United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So what do we do, drop him? Give Greenwood a run in the team? We certainly don't have many options atm.
Ole will know more than us. Rashford may have an off-field issue and that can affect what you do.

Ideally Martial is back for Newcastle and the option of him and Greenwood to lead the attack becomes an option.

Unread 01-10-2019, 03:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Ok, just so that I understand, your point is that it's simply impossible that none of our forwards were doing the right thing at that moment? That by criticizing the lack of movement from James and Lingard means that somehow Pereira is absolved from all responsibility to be composed and have his head up? That even with a static team mate you have no other option but head down shot away? Have you ever seen a one-two to get behind a defence?

Do you really not know what you're looking at or is this just a wind up?
You said he should have looked up, then in another thread said there was no movement around him and he couldn’t anymore than he did in that situation. Perhaps he saw the lack of movement in front of him and thought he’d take it on himself. Crazy thought I know.

No need to get so angry pal, you were caught out trying to be a smart arse. It happens to the best of us tbh.

Move away from the shovel and walk away.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Buck

There was a cut of Fergie's reaction to that run and shot. He was impressed.

4:10

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

https://youtu.be/nR0yDnV6QXs
How can anyone slag the kid off for that?

He’s an average player obviously and makes mistakes most games, but there was nothing wrong with what he did there.

Play the one two...

Ok.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn't even get a shot off. Was the same as at West Ham in the same position, didn't trust his pace, no belief in his left foot, conscious of the on rushing defender, get ball caught between his feet and barely even connected with it into Sokratis ankles. Sad to see the lack of confidence. Looked like a condemned man walking back after picking himself up from that and made very little effort to be in and around the goal whenever we attacked from that point. When you want your striker in the middle offering himself as an option for crosses and through balls, he was hiding in deeper areas or on the wing. Confidence completely shot.
He did.

Second half. Pogba ball out to the right. He hit it across goal, turned into neither a shot or cross, evaded James.

Agree on assessment. Confidence lower than it's ever been.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:21 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
He did.

Second half. Pogba ball out to the right. He hit it across goal, turned into neither a shot or cross, evaded James.

Nothing is coming off for him. I was denouncing him the other week but I genuinely don’t think he is as bad as he looks right now. Honestly just give him a rest, bring him on as an impact sub when his legs are fresh and the oppositions’ are weak and I’m sure he will be able to start finding his feet again. It’s at a point now where playing him week in week out is only going to sap at his confidence even more.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

He’s an average player obviously and makes mistakes most games, but there was nothing wrong with what he did there.

Play the one two...

Ok.

he's not a 'kid' he's 23 ffs

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

https://youtu.be/nR0yDnV6QXs
Looked a proper Brazilian there

Strange player. Can see why Ole gives him chances because he works hard and he's technically excellent. Dunno why he's ineffective.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
He did.

Ah, thought you meant the first half one just before the goal.

Second half one took a deflection and should've been a corner tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Looked a proper Brazilian there

Strange player. Can see why Ole gives him chances because he works hard and he's technically excellent. Dunno why he's ineffective.
Reckon he'll be decent in 2-3 years.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
he's not a 'kid' he's 23 ffs
I’d say that’s still a kid tbf...

Lingard is known as a kid and he’s just turned 38.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

true

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:58 PM
utd99

Quote:

Play the one two...

Ok.

I could really just step away and allow you keep making yourself look foolish with every smiley you try to buy. You DO know what a one-two is, right? Watch a City or Liverpool game, they do it all the time.

My god.

Unread 01-10-2019, 05:09 PM
barca99

Quote:

Give him time he will come good ...

@#%&!s still dining out on that FA Cup final miss hit

Unread 01-10-2019, 05:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
I could really just step away and allow you keep making yourself look foolish with every smiley you try to buy. You DO know what a one-two is, right? Watch a City or Liverpool game, they do it all the time.

My god.

This smart arse routine isn’t a good look pal, just makes you look an even bigger arse than your initial contradictory posts did.

Not sure why I’d want to watch a city or Liverpool game either tbh, but there you go. Strange comment, but to be expected from you this afternoon.

Sad that you’ve got so angry because someone’s pointed out you’ve been talking balls over two separate threads, just step away from the keyboard and move along.

Unread 01-10-2019, 05:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
This smart arse routine isn’t a good look pal, just makes you look an even bigger arse than your initial contradictory posts did.

Not sure why I’d want to watch a city or Liverpool game either tbh, but there you go. Strange comment, but to be expected from you this afternoon.

Sad that you’ve got so angry because someone’s pointed out you’ve been talking balls over two separate threads, just step away from the keyboard and move along.

Well you should. It's called football and you might learn a thing or two about how it's supposed to be played instead of making moronic comments that show you really don't know what you're looking at.

Lesson 1: Two players can make a mistake AT THE SAME TIME.

£#%&!ing dope.

Unread 01-10-2019, 05:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
When Pereira ran through in the first half you had James and Lingard just standing at the edge of the box staring at him - literally no clue what runs to make; and where was our centre forward? Pereira had no options but to keep running and take the shot.

What run would Sterling or Son have been making? At the very least they’d have been pulling defenders away. This is why we don’t create.
Quote:
Pereira, ffs.

He’s shown absolutely nothing to indicate he’s the solution to anything. He only ‘created’ that chance for himself because he didn’t have the vision, awareness or ability to anything other than continue to let his momentum carry him forward and see what happened - in other words, head down and keep running. What happened was the most obvious and predictable of finishes.

Quote:
Well you should. It's called football and you might learn a thing or two about how it's supposed to be played instead of making moronic comments that show you really don't know what you're looking at.

Lesson 1: Two players can make a mistake AT THE SAME TIME.

£#%&!ing dope.
So angry

I mean look at the two statements you made...

You even said it yourself “Pereira had no options but to keep running and take the shot”

So no, you my friend are the dope in this situation and this smart arse routine is only making you look like a bigger dope.

I’d also prefer to watch the likes of Barca, Juve, Bayern etc to see how football is best played, you know rather than watch our two biggest rivals. Idiot

Unread 01-10-2019, 06:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Nothing is coming off for him. I was denouncing him the other week but I genuinely don’t think he is as bad as he looks right now. Honestly just give him a rest, bring him on as an impact sub when his legs are fresh and the oppositions’ are weak and I’m sure he will be able to start finding his feet again. It’s at a point now where playing him week in week out is only going to sap at his confidence even more.
Agree, I don't know of he is good enough to play for us even at his best - but I do know he is light years away from that right now.

Unread 01-10-2019, 06:03 PM
dunk

Need him to drop out of the Internationals if he’s picked nqat.

Unread 01-10-2019, 06:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
You even said it yourself “Pereira had no options but to keep running and take the shot”
I can't explain this any further. You clearly don't understand what you're looking at.

Go watch some football, even if it is our rivals (they're not) and stop being a big girls blouse. you might learn something and avoid any more of this nonsense.

Unread 01-10-2019, 06:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

just saw the Brugges goal against Madrid

finishing technique was pure Rashy
Closed Thread