United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: Manchester United v Arsenal (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Manchester United v Arsenal (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Manchester United 7/5 F (1.40) 10 643568  
Arsenal 2/1 (2.00) 6 44600  
Draw 13/5 (2.60) 1 1100 WIN!

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Didn't get a chance to see the game but sounds like it went how I expected it to

Disappointed Axel made a small error for their goal but glad he performed well even at left back
He's going to be a top CB and can't be long before he displaces Lindelof

Ole's not helping himself sticking with this 4231 system and keeping frauds like Lingard and Pereira in the team
Surely Fred in a midfield 3 with The Scottish Player and Pogba is the obvious best of a bad bunch senior midfield we have

Really worry for Ole looking at the fixtures after Newcastle
Liverpool home, Norwich away, Bournemouth away
If we don't get a win at Newcastle then we could be waiting a while for the next league win and sink close to the relegation zone
It was a bit more than a small error. but he’s a kid so you have to expect he’ll make a couple of mistakes (made a couple more during the second half).

Shows why he’s not ready just yet to partner Maguire on a weekly basis.

Agree re the midfield, Not sure why Ole hasn’t tried it tbh?

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He is out of his depth. I love the bloke but you can't deny it.
You have no idea.

Were he failing with last season's Champions, then fair enough, but he's battling on with a mid-table side with a deliberately weakened squad. He's just had 4 games where his only attackers were a half fit completely out of form Rashford, a lad who was playing in the Championship last season and a couple of teenagers. You can't tell what is right and what is wrong in his management based on the season so far. Sorry. Turn your hysteria down.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:37 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
As poor as the quality was overall yesterday, I do think there was more of a picture of how Ole wants us to play. High press and intensity, with a mixture of short snappy stuff in and around the box and some old fashioned wing play with crosses whipped in. We honestly looked the better side to me for large portions of the game (again, overall quality aside), and with Martial up front we probably would have scored 2 or 3 before HT.

There’s no quick fix, even if we are going to start contemplating replacing ole, it simply isn’t feasible until next summer at the earliest anyway.
please tell me how we would have scored two or three before half-time with Martial

we have scored more than one goal in any full game only three times in our last 18 competitive games yet we sold or loaned two strikers in the summer and did not replace them

wow just wow

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
As poor as the quality was overall yesterday, I do think there was more of a picture of how Ole wants us to play. High press and intensity, with a mixture of short snappy stuff in and around the box and some old fashioned wing play with crosses whipped in. We honestly looked the better side to me for large portions of the game (again, overall quality aside), and with Martial up front we probably would have scored 2 or 3 before HT.

There’s no quick fix, even if we are going to start contemplating replacing ole, it simply isn’t feasible until next summer at the earliest anyway.
This.

Clear as day that putting a fit Pogba and Martial into the side regularly is an absolute necessity and without them it's painful, as the understudies aren't good enough/old enough..

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:38 PM
AK14

Quote:

This.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:43 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
please tell me how we would have scored two or three before half-time with Martial

we have scored more than one goal in any full game only three times in our last 18 competitive games yet we sold or loaned two strikers in the summer and did not replace them

wow just wow
Because I’m judging it on some of the chances created in the first half of the game played yesterday, and not any of the 18 previous games.

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Because I’m judging it on some of the chances created in the first half of the game played yesterday, and not any of the 18 previous games.
pretty sure we created a 'lot' of chances in those games and didn't take them either

although I do agree if Martial had started he might have at least got in the penalty box to miss them as opposed to whatever the £#%&! Rashford was doing

Unread 01-10-2019, 04:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You have no idea.

Were he failing with last season's Champions, then fair enough, but he's battling on with a mid-table side with a deliberately weakened squad. He's just had 4 games where his only attackers were a half fit completely out of form Rashford, a lad who was playing in the Championship last season and a couple of teenagers. You can't tell what is right and what is wrong in his management based on the season so far. Sorry. Turn your hysteria down.
That's correct, we simply don't know yet; that being said, he also shouldn't be getting a free pass. There is no rule that says you can't make a fist of it even during a re-building stage. We don't need to look this useless on a match by match basis.

Unread 01-10-2019, 05:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That's correct, we simply don't know yet; that being said, he also shouldn't be getting a free pass. There is no rule that says you can't make a fist of it even during a re-building stage. We don't need to look this useless on a match by match basis.
I don't think we've looked useless at any point tbh. Toothless, yes.

The first half at Wolves was as optimistic as I've felt about United's style and prospects in quite some time. What Jammy says about the moments not going our way atm is spot on. The fragility in the confidence throughout the club meaning a missed penalty or chance, or the opposition bagging a Worldy from nowhere is basically halting progress time and time again. The kick in the %@#$&!s that was more of the same against Palace was brutal, combined with the attacking injuries. Since then it's been largely toothless with the odd individual error to compound things. West Ham is the only game that felt truly awful, but that's a common thing there.

He needs to be allowed to battle through this period, which was always going to happen with a squad so low on options and quality, and get players fit and build confidence. It takes time.

We look more solid in general than we have in a couple of years, the balance of the side looked better last night without Mata and Matic () get Young out, Fred in and Martial/Greenwood and someone on the right and get them playing a few consecutive games together and then start to have a look at it.

Unread 01-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think that would be a terrible idea. we need a three-man midfield behind pogba... and fred can £#%&! off.

they couldn't give a £#%&!.
Pogba can £#%&! off too.

Quote:
You have no idea.

You've conveniently forgotten our last 8 games of last season I see.

Unread 01-10-2019, 05:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
I don't think we've looked useless at any point tbh. Toothless, yes.
I'm talking useless in the context of the sheer number of mistakes we commit every single game. The players are trying harder for sure, but sooner or later this lack of quality is going to put Ole under a huge amount of pressure.

Unread 01-10-2019, 06:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
They won't want to play in the Championship at this rate.
Its looking like Watford and Newcastle have two of the relegation places nailed down already, which could be fortunate for certain others

Unread 01-10-2019, 06:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Pogba can £#%&! off too.

Disregarded tbh.

Unread 01-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by saayfooty
Ole chooses to play 4231. Ole chooses to play Periera right wing and drift inside and kill our right wing. He chooses to play with a number 10. He chooses to play rashford eventhough he is injured or not 100%. He chooses to play a fill in left back right back and a right footed centre back at left back lol

These are all his mistakes.
Well, he did learn from the master.

By your definition of mistake, Fergie was making multiple with just about every team selection.

Quote:
Brendan Rodgers has been at Leicester less than a year and they look better than us with inferior players.
I’m tired of these comparisons. Pochettino at Tottenham, klopp at Liverpool, guardiola at city. The fact is they all took over a team with decent foundations and not one that had a £#%&!ed up dressing room which needed a comple overhaul as it was at united.

Quote:
Ole won't last the season. He will get more time than people usually would, if this worst start to a season in god knows how many years carries on, he will be out of the door.
Should have sacked the last guy who had that worst start in 1989.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He'll get the season. He's got rid of a lot of wasters, has a couple others sitting on the sidelines while youngsters get a chance. The youngsters will find his guidance valuable. And if he's not around next year at least he'd have reduced the age of the squad and brought back a semblance of what the United profile of player ought to be. The quality is not there for him to bring the results the United teams he played in got but the idea he has as manager is right.
And the next manager than £#%&!s it all up again. Suck it up and play the long game. For the first time in 6 years there’s an actual plan and some want to bail whilst it’s not even 20% done.

Quote:
He is out of his depth. I love the bloke but you can't deny it.
You kinda can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
As everyone should. You have no idea what the reason was or who was at fault for the end of last season. It’s unlikely to be a new manager.

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
I’m tired of these comparisons. Pochettino at Tottenham, klopp at Liverpool, guardiola at city. The fact is they all took over a team with decent foundations and not one that had a £#%&!ed up dressing room which needed a comple overahaul as it was at united.
Every single one of those teams -with the exception of City who'd been working the Guardiola angle for years- sacked a manager and appointed a new one because they were an utter mess. Even though there are rarely apples to apples situations, we can't just avoid tenure comparisons because it makes us look bad or we're tired of it. Everyone's tired of it.

Everything in football is a comparison to your competition.

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Everything in football is a comparison to your competition.
you're shit.

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Every single one of those teams -with the exception of City who'd been working the Guardiola angle for years- sacked a manager and appointed a new one because they were an utter mess.
They really weren’t.

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

I’m tired of these comparisons. Pochettino at Tottenham, klopp at Liverpool, guardiola at city. The fact is they all took over a team with decent foundations and not one that had a £#%&!ed up dressing room which needed a comple overhaul as it was at united.
Klopp took over Liverpool in mid table after they'd just been thrashed by Stoke City didn't he?

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:43 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Klopp took over Liverpool in mid table after they'd just been thrashed by Stoke City didn't he?
ssshhhhh

ole had made us worse that we were under Mourinho but that doesn't fit the narrative.

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Pretty much finished mid-table too. Liverpool weren't in that bad a shape tbh, just on a bit of a downer post Suarez/Sterling. Rodgers had done good work there but the 'transfer committee' were doing their best to £#%&! things up. Balotelli etc. '

Don't buy the Leicester line too much though. It's a team well suited to Rodgers. Perhaps a bit of foresight went into that