Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2021, 11:21 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/s...541284871?s=21
Always liked Brucey tbh and it’s shit the way he’s been treated

But that cabbage comment has proper made me lol.
£#%&!ing hell 🤣

Useless, fat, a cabbage head…

Unread 20-10-2021, 11:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Premier League clubs have voted to temporarily block teams agreeing lucrative sponsorship deals linked to a club's owners after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of Newcastle.

Eighteen clubs voted in favour of the ban at an emergency meeting on Monday.

Newcastle voted against and Manchester City abstained, with both questioning the legality of the move.

Unread 20-10-2021, 12:35 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCGEqTuBadE

Looks like it's been a tough week...

Reckon they are letting him having his 1000th game before sacking him.
Sage.

Unread 20-10-2021, 02:15 PM
AK14

(I’ll tell you something) I’d love it if they still go down

Listening to the Newcastle fans and the disrespect towards Bruce on sky… “anyone but Bruce” and “a joyous day for Newcastle” etc

£#%&! off.

Anyway as for the new bloke in charge, how long are we thinking it’ll take him before he gets them playing the way he wants and looking like they actually have a gameplan etc…

Unread 20-10-2021, 02:24 PM
Dr Stranger

I don’t know if I’m softening in my old age, but the treatment of these managers is outrageous.

Unless you’re some kind of pantomime villain like Jose or Simeone, who sort of bring the hate on themselves, then most managers are just decent blokes doing their best.

Fans who casually dip in and out of it will give them relentless shit, making it hostile and personal. Meanwhile, the manager is spending sleepless nights trying to come up with ways to help this fans club win.

You’re seeing it now with Ole. If they can’t do the job, ok fine, but why that needs to extend to outright abuse is beyond me.

Bruce is a bit of a shit manager, but he’s a good guy and a respected pro. It’s sad to see the guy talking about quitting management altogether. About how his family are struggling in the city they’re from.

You get the usual “well, for the money they get paid…” but that doesn’t make it right or ok.

#sheffweds93reds

Unread 20-10-2021, 02:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
(I’ll tell you something) I’d love it if they still go down

Listening to the Newcastle fans and the disrespect towards Bruce on sky… “anyone but Bruce” and “a joyous day for Newcastle” etc

£#%&! off.

Anyway as for the new bloke in charge, how long are we thinking it’ll take him before he gets them playing the way he wants and looking like they actually have a gameplan etc…
5 years minimum.

Unread 20-10-2021, 02:44 PM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I don’t know if I’m softening in my old age, but the treatment of these managers is outrageous.

Unless you’re some kind of pantomime villain like Jose or Simeone, who sort of bring the hate on themselves, then most managers are just decent blokes doing their best.

Fans who casually dip in and out of it will give them relentless shit, making it hostile and personal. Meanwhile, the manager is spending sleepless nights trying to come up with ways to help this fans club win.

You’re seeing it now with Ole. If they can’t do the job, ok fine, but why that needs to extend to outright abuse is beyond me.

Bruce is a bit of a shit manager, but he’s a good guy and a respected pro. It’s sad to see the guy talking about quitting management altogether. About how his family are struggling in the city they’re from.

You get the usual “well, for the money they get paid…” but that doesn’t make it right or ok.

#sheffweds93reds
He's a good bloke Brucey, and a great player for United.

Agree with all that.

Unread 20-10-2021, 02:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
He's a good bloke Brucey, and a great player for United.

Agree with all that.
Thought he did well up there. Yes his head does resemble a cabbage, but he shouldn't be getting shit over that imo. It is probably genetic.

Unread 20-10-2021, 02:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Thought he did well up there. Yes his head does resemble a cabbage, but he shouldn't be getting shit over that imo. It is probably genetic.
Also, his resemblance to vegetables of any kind has little if any connection to his ability to manage Newcastle United football club.

Unread 20-10-2021, 02:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Jason Lee - pineapple
Graham Taylor - Turnip
Brucey - cabbage
Mikey Mellon (Tranmere) - melon

Unread 20-10-2021, 03:03 PM
andyroo

Javier Hernández

Unread 20-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Chris Quayd

Sol Campbell was a fan of meat and two veg iirc

Unread 20-10-2021, 03:58 PM
AK14

Pretty sure McClaren was called a vegetable after England failed to qualify for euro 2008?

Unread 20-10-2021, 04:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Pretty sure McClaren was called a vegetable after England failed to qualify for euro 2008?
Wally With The Brolly.

Yeah, good one.

Unread 20-10-2021, 04:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Wally With The Brolly.

Yeah, good one.
That was it

Unread 20-10-2021, 05:38 PM
Ethers

Unread 20-10-2021, 05:42 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:

#sheffweds93reds
i felt this way about moyes. wrong man for the job, miles out of his depth, the day he got sacked it felt like a cloud had been lifted, but he was offered something you'd be mad to turn down. a nice enough bloke who didn't deserve the abuse he got and tbh some of the stuff said on here about him at the time was a little too much.

Unread 20-10-2021, 06:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i felt this way about moyes. wrong man for the job, miles out of his depth, the day he got sacked it felt like a cloud had been lifted, but he was offered something you'd be mad to turn down. a nice enough bloke who didn't deserve the abuse he got and tbh some of the stuff said on here about him at the time was a little too much.
As the years have gone by and the United job has become seemingly more difficult, I’ve grown to dislike Moyes considerably less, the absolute £#%&!ing bastard.

Unread 20-10-2021, 06:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
As the years have gone by and the United job has become seemingly more difficult, I’ve grown to dislike Moyes considerably less, the absolute £#%&!ing bastard.

Unread 20-10-2021, 06:30 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
no it £#%&!ing wasn't
Closed Thread