Bobby Fisher and the Cold War as an image now with all this mafia stuff...........

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Fountz

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
No-one falls out with Fergie and stays at United.

He wasn't in the team every week, despite being £#%&!ing ace even the most ardent Fergie supporter will remember Kanchelskis getting dropped for McClair and wondering what the £#%&! was going on. So he protested and Fergie got rid.

I don't believe all that shit about the Russian mafia for one minute.
At long last someone speaks sense on the issue.

Happen to know one of his "advisors" very well..

He said he was the kind of player who needed to have an arm put around him.. he basically said that Fergie just blanked him and subbed him for long stretches.. he didn't know if he was liked or rated.. he felt he'd put a blinder in one day only to be on the bench the next...

I've said it many a time, and no doubt the usual knee-jerks will immediately call me a @#%&!, but 95 was when Fergie's ego took over..

I think much of our success since then has been despite his actions post '95 not because of..
Closed Thread