United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Default Top United Goals Compilation

Great compilation this, one of the best i've seen. Obviously it's a selection of goals from only the last 20 years but christ we've been blessed to see some wonderful goals by truly magnificent players. Watch it if you've got 15mins to spare, it's ace.

Unread 19-05-2014, 09:17 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

'More than a feeeling'

£#%&!ing hell that made me happy well, the Ronaldo bits nearly had me shed a tear, but £#%&!ing hell

Unread 20-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Tiberian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Great compilation this, one of the best i've seen. Obviously it's a selection of goals from only the last 20 years but christ we've been blessed to see some wonderful goals by truly magnificent players. Watch it if you've got 15mins to spare, it's ace.

Top 100 Man Utd Goals - YouTube
Memories. Even amongst this selection of amazing goals Rooney with the volley against Newcastle and Ronnie from 40 yards at Porto stand out as ridiculously absurd Roy of the Rovers moments.

Andy Cole deft chips, overhead kicks, world class strike partnership interplay goals, Cole and Yorke at the Nou Camp toying with Barca. Nani has scored some sensational goals as well.

Unread 20-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Neo

Cool

Quote:

Top 100 Man Utd Goals - YouTube
Loved Becks' goal at Deportivo (number 15). Absolutely gorgeous strike.

Cantona's goal against Wimbledon (number 10) is probably my favouite United goal. I remember trying to recreate it countless times as a kid. The first touch still makes no sense to me; it's against the laws of physics, the way he gets it to sit up so perfectly, and then the way he adjusts his feet and whole body to strike the ball on the volley in one motion into the top corner.

Unread 20-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Loved Becks' goal at Deportivo (number 15). Absolutely gorgeous strike.

Cantona's goal against Wimbledon (number 10) is probably my favouite United goal. I remember trying to recreate it countless times as a kid. The first touch still makes no sense to me; it's against the laws of physics, the way he gets it to sit up so perfectly, and then the way he adjusts his feet and whole body to strike the ball on the volley in one motion into the top corner.
Utd were brilliant that night, probably the best away European performance in the post treble era up to 2007.

the worst player in the vid but one of the most important goals

Unread 20-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Utd were brilliant that night, probably the best away European performance in the post treble era up to 2007.

Probably the worst player in the vid but one of the most important goals
Tbf Danny Wallace is in it.

Unread 20-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Tbf Danny Wallace is in it.
His main competition beyond any doubt. Phil Neville has taken a lot of abuse on here but his standing in the game is well above those 2, he might be the next weakest player though unless you judge Forlan only on his Utd years.

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Ashley's Grime

Eric's chip at Bramhall Lane number 38? Must be joking.:shakehead:

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Nani

I'd love to think LvG will sort him out

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Memories. Even amongst this selection of amazing goals Rooney with the volley against Newcastle and Ronnie from 40 yards at Porto stand out as ridiculously absurd Roy of the Rovers moments.

Andy Cole deft chips, overhead kicks, world class strike partnership interplay goals, Cole and Yorke at the Nou Camp toying with Barca. Nani has scored some sensational goals as well.
Cole is the most under-rated English player of all time imho. A fabulous footballer.

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:35 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Nani

I'd love to think LvG will sort him out
Love that #@&%! tbh. His first competitive goal was a worldy against Spurs in his first start at OT iirc. Was shit up to then

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Cole is the most under-rated English player of all time imho. A fabulous footballer.
Yes, look at the Strikers backing up Rooney at the world cup, Sturridge, Welbeck and Lambert. Cole was a class above any of them but he suffered from the rampant abuism during his early years at Utd, was turned into a comedy figure. Hoddle did not help his reputation either.

Defoe and Crouch have nearly 100 England caps between them, Cole had 15 over about 8 years.

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Love that #@&%! tbh. His first competitive goal was a worldy against Spurs in his first start at OT iirc. Was shit up to then

Had a lot of unfair stick over the last couple of years. He's barely played ffs.

Him destroying LvG's Bayern in '10 should help his cause

Unread 20-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Had a lot of unfair stick over the last couple of years. He's barely played ffs.

Him destroying LvG's Bayern in '10 should help his cause
Valencia was great that game too.

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:19 PM
taff

lovely one against southampton at 77 too. love the way the keeper catches the ball at the end and tries to pretend it wasn't utterly humiliating

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Mr Castro

It was pretty high in the list but Rooney goal against Bolton in 2007 was a masterpiece. Ronaldo took the pass, motored down the pitch with Rooney, passed it to him and Rooney just lifted it over the keeper. All within the space of 7 seconds.

I miss goals like that

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Sparky***

Ronaldo's free kick against Arsenal in the Champions league always makes me laugh. Totally killed the entire tie after 10 mins.

What a nonsense he was.

Unread 20-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Marvel7

Love the Rooney breakaway goal. Love the Rooney overhead. But my absolute favourite is the Cantona chip from '97, its as much for the celebration as the goal, 10 seconds that really tell his story.

Couple of my favourites missing, Hugues against Barca '91 and Hughes against Oldham '94

Unread 20-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Jethro

Obscene amount of chipped goals in that compilation

Unread 20-05-2014, 09:48 PM
The Watcher

Never bettered.
Closed Thread